Zinger's not Fine

One Way Out

 

" Zinger! " HyoSung ran wherever her instinct told her to. *She is near. Very near. I need to hurry, I have to save her!* She panted heavily and her legs losing strength, but she kept running, not stopping for even a moment to rest.

As she passed by a door, she stopped, right infront it. She slowly turned to her right and faced the door. It was so near. HyoSung could feel her hair standing up and fear crept up her spine. She took in a deep breath and mustered her courage to open the door. " Zinger! " She rushed over to her dongsaeng, sprawled on the floor helplessly.

" Zinger? " HyoSung kneeled down beside the body as tears streamed down her cheeks. She slowly moved her hair aside, revealing her face. *W-what?* HyoSung backed away and sighed in both shock and relieve, no, that wasn't Zinger, just a dummy. But if that was the case, where is Zinger then? 

HyoSung stood up and continued to explore the dark room. " Unnie! "

*That voice!* HyoSung turned around and around, panicky looking for the source of that voice. " Zinger! Where are you? Unnie's here to save you! "

*Save her? How wrong.* The unknown shadow tsked at the corner, *Let me show you what I am capable of.* The door suddenly bang closed and HyoSung was shocked. It is all dark now. She couldn't see a single thing. Something suddenly lighted up at the corner. The yellow light shone brightly at a bed. To be specific, a surgery bed.

And the point was, the one being strapped on top was... " Zinger! " HyoSung rushed forward but was immediately stopped by someone behind. " Aaahh! " She screamed as the one behind pulled her hair with full force. As if her skin was going to come off, HyoSung could do nothing but continue to back off from the bed.

The person beside the bed, wearing a doctor's suit, started on the surgery. HyoSung's eyes widened and her voice trembled, " No! Stop! You can't do that! " He, as if had heard nothing, continued with his surgery. Blood rushed out and Zinger's mouth open to scream in pain, but her voice was not heard. Her eyes widened in fear and pain. Her hands clenched into fists, unable to move.

" Zinger! " HyoSung cried as she tried fighting back. But was soon given a hard shove onto the ground. " You will be next... HyoSung. " The voice whispered into her ear.

HyoSung's eyes widened, she recognized that face. " Y-you! " She attempted a attack but failed, " Don't you want to save your precious dongsaeng first? " She smirked and HyoSung gasped.*I need to save her!* She quickly turned around sprinted as fast as she could towards the bed, when something so shocking stopped her dead in her tracks. The surgeon had taken off his mask, or should I say, hers.

" Y-you again?! How could you?! " HyoSung could feel her head spin. Her vision blurred.

Just then the door opened, someone was standing outside. " Sunbae! " JaeJin rushed over to the semi-conscious HyoSung. She smiled, *finally now someone would believe her* she thought. The evidence was just infront of their eyes, there's no way for them to argue that she was lying anymore. But how wrong she was.

The only thing that she realised before passing out was that she was on the floor, lying in someone's embrace. But whose?

 

 

 

" Look! She's awake! " Suzy exclaimed in a whispered. WonBin rushed over with the others. HyoSung stirred and slowly lifted her heavy eyelids. Her vision was blurry and she couldn't see anyone in particular, just many many faces. The students all gathered around her and stared at her concernly, waiting for her head to clear.

Soon enough, she managed to focus on the faces of her friends. But, something was wrong. Very wrong. Someone's missing. HyoSung frowned worriedly and looked around for her dongsaeng, but sadly, it was a futile attempt. " Where's Zinger? " Tears were threatening to come out any moment now, but she managed to force them back in. None of them spoke.

No one answered her question. However, all knows, including HyoSung, the answer to that very question she was concerned about. YongHwa sighed and spoke, " HyoSung ah... Zinger- "

" No! I don't want to hear it from you! It's not true! " HyoSung cried. She took in a deep breath and pointed her finger at YongHwa accusingly, " It's all your fault! If you had believed me, this wouldn't have happened! Zinger wouldn't have died! It's all you! " She screamed at YongHwa.

" Calm down HyoSung! " WonBin managed to hold her down before she could attack YongHwa. HyoSung burst out crying and WonBin held her by his side, comforting her, soothing her hair. *I promised... I promised I will not let anything happen to her... I am a failed unnie... I couldn't even protect any of my dongsaengs...*

HyoSung still couldn't believe that her dongsaeng was not around anymore, but the scene of the cruel murder kept repeating again and again in her brain, as if telling her to revenge her dongsaeng. Zinger's eyes, her pain, her fright, her suffering.

 


Who do you think is the killer? Vote now! Clicky!