Free to Go.

Ice Breaker 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany still lying unconscious in the hospital bed..It’s been three hours now, Yuri was pacing back and forth in her room, thinking of what to do.  He looked at the sleeping girl in the bed. ‘What am I going to do with you?’ He opened Tiffany’s bag to get her phone and he searched for the number of her grandmother.

 

‘Hello, Tiffany?’

 

‘Grandma Hwang’

 

‘Who is this?’ there’s a urgency in the old woman’s voice.

 

Yuri took a deep breath before answering. ‘It’s Yuri’

 

A sigh of relief was heard from the other line. ‘Oh Yul, You’re with Tiffany?’

 

‘Yes.. Grandma.. Tiffany kinda fainted. We’re in the hospital now.’

 

‘Oh my,  That child. She did go to you alone.. What’s the name of the hospital?” The old woman sounds worried.

 

Yuri provided the name of the hospital as well as the address..  Tiffany’s Dad died more than five years ago, at that time they were only just 19 and since then Tiffany lived with her grandmother her only relative. Yuri brushed away the stray strands of her hair away from her face, the poor girl looks so pale.. “What’s happening to you mushroom?”

 

++++++++

Tiffany was crying beside her father’s coffin, it happens all of a sudden. Mr. Hwang is a very healthy individual, that s what other people know. Even his only daughter doesn’t know about his illness. His death will surely have a great impact to Tiffany.

 

Yuri and Jessica entered the room along with their friends. Tiffany wasn’t able to go to the university for about a month now. Since her father got hospitalized, at the sight of her best friend. Tiffany run to Yuri and hugged him.

 

“Yuri.. Dad is gone.” Tiffany was sobbing.

 

Yuri hugged back Tiffany tightly. “Don’t worry mushroom.. Everything will be alright. I will make sure of that” He said while patting her head.

 

Tiffany cried harder.

 

Yuri looked back to her girlfriend who is standing near him. Jessica gave an understanding smile..  She patted Tiffany’s shoulder “My condolences Tiffany. I’m here whenever you need me” Jessica whispered to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany stiffens but didn’t reply. Yuri is the only person she needs right now.

 

Jessica look at Yuri.. “Stay with her for the time being. She needs her best friend more than ever”

 

Yuri sighed, and then gave smiled back to Jessica weakly; At this time he’s really thankful to have her as his girlfriend. She was always understanding and supportive. She’s always there for him and even Tiffany. This only made him love her more.

 

“We’re just outside if ever you both need us.”Jessica said before she leave the two..

 

As expected Tiffany suffered greatly from the lost of her father. Yuri tried his best to be with Tiffany as much as possible. The old happy mushroom was gone, and was replaced by a sad and weaker version. Their circle of friends was very concerned. Specially Yuri who gradually seeing his best friend slip away.

 

“Tiffany It’s been six months now.. Don’t lock yourself in here” Yuri said to the girl curled up on her bed.

 

“Just go away Yuri” Tiffany didn’t even bother to look at him.

 

“Is that what you want?”

 

“Just leave.”Tiffany replied still unmoving.

 

Yuri gave out a frustrated stare, His friend was turning to a living dead.  Tiffany refuses to go back to school after her father’s funeral and was avoiding everyone. It hurts him to see her like this.

 

Yuri grabbed Tiffany and shook her shoulders, trying to shake her sense back to her. “Tiffany, snap out of it already. You’re still alive! Don’t cage yourself here!” Yuri’s eyes became teary.

 

Tiffany

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter