Too Late

One Way Out

 

Deep down in the long empty corridor, there was a door, leading to a room where all bodies were stored. No windows were seen, with the only exit being the door. There's no light, no fresh air, just a bunch of dead bodies. From the first to make this his home, JungShin, all the way to the new visitor, Zinger, they were all here in this dark room.

They had prayed and prayed that this would just stop, that no one would ever have to end up here again. Yet to their dismay, they were told someone new would be joining them in just a while. In this dark room, where it smelled of death, blood, and nothing else, people were slowly entering and never leaving. The shadow strolled out of the room, prepared for another hunt. Anknown to anyone alive, danger was nearing.

At the other end of the corridor, in class 1-A, the house of the remaining students, they were boredly doing random stuffs. Unaware of the danger approaching, Suzy was drawing random things on the table with a chalk she found somewhere beside the blackboard, Min was walking all around studying the spiders around the room, each forming their own webs, and YongHwa was playing a guitar he found with ShinHye as the audience.

At the other corner, HyoSung was still bitter over her dongsaengs' death. *I've got nothing now.* She sighed, *I feel like I was the cause of their death.* WonBin, standing behind her sighed too, *What can I do to cheer her up?* He then shook his head and turned away after remembering what MinHwan have told him, *How can I tell her about my feelings when she is like this? What was I thinking?*

Not far away, SeungHyun was smiling to himself as he fiddled with the little plaster Suzy helped him put on yesterday. Beside him, was a very bored JaeJin. Trying his best to keep himself occupied, he fiddled with every single thing he could lay his hands on. The silence in the classroom was suddenly broken by the now youngest guy, " Who want to have some food? " He asked eagerly.

Yesung looked at him weirdly, " Didn't you guys just had your meal? Why are you hungry again? "

MinHwan smiled, " I'm not hungry, but I'm bored. Therefore, I shall eat. Who want to join me? " WonBin took one last look at HyoSung and sighed, " I will go with you. " *Maybe I should get her some porridge, she didn't eat much just now.* With that, the two left the classroom and headed for the cafeteria.

Suzy, not interested in food, continued her drawings. But was soon disrupted by a warm voice, " Minions? " She looked up from the table and quickly covered her art piece, she awkwardly smiled and nodded her head. " Why cover it up? It's cute, isn't it? " He gave her a smile that melted her heart. She blushed and thought she could hear her own heartbeat running at a million miles per second.

MinHyuk slowly removed her hands from the table, revealing two cute minions from the Despicable Me. " Wah, you are a brillant artist! " Suzy smiled shyly at his compliment. And that few seconds of skinship with him doesn't help in calming her racing heart.

 

 

 

" Aren't they taking a bit too long? " Min asked the others worriedly. JaeJin frowned, " We should go and look for them. " Suzy nodded and the others agreed too. Since they all agreed that HyoSung was not in a state to witness a blood scene again, if there is one, so Suzy and SeungHyun stayed in the classroom with her, while the others went out to look for the missing two.

" Look! There's something there! " ShinHye pointed out. Sure enough, everyone could see that there was a shadow at the end of the corridor. JaeJin called, " WonBin hyung! MinHwan! " Echo was heard, but there was no reply. The cold wind blew like any other day, but this time, the eerie feeling was felt. They haven't felt it for sometime now. They all knew something was wrong, very wrong.

YongHwa frowned, " Is that shadow hovering in mid-air? "

" M-mid-air? " Min tered, " What do you mean by mid-air? " All of them saw it. The shadow. Not touching the ground. Up in the air. How weird. While the others were taking time to process what they just saw, Yesung spoke, " Let's just go and take a look. It doesn't seem like it is going anywhere. "

ShinHye agreed, " Perhaps we are just scaring ourselves. Maybe it is just a piece of cloth hung out to dry. " The group walked slowly towards the shadow. Every single step was heavy and filled with worry. Every single one of them there was nervous and anxious. " H-hyung... " JaeJin's eyes widened in disbelief as the shadow came into full view.

It was WonBin. Hung upside down with his feets tied to the ceiling. He was beaten up so badly that they could hardly recognise him. His eyes were swollen and his whole face covered with blood. His clothes torned and blood-stained too. YongHwa took in a deep breath and slowly reached out his hands, trying to feel for his breathing. The answer wasn't what JaeJin had hoped for.

Just then, Min saw another body lying unconsciously on the ground, MinHwan. She rushed over and checked if he was breathing. Fortunately, he was. He didn't seemed to have any injuries other than the one on the back of his head, which have left him unconscious. It probably wasn't his turn to die yet.

As ShinHye and Min tried to carry him up onto YongHwa's back, all MinHyuk could think of was, *How?* He looked at his suspect who seemed to be observing the already dead WonBin. *How can he attack them when he was with us all along?* Confusion was all over his face, but then, he remembered the minions Suzy drew, he gulped, *Don't tell me he have minions to help him with the dirty work too.*

Minions? That was not certain, but something definitely certain was that it was too late. All too late. The dongsaeng's further encouragement allowed him to make up his mind, " Don't wait till it's too late, hyung. " Don't wait? It was already too late.

 


 

Who do you think is the killer? Vote now! Clicky!