Conflict

One Way Out

 


 

HyoSung jotted up from her sleep, her forehead full of sweat, her fist clenched and her eyes widened, as searched around the classroom for her beloved dongsaeng, but she was nowhere to be found. HyoSung panicked, " Zinger! Where are you Zinger?! " Tears flowed out of her eyes like a running tap and her heart felt like it was running a marathon. The first thought that came to her brain was: She took her.

HyoSung angrily stormed towards her and shook her up from her sleep, " Yah! Where is Zinger?! Give her back to me! You this bloody killer! Where did you hide her?! Huh?! " HyoSung shoved her and the accuse weakly fell back from her powerful push, hitting onto a table behind her. She gave a small yelp and whined in pain as she held her injured hand in her other.

The loud commotion have woken up the asleep students in the classroom, they looked at the two of them in confusion, still half asleep, not sure of what had just happened. HyoSung raised her hand high up in the air, prepared to give the poor girl a hard slap on the cheek for taking her Zinger. However, just before the loud smack could be heard, someone stopped her hand. " Stop it, HyoSung. What are you doing now? What wrong have she done to be treated like this? "

HyoSung glared at the guy infront of her and cried helplessly, " It's her! She is the one who killed JiEun and SunHwa! She is the one who murdered all our friends! Now she is after Zinger too! She is a murderer! " MinHyuk immediately came to ShinHye's rescue, " What are you talking about? How could she be the killer? "

HyoSung shook her hand free from YongHwa and backed away, " I knew it, I knew you guys won't believe me... That was why I didn't mention the dream to all of you... It's no use, all of you will stand at her side, none of you will trust me! " HyoSung collapsed down onto the floor and covered her tear stained face with her hands.

WonBin came rushing to her side and gave her a comforting hug, " It's going to be ok, we will find Zinger, don't worry. " He whispered softly into HyoSung's ears before looking up at YongHwa, " We need to talk. "

YongHwa gave ShinHye once last look before turning back to WonBin and nodding his head.

 

 

" Zinger had a dream. " WonBin started, and YongHwa nodded his head, urging him to continue. " She dreamed that ShinHye killed her. That was why HyoSung was so frantic when Zinger disappeared, please understand. "

" It's ok, I understand, but that doesn't give her the right to slap ShinHye. It's just a dream. " YongHwa calmly told him. WonBin tsked, " This is the reason why she didn't tell you about the dream, she knew you wouldn't believe it. " He turned away from YongHwa and sighed, " You are just mesmerized by her. Even if you know she is the killer, you will ignore it and treat it as if nothing happened. "

YongHwa was silent, he didn't say a single word and WonBin assumed that he finally got the logic into his mind. He then walked away from the railing and headed back to the classroom. He was about to enter the classroom, leaving YongHwa to think about his words, thinking that he had succeeded in this battle, when he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. Something he would never expect to hear just came out of YongHwa's mouth, ever so softly and peacefully, " Aren't you the same? "

 

 

 

Among all the commotion in the classroom, what they didn't realise was that not just Zinger, but Min, Suzy, Yesung, MinHwan and JaeJin were missing too. WonBin help HyoSung up from the ground and slowly led her to a chair, while MinHyuk examined ShinHye's injured hand. YongHwa walked over to them and asked concernly, " Are you ok? Is it still painful? "

ShinHye smiled softly and shoke her head, " It's ok, it's not that painful. " She tried to assure him. MinHyuk felt the atmosphere between the two and slowly backed away. A cold wind blew into his heart and his eyes suddenly stinged, *These two totally looks like a pair of love birds... What about me? Do I mean nothing to her?*

He sighed and turned away, just happened to see the front door's doorknob turning. He pointed to the door and whispered loudly, as to alert the others, " Look! " The 5 of them stared at the door intensely. Slowly, bit by bit, the door opened, and in came... Min, Suzy, JaeJin, MinHwan... and not forgetting Zinger.

The five students that just entered the classroom, were shocked to see five pair of eyes staring at them, as if they were some kind of freaks. *W-what's wrong with them?* JaeJin thought. They stopped in their tracks and stared back at the five in the classroom with widened and confused eyes.

HyoSung was the first to react. She gasped and ran forward to hug her missing dongsaeng, " Where have you been?! I was so worried! " 

" U-unnie... I'm sorry... " Zinger returned her hug in surprise as she bit her lips guiltily. MinHwan then explained, " Zinger said she wanted to go the toilet, but we, " He pointed to himself and JaeJin, who were the ones on 'duty', " can't possibly bring her there since she is a girl, but she didn't want to wake you up, since you have been really stressed out and tired recently, so we asked Min and Suzy to accompany her there instead. "

HyoSung smiled at her dongsaeng, relieved and happy, totally forgetting about the chaos she had created just a moment ago. However, MinHyuk, being on ShinHye's side, wasn't quite the same. Mumbling to himself, he rolled his eyes, " Psh, so much for ShinHye trying to kill Zinger, how real. "