Stop in Time.

Ice Breaker 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
High school Senior Year.   Yuri was smiling like a fool as he opened the pink box from his pocket. This will be a special day, he can feel it. A platinum chain shimmers with a little star hanging as a pendant. ‘She will love this’ He assured himself, trying to get all the confidence that he could possibly have. From afar he saw a familiar figure walking on his way.  Her gold hair was glowing against the light from the window that made Yuri hold his breath.  He automatically smiled when he met her tantalizing gaze.

 

“Oh! Yuri!” The girl gave her a smile.She’s one of her dearest friend since 7th grade. Yuri smiled to his self when he recall how he made the girl suffer from his bullying for almost half of the school year, little that he know that the same person will play a huge role on his life.  “Are you looking for Tiffany?” The blonde girl eyed him as he tried to unlock her locker.

 

“No, I’m actually looking for ---“Yuri wasn’t able to finish when the girl opened the locker and reveal a bunch of unopened letters, plushies, and sweets. Some of them even fell from the floor because of unaccommodating space…

 

 The girl was staring blankly at her locker. “What’s the date today?” She asked without lifting her eyes.

 

“February---“

 


“Valentines Day, darn it.. Where will I put my things now?” She just muttered.  Jessica starts to segregate the stuffs on the floor.

 

Yuri just watched her separate the random things that was found in her locker. “Wow is that all yours?”  He is quite amaze to see how many stuffs she actually have.

 

“I guess. I have my name on it” Jessica said absent mindedly as she finished grouping it.

 

“What are you gonna do with them?” Yuri asked her.

 

“Like usual” Jessica gave out the sigh...”I will give Sooyoung everything that is edible, and donate the toys to Krystal and Seohyun” 

 

“How about the letters?”  He stared at her.

 

Jessica thought “I will read them” She said as she starts to put the handful of letters in her bag.

 

“Why would you do that?!” Yuri didn’t realize that he just raised his voice.

 

Jessica gave him a strange look “Yuri, Letters are meant to be read, what do you want me to do with it?” then she starts to put back the plushies and sweets on her locker. “Don’t tell me you didn’t receive anything today?” the blonde said in disbelief.

 

Yuri scratched his head “I did…but I threw it away” Earlier he did have the same scene in his locker but he just swiped it all off and put it in the nearest trash bin.

 

“That’s not right Yuri” Jessica glared at him.

 

“What? You’re the ice princess! You ignored people every day. We’re just the same” Yuri snorted

 

“No we’re not. I don’t ignore them. I just don’t talk because I don’t have anything to say and second unlike you I acknowledge their efforts” Jessica showed the letters again.

 

“You’re just playing nice”

 

“I’m not”

 

“What will you gain if you will read all of that? It will just give you headache.” Yuri said in AS-A-MATTER-OF-FACT tone.

 

“Or maybe not.”Jessica smiled “Who knows, maybe the person I like sent me a letter this year, It'll be a shame if  I will miss his letter”  Jessica put back the letters on her bag not noticing Yuri’s upset expression.

 

“Fine.” Yuri started to walk away, He gritted his teeth.. “The person  she likes? Pssh, I can’t believe her”

 

Jessica just stared Yuri’s back and gave out a weak smile.   “You’re hopeless…’ She heard a Tsk, Tsk sound from her back; Jessica gazed at her best friend Sooyoung. “What?” She eyed him.

 

“When will you stop torturing the
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter