The Place

Back as 5 again

As I reached the car park lobby, I got the shock of my life when I see that my car was badly vandalised and there are writings asking me to get away from their oppa. My blood starts to boil when I see the amount of damaged that the fans had done to my car and also the amount of work that needs to be done to repair my car.  

'Tsk. Stay away from my Oppa? Stupid fans! Now how am I supposed to go to school!' I mumble angrily. I sigh when I see that all for my tyres are punctured and that the back glass is shattered and luckily I didn’t keep any valuable things in my car. As I am examining the vandalism, scratches and writings on my car, my phone rings and being annoyed, I answer it rudely.

'What?!'

'J! Its Yunho hyung! I don’t know what to do! Can you come by our photo shoot set like right now? I'll text you the address. I got to go and check on hyung…' Changmin said, hanging up before I could even reply anything.

I sigh in frustration and continue looking at my car at the same time taking photos of the vandalism as evidence. I receive a text message and upon knowing the address that Changmin wants me to go, I walked out of the lobby and hail for a cab.

Standing at the pavement, I start hailing for a cab but to avail. Frustrated and annoyed by the fact that I am not able to use my car to go to the location that Changmin had texted me, I start dialling for a cab. After much difficulty of getting a cab, I finally manage to get a cab and upon getting into a cab, I rush the driver to the specific address hoping that nothing bad is going to happen when I reach the place.

I tried calling Changmin to know how Yunho is doing but to no avail as I am only greeted by his mailbox. As soon as the cab stops at a building, I reckon that the building looks familiar but I can’t seem to recall where I have seen it before. Putting aside the thought of trying to figure out where I had seen the building, I paid the fare and dash out of the cab without getting the change back.

Ignoring my wounded feet, I walk quickly to the lift but I am greeted by a sign that informs that the lift if under maintenance. Leaving me with no choice, I decided to climb up the stairs, fastening my speed.

As soon as I reach the designated floor, I didn’t take any chance to calm myself down and continue to frantically search for the specific address. Soon it struck me that I am at the old dancing studio where I would usually dance and hang out with my friends and also it is where the five of them use to gather to practice. I slow down when I realise that I am walking to the dance room that is not foreign to me. Walking up to the door slowly as I try to catch my breath, I hesitate to open the door.

When suddenly, the door is being open from the other side and I was shocked to see Changmin standing in front of me. Changmin, who is also shocked, try to compose himself and smile awkwardly at me when he sees me standing in front of him.

'J!' Was all he said. Standing in front of him, panting for breath, I push him aside and enter the room which is decorated with balloons, streamers and banner, leaving him standing at the door.

'J! Happy birthday!' Yunho said pooping a party popper smiling as I walk into the dancing studio while Eunrae is lighting up the candles on the cake standing at a long table.

As I walk slowly towards the table, Hyemi who happens to just reach the place, enters the room and walk towards me, spinning me around. Shock by the sudden action, I look at Hyemi who is smiling brightly and holding onto a small box.

'J! Sorry I can’t stay. I have a schedule like right now but here, happy birthday! I got to leave now or I will be punish for being late.' Hyemi said handing me the small box that she is holding. Taking it without showing any expression, Hyemi hugs me before walking out of the place, walking pass Changmin who is still standing at the door do not know how to react to what had happen. Keeping the present into my bag, I walk towards Yunho and Eunrae who is standing at the table with a piss expression while Changmin close the door as soon as Hyemi leaves the door and moves towards the two of them.