The College of No Return

One Way Out

 

" OPPA! WHERE ARE YOU?! " She shouted while hastily pushing open the door of yet another empty classroom for the upteempth time. She scanned the classroom but he, who she was frantically looking for, was nowhere to be found. Tears rolled down her cheeks as disappointment sets in her heart again. She quickly wiped off the tears with the back of her hand and looked down at the ring he gave her. She was determined to find him. Quickly turning around, she moved on towards the corridor once again, continuing her search. " I know you're here somewhere, I know you're fine... I know... I just know... " She whispered to herself as an attempt to console herself. Turning the knob of the next classroom in line, she prepares herself to face yet another disappointment.

 

 

It was a quiet night outside, long past midnight. Soft pitter-patters were made when crystal clear raindrops dripped from the window panes onto the cold hard ground, forming puddles of water here and there. It was like a soft lullabye for the people of Seoul, driving them deep into their sleep. Nobody, none of them who were all sleeping so soudly, would have ever thought that a place so much in contrast to their peaceful bedrooms would exist in this same world. Right in the middle of the now quiet city stands this massive looking school - The College of No Return. Nobody knows why the school was named this way and neither did anybody knew why the school never allowed visitors at night, well except for a few who promised themselves to never tell a soul. This school, already present for 40 years now, is quite a famous school, I must say. One that ensures your future. Every single graduate makes it big. It was a successful school earning much respect from the ignorant people. Nonetheless, it has it's deepest, darkest secrets hiden from the rest of the world too.

Behind those giant locks hanging from the main gate of the school, terror is what felt. Peace? None at all. There was horror, anxiety and torture. However, nothing much was heard within the school though, only soft shuffling of shoes and occasional shouts of a certain name with shaking voices. A group of students were scurrying around the dark school grounds, looking for that one missing friend. The friend who they were afraid of losing. Those poor students, those who were innocently trapped in here, would probably never find their way out, well there is one way, just one way out, but would everything be too late by then?