The Bloody Trail

One Way Out

*JongHyun with a 'y' is from CN Blue and JongHun without a 'y' is from FT Island.


 

" JongHyun Sunbaenim! "

JongHyun turned his head around, upon hearing his name being called. And there, JiEun and SunHwa, were running towards him with terrified faces. Their faces were as white as paper and he asked concernly, " What's wrong? "

The girls gulped and looked at their surrounding cautiously, as though something might just jump out of nowhere. JiEun rubbed her arms as cool wind blew in from the window beside them. " Can we walk together with you? W-we... don't like walking alone. " JongHyun nodded his head, " Sure. I don't really want to wander around this place alone either. " He then looked around, " The school looks so different from when it was in the morning. The spooky feeling it gives off does really scare people. "

The trio continued their walk down the isolated corridor. They looked around catiously, not wanting to miss a single detail. The wind continued to blow from the windows as they walked and their footsteps echoed through the long and silent corridors. Other than that, nothing else could be heard.

They were about to make a turn around the corner when SunHwa suddenly gasped. " Look! Sunbae! Over there! " She pointed to the wall infront of them. Blood splatters were clearly seen, even in the dim light. The blood still looked fresh, dripping down slowly onto the tiled floor. They gulped. JiEun and SunHwa grabbed onto each other tightly, not wanting to let go.

Their gaze followed the dripping blood onto the blood trail on the floor. It was so horrible they could imagine someone getting stabbed right in the heart, fresh blood oozing out from the wound, and looking at whoever or whatever that was there, pleading, asking for help, trying to scream, trying to stay alive, before finally falling to the ground, dead.

 

 

" Hyung! "

MinHyuk, JaeJin and MinHwan were on their way back to the classroom to meet up with the rest of the students when someone's voice stopped them in their tracks. That voice, that very familiar voice. MinHyuk immediately spun around, a wide smile forming on his face, happy to see his friend still alive. " JungShin ah! " He called as he went forward to give him a hug.

As soon as their little reunion ended, JungShin's expression turned apologetic. He had a bad news for them. A very bad one. " Hyung... " There was sadness in his eyes. He hesitated, seemingly unsure about breaking the news, before continuing. " I-I saw Fei sunbaenim... She's... d-dead... " He looked down onto the floor as he continued, " I woke up in a dark room and found Fei sunbaenim at the other corner of the room... " He paused. " A-And there was b-blood all over her... "

The news shocked all the three who were listening. Their eyes widen both in terror and in shock. Someone's dead, and it's someone that they knew. Someone that were in the classroom with them, playing and joking around just a few hours ago. And now she's dead, not having to voice it out, they all knew there was always a possibilty that they might be next.

Not knowing how to react, they looked at each other, obviously sad that someone had left. " Why don't we join the rest first? " JaeJin suggested in a whisper loud enough for the others to hear, breaking the silence that hung in the air. The rest nodded, knowing they had to let the others know about the saddening news too.

 

 

The four boys soon reached the classroom, with sadness written all over their faces, not knowing how to break the news of Fei's death to the rest. They entered the classroom and instantly all eyes fell on them. All of them looked shocked upon their return, and none of them peeled their eyes off the four of them. MinHwan shrugged and laughed awkwardly. " Ermm, hey everyone, we're back! And guess what? We found JungShin! " He gave an awkward smile and patted JungShin on his shoulder.

JiEun stared at JungShin and blood drained out of her face, her eyes widened. She was obviously scared to her wits. Trembling, she raised her shaking hand and pointed at JungShin. " He... he... B-blood- " She stuttered, panic-stricken, and the very next moment, she fainted. JongHyun caught her just in time and looked up, frowning in fear.

He gulped and took in a deep breath, " W-we found JungShin too. "

 

 

--flashback--

JongHyun, JiEun and SunHwa followed the blood trail along the corridor as they turned around corners after corners. The blood ended at the edge of a closed door. The three glanced at each other, feeling nervous and afraid, unsure whether they should open the door or leave it as it is. Being the only guy, JongHyun mustered up his courage and slowly raised his hand and held onto the door knob.

He slowly pushed open the door as the two girls held their breath, preparing themselves for what they might witness next. Straining his eyes to see better in the pitch-black room, he walked slowly inside. " A-Anybody here? " His shaky voice echoed through the room as he walked deeper inside. Suddenly, he froze. He just kicked something... or maybe someone.

He gulped and froze in his tracks. "W-What's wrong oppa?" The girls asked, terrified. Seeing JongHyun stopped dead in his tracks, he must have found out something. " T-There's s-something below... " A cold tremble went down his spine. Upon hearing his words, they hugged each other, seeking for the feeling of security. He knew one thing for sure. He had to look down. He had to. For the girls, for himself and for the something lying there.

His heart pounded wildly against his chest as his heavy breath echoed through the eerily silent room. With sweat flowing down his forehead, he slowly looked down. He gasped in shock and stiffened as his eyes widen in fear. It was the body of Fei. Meeting Fei's wide opened eyes, he let out a small trembling yelp. The girls took a step back and covered their mouth with their hands as a muffled scream escaped their mouths.

Overwhelmed with fear, tears escaped their eyes and flowed down their cheeks uncontrollably. They just saw Fei's dead body. Their unnie's dead body. Someone they have been so closed to. And now it's here, covered with blood, laying lifelessly on the hard tiled floor. Still staring at Fei's eyes, something struck him like lightning.

Fei was murdered. Murdered mercilessly with a knife. His gaze then fell on the knife she was cluthing onto. The knife in Fei's hands that had blood stains on it. Fei's blood stains. Maybe the murderer had placed the knife in her hands after cutting to make it look like suicide. But he or maybe she, had forgotten to close her eyes. Even though she's dead, but you could still see shock and pain from her eyes. She didn't suicide.

It was obvious. But giving another thought, which murderer would be that dumb to leave such an obvious clue there? Maybe he or she did it deliberately. To show that he or she wasn't the least bit afraid that they would know about his or her existance. To show how much pain he could give them. To show how merciless he or she is. To show how much more powerful he or she is than them, the weaklings. To show that he or she is watching their every move.

And indeed, to their ignorance, there's a pair of eyes staring at them, concealed in the dark room...

With the help of the dim light, he saw something beside Fei. Something between the colour of pink and red. Something which seemed to be covered in blood. Something that looked like raw meat. He frowned, trying to have a better look at what it was. He took in a deep breath and squat down, slowly raising his hand to scoop it up.

He gulped as his fingers touched the slimey and bloody thing. He raised his hands to the height of his eyes. His eyes widened at the sight of it. It is a tongue. Someone's tongue. Upon realising that, he immediately threw it back down on the floor and jumped back with shaky hands, shocked. He then glanced over at Fei, Fei's mouth that was slightly opened. And indeed, her tongue was cut off.

Hastily, he wiped his hands onto the wall, in an attempt to get the blood off. She must have pleaded for mercy, much to the irritation of the murderer, causing him or her to cut off her tongue, shutting her up. " S-sunbae... " SunHwa called between sobs as she pointed over to the other side of the room. Someone lied sprawled there.

She clutched onto JiEun, afraid. JongHyun moved away from Fei's corpse and gulped, trying to recover from the terrible shock only to meet another awaiting shock of his life. Taking out his phone, he shone the light across the dark room and slowly moving it to the face of another lifeless body lying there. He gasped as he saw yet another familiar face.

It was JungShin. And he is too, dead.