Hanging in the Edge

Ice Breaker 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yuri walks towards Jessica with a heavy feeling as soon as he saw Heechul finally left alone. Everyone were enjoying themselves as they danced, it was a big old school dance party. Even Jessica was smiling as she silently watches their friends having a great time in her isolated spot on the tent away from the crowd.

 

“Sunny is very beautiful today." Yuri muttered as he looks ahead to the dancing couple, trying to start a conversation to the girl beside her.   “Yes she is... they both are.” Jessica unexpectedly replied without removing her eyes on the couple.   Yuri turned his head to the girl, who is still staring at their friends. He sadly smiled; maybe he will never talk to her again after this. She can’t even look at him now. “So... you are really leaving tomorrow?”   Jessica shifted her gaze at him and nod. “The reason I came back is to attend this wedding, I don’t have any reason stay after this."   Yuri observes the girl silently... Thinking about the words he wants to say. He felt like he already said everything. "Jessica it maybe the last time that we will see each other... I just want to tell you. How sorry I am… I’m very sorry.”   “I know.” Jessica forced a smile for him, then quickly look back ahead to their friends, she can’t look at Yuri’s face long. It makes her feel weak.   “I did a lot of thinking about everything… I’m sorry too, for blaming it all to you." Jessica added without looking at Yuri beside her.   Yuri look at Jessica in surprised then his face saddened. "All of this starts with me.” Yuri holds Jessica’s shoulder.   Jessica then look at him with sad smile on her face, Yuri can see the tears that were threatening to fall on her eyes.  “So let’s end it here, Yuri”   Yuri knows that goodbye is the only thing waiting for them, looking at Jessica in front of him now makes him want to wept and drop on his knees. Her eyes reflect pain and sadness that makes his heart ache.  His girl deserves so much more than what he can give, Heechul was right.    "I wish both of us find that kind of happiness.” Jessica broke the silence gaze back to Sunny and Sooyoung dancing close as they laugh at each other. “You, probably with Tiffany and me with someone else.”   "That someone will be lucky to have you" Yuri said with a lump on his throat, inflicting pain to himself.   Jessica’s tears finally escaped from her eyes, she quickly brushed it as she faces Yuri again.   "Tiffany is lucky to have you too.” Jessica gave the best smile that she can give Yuri; she took a deep breath as she took his hand and put something on it.    Yuri looked at the shiny necklace on his palms; it was the star necklace that he gave Jessica on the day that he confessed.  "This is the best time to give it back to you. I hold on that all this years, it always reminds me of us. I can’t do that anymore, so give that to tiffany now... make new memories with her"   Yuri can’t find the words to express his objection he balled his hands with the necklace into a fist... He just pulled the girl in his arms and hugged her tightly, he closed his eyes and his tears escaped as he felt his heart tightens.  He cannot stand it anymore, he just can’t say goodbye. "Jessica I love you"   Jessica bit her lips to prevent any sound escape from her, as her tears flows continuously as she heard those words from Yuri, she can feel her heart break again for she knows that those words can’t do anything anymore. Yes, Yuri loves her.  Every part of her wants to believe and hold on to that again,  but no matter what Yuri feels, in the end he will still choose Tiffany and that thought is what hurting her the most.   "I know..." She said as she pats Yuri's back, afraid that if she returned the embrace she will not let go. "Don’t worry you will forget soon.” Jessica whispered but it's more like something that she wants to say to herself.  "We will be fine"   Yuri cried even more “No..."   Jessica tried to free herself from Yuri's embrace. "We have to."   But Yuri didn’t let her. "Baby... please"   Jessica finally burst. “Yuri, please don’t do this to me!” She looked at the man’s eyes in tears.   “It’s hard enough for me to come back here and face you again after all that happened. I get it. You love me but you love Tiffany too. Crazy as it sound I learn to accept that now” She leaned her head on Yuri’s shoulder as she cried harder. “I love you, I really do even after all that happened… but I can’t go on with this anymore. The moment you fell for her is moment you abandoned me.”   “Sica…”    “You’re so busy taking care of her, have you ever realized that maybe I needed you too? Do I have to be sick like her so that you can finally choose me?” she said bitterly.   “Baby, please don’t say that” Yuri cried with her, feeling guiltier as ever. He can’t bear the thought of Jessica in Tiffany’s situation, he felt like dying.   Jessica lifts her head to face him again, her eyes were pleading. “Let’s stop hurting each other. You made your choice, let’s just both accept the fact that US will never be together. Let’s free each other and have the closure that we deserve” She untangled herself from Yuri’s arms; the later seems to lose strength that made it easier for Jessica.   “If that’s what you wish” Yuri reached for Jessica’s face and gently wipes her tears with his trembling fingers.    “That’s what I want” Jessica determinedly lied.   Yuri nodded as he brushed his own tears like a little kid. Unknown to them a pair of sad eyes were watching them.  Jessica is the first to notice the girl who was standing few meters away; Yuri followed what the girl’s eyes through instinct and found Tiffany who looks at them with hurtful eyes.    "Y-Yuri..." Tiffany manages to mutter with a pained voice, her eyes were lock to the man she loves who is now shedding tears for another woman.   "Tiffany it’s not what you think---" Jessica said in urgency, but she was cut when the glared at her.   Tiffany shook her head bitterly, she looks at Jessica accusingly “I’m a fool to believe you!”  She gritted her teeth and run out from the tent.  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter