Despair

One Way Out

 

SeungHyun placed his jacket onto the sleeping Suzy. Suzy and Min had just fallen asleep after having some food they found at the stores in the cafeteria. After the death of their unnies, the two girls had deal with the blow suprisingly well. Sure, they had cried, but they were strong too, they just need some rest now. SeungHyun sighed before turning his attention from Suzy to someone else.

His friend, there he was, with watery eyes, standing by the door. SeungHyun followed his gaze to the couple standing by the railings outside the classroom.

 

The cooling breeze blow against their faces. The bright moon, for the first time since they are in here, doesn't seems spooky. " Do you want some food? " YongHwa asked, as he turned his head to face her and smiled.

ShinHye smiled back in return, " It's ok, we won't get hungry once we are trapped in here forever, you better save those food for youselves. "

YongHwa nodded in understanding before showing her a bottle of water, " How about some water? "

She looked at the bottle of water before turning her attention back to YongHwa, she smiled and nodded, " Sure! " She took the bottle from YongHwa and opened the cap. She put the bottle to her lips and took a sip of water. YongHwa smiled to himself before turning back to face the empty field below them.

ShinHye secretly smiled too. She then put the bottle cap back on and put the bottle down. There was silence, but not that kind of awkward silence. It was a comfortable kind of silent atmosphere between the two of them. Although there were not much scenery, they weren't bored at all standing by the railing staring out into nowhere.

 

MinHyuk gave a sour smile as he turned his gaze from the couple to the water bottle in his hands. He sighed before turning away from the two. He walked over to one of the tables and sat down, *What's wrong with me? It's just a bottle of water.* 

He took in a deep breath before drinking from the bottle he meant to give to ShinHye. *It's not the time to be jealous of YongHwa hyung, we are fighting to live...*

 

Back at the other side of the classroom, SeungHyun sighed in despair too. He looked at his hand that has been carefully bandage with a peice of white cloth. He then slowly turned his attention to Suzy and whispered, " You can cry, but please, don't cry for too long, it breaks my heart to see you crying. "

 

 

 

-Flashback to 1 day ago-

" Sunbae, we all know how hard it is to lose a friend, it is terrible, I know... " She took his hands and sadly smiled, " You can cry, but please, don't cry for too long, it hurts me to see you cry. " Suzy then wiped away his tears with her fingers.

Suzy's words ring beside his ear. -we all know how hard it is to lose a friend- Her words. -it is terrible, I know- Her comfort. -You can cry- Her tone. -but please- Her eyes. -don't cry for too long- Her touch. -it hurts me to see you cry- Her warmth.

Maybe she is right. What gone is gone. He shouldn't cry over spilled milk. He should treasure what he have now instead. He looked up at Suzy as she slowly disinfected his wound. She carefully, little by little, applied the medicine onto his injured hand. They are now in the office, with a box of first-aid kid beside them.

" Does it still hurt? "

SeungHyun shook his head, his eyes not leaving Suzy. -it hurts me to see you crying... it hurts me... it hurts me...- The line kept repeating in his mind. *Enough of crying.* SeungHyun promised himself. He didn't want to disappoint Suzy, he needs to buckle up.

She then blowed gently on his hand and smiled, " There! Now we just have to cover this with something. " Suzy looked around the first-aid kid and soon found a bandage, she then slowly used it to warp it around SeungHyun's wound while attempting to make another conversation, " Sunbae, do you know something? "

" What? " SeungHyun motioned for her to continue.

Suzy smiled to herself, " I tell you a secret, but you must promise not to tell anyone, ok? " She looked up at him and he nodded. " I... have a crush. " Suzy told him as she felt her cheeks heating up, SeungHyun's heart thightened as the word crush rang in his ear. " And I had always imagine what it would be like to have time with him alone, what we would talk about, how would it feel like to be close to him, and how would it feel like to have my hands in his. "

SeungHyun blinked and he bit his lips. *So, she is telling me about her crush now?* He didn't know why, but he just felt nervous and jealous. His stomach turned. He took in a deep breath before asking, " W-who is he then? "

Suzy looked up at him and smiled, " MinHyuk sunbae. "