Lunchbox

Back as 5 again

Sitting down at the table, I wait for the two of them to buy their food while i took my lunch box, removing the lids of the container. The aroma of kimchi fried rice caused my tummy to grumble in protest.

'Kimchi fried rice! Is that for me?' Changmin asked as soon as he puts his tray down taking a seat opposite me while Yunho sits beside him.

'No. It’s mine, but you can have a little bit only,' I said shielding my lunchbox from him.

'Let’s eat....' Yunho said as he starts digging his food as Changmin still eyes my lunchbox. Grabbing a bite of the kimchi fried, i look at Changmin who still eyes my lunchbox. Slowly pushing it towards him, his eyes brighten up, scooping a spoonful of kimchi fried rice before pushing the lunchbox back to me.

'J.... Did... Did you cook this?' Changmin asked as he swallow the food. Chewing on my food, i look at him with a confuse look.

'Is there something wrong?' I asked tilting my head and looking at my kimchi fried rice.

'Er... It’s just that.... Yunho hyung why don’t you try it?' Changmin said scooping a spoonful for Yunho. Looking at Changmin and the spoon consecutively, Yunho takes the spoon and eats it without saying a word.


'Hmm... Nice....' Yunho said giving thumbs up to me. 


'Hyung! Isn't it similar?' Changmin asked as Yunho looks at him. Blinking confusedly, i look at Changmin trying to figure out what is wrong with him.


'Similar to what?' I wondered looking at him being confused.


'Well, similar to-' Changmin said but was cut off when their manager is standing at the side of the table, appearing out of nowhere.


'I forget to inform you guys that you have a CF shoot in two hours. Meet me in the van, after you guys finish your lunch.' Their manager said before leaving the three of us to finish our food.

 

‘Hyung, really? isn’t it familiar?’ Changmin asked again with a serious face. Yunho stops eating and look at him before sighing and shaking his head.

 

‘Minnie hyung, similar to what?’ I asked as I continue eating my lunchbox.

 

‘Erm, it is similar to… Yoochun fried rice….’ Changmin whispered as he looks at his food and playing with them instead of eating. Yunho freezes in the spot as he looks at Changmin wide-eyed while I rubs the back of my neck.

 

‘Really? Then I succeed then! You know I have been trying to cook this like for weeks and I finally done it!’ I said awkwardly trying to divert both of their attention. Yunho just look at me with disbelief while Changmin does not seem to react to whatever I said.

 

‘You are not lying right?’ Changmin asked looking at me. Taking a deep breath, I nod my head in agreement avoiding any eye contact, while finishing my food. I could feel Yunho staring at me but I do not dare to look up.  Finishing my lunch, I look at Changmin who seems upset about my answer, trying to finish his food while Yunho is done with his food and seating cross arm looking at me.

 

‘Minnie hyung, are you alright? I shouldn’t have brought this today. I am really sorry,’ I said as I look at him with an apologetic as I hope that he would forgive me. As Changmin finishes his food, he looks up as I anticipate his next sentence.

 

‘Will you… I mean… Can you cook this, you know for us? Like once a week?’ Changmin asked causing me to be wide-eyed. Smiling, I just nod my head as Changmin beams in happiness before grabbing Yunho’s plate and leaving the table to return the utensils. I sigh in relief as Changmin didn't continue asking any more questions as I pack my lunchbox into my bag.

 

‘You didn’t cook it, did you?’ Yunho asked causing me to stop my actions and turning to him.

 

‘I did…’ I replied trying to look at him so that he won’t be suspicious about me lying but somehow I quickly look away pretending to pack my bag. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Yunho smirked and when he is about to open his mouth to ask any further questions, Changmin comes back with two bottles. As Changmin hands one bottle to Yunho, I was glad that Yunho didn’t continue asking his question.

 

‘J, we are going for our shoot. Are you joining us or?’ Changmin asked after drinking his water.

 

‘Maybe later? I need to drop by the office for a while,’ I replied.

 

‘Let’s go together then? I mean, I need to grab my stuff in the dance room. Hyung, how about you?’ Changmin said as he looks at Yunho.

 

‘I have my stuffs with me already. I'll meet you in the van?’ Yunho said, getting up from his seat and walking away. Changmin look at me with questioning looks while I just shrug before getting up from my seat as the two of us head towards the lift. Bidding goodbye, I excuse myself to the office while thinking about Yunho’s sudden change of emotion.