Piggyback

Back as 5 again

All of a sudden, Yunho's phone rings and the caller is their manager, informing them that they have to leave for dance practice and that he is reaching to fetch them in ten minutes.

Upon hearing that their manager is waiting for them, Yunho stands up, informing me and Changmin about it before he quickly starts to clear the whole place follow by Changmin, knowingly not to make their manager wait for them.

As the both of them are clearing the streamers and balloons, I decided to clear the table packing the cake into the box and the utensils before packing the party hat and party poppers into the paper bags. Every inch of the room seems spotless when I am done with cleaning the tables and the two of them only took less than five minutes to clean the whole place.

'I'm done!' I said as soon as pack the final party popper into the paper bag as I pick my bag.

'Let’s go before hyung gets mad.' Yunho said taking the paper bag from me and carrying the other stuffs. Following the two of them to the door, I take a last look at the room again imagining that I had just met with the five of them before exiting the room. Heaving a sigh, I close the door and walk towards Yunho and Changmin who is waiting at the staircase.

'Wait!' Changmin said when I am about to take a step down the stairs. Confuse, I just stare at him as he moves in front of me before he bends down.

'Get on.' Changmin said.

'It’s ok hyung, I can manage.' I said refusing his offer and try to walk away from him.

'No. Get. On. Now.' Changmin replied sternly while I look at Yunho signalling him to help but he just shrug. I finally give up and climb onto Changmin's back when he didn’t move an inch, holding tight onto him before the two of them starts walking down the stairs.

'I think hyung is mad at us.' Yunho state as soon as we reach the ground floor when he sees a black van park outside the building.

'It’s alright. Let me talk to him. I'm sure that he will not be mad.' I assure them as we walks towards the front door.

Yunho pulls his hoodie up while I help Changmin to put his hoodie up before burying my head on Changmin’s back hoping that there will not be any fans that would recognise them. Yunho opens the van door as I get down from Changmin’s back and entering the van.

We are greeted by the tense atmosphere in the van and it is obvious that their manager is angry at them. No one utter a word but they just look at each other as the driver starts driving off.

'Ahjusshi. Are you angry?' I ask their manager who is sitting beside the driver but there is no reply.

'Ahjusshi, I'm sorry that they are late. It’s my fault. Please don’t be angry with them. They were just celebrating my birthday, that’s all.' I said trying to persuade their manager who suddenly turn and look at me with a stern causing me to shrink in my seat.

'It’s your birthday today? Ohmy I forgot all about it. Happy birthday J!' Their manager said as his expression softens patting my head.

'Thank you, ahjusshi. But please don’t be angry with them. You can be angry with me.' I add.

'Ah, I’m not angry with them. No worries.' The manager said assuring us that he is not angry at the two of them leaving Yunho and Changmin heaving a sigh of relief before giving me thumb ups.

As soon as we reach the company, fans start to swarm the van. In instance, Yunho and Changmin had their hoodies up and grabbing and putting their shades on while I lower my cap to cover half of my face. Waiting patiently in the van, their manager goes out of the van and walks towards the van door. As soon as the door is open, I walk out first hanging my head down and walking as fast as I can followed by Yunho and Changmin.

The three of us rush to the dancing studio as soon as we step foot into the building, we are greeted by a group of trainees leaving the dancing studio. As some of the trainees greet Yunho and Changmin while some of them are giving me glares as I am able to hang around with their sunbaes but some of them are just smiling at me.

Entering the dancing studio, I take a seat at the sofa while the two of them went to change to their dancing attire. Taking off the cap that I am wearing, I look around the dancing studio that is quiet and even though I am use to it, it still feels a little alien to me to not be hearing laughs and shouts in the dancing studio. All of a sudden, the dancing studio door opens from outside causing me to jump in shock only to reveal their choreographer.