The Older and Younger Guy

Back as 5 again

I watch as the older guy enters the dressing room and sit at the dressing chair, plugging in his earpiece and searching for the one song, the same song that he has been listening to whenever he has any free time. As the make-up artist and the hairstylist starts touching up the older guy face and hair, the younger guy comes out of the fitting room, all ready to start the filming his part for their music video.

'All set?' I asked the younger guy and he nod in return as he check his outfit and when he was about to leave the room, I cheered him on.

When the younger guy left the room, I turn my attention back to the older guy who is still seating at the chair even after the make-up artist and hairstylist had finish touching up his make-up and hair, totally immersed to the song with his eyes closed. Unexpectedly, a stream of tears escapes his eyes. Grabbing a tissue, I walk towards him and wipe the tears away gently. Startled, he opens his eyes and flashes a weak smile, unplugging the earpiece before taking the tissue and wiping his tears away carefully not smudging his make-up.

'Do you want to talk about it?' I said looking at his reflection in the mirror and he stops wiping his tears staring back at me before letting out a sigh.

'Hyung, you know that you can tell me anything right?' I assured him and another sigh escape his mouth before he turns his seat to face me. I pull a dressing chair that is beside him and sit facing the older guy.

'I… I don’t know. I just… I just miss them. I miss the times we spent together where laughter fills the room. It’s just unbearable to not see them. It’s just… I don’t know how to say it. I dislike the feeling that it’s only the two of us doing anything like filming for music video or even recording. It’s just…' The older guy said holding back his tears.

'It’s ok hyung. I understand the feeling even though I’m not an artist. But you need to be strong, for Minnie and your fans. You are not the only one feeling that way, I feel it to at times but I know that somewhere and somehow they are doing well,' I comfort the older guy. Closing his eyes, he tries to calm himself down and fight the tears that are going to fall down anytime.

'You can go through this hyung. Me and Minnie will be here for you and not forgetting them also always in your heart.' I added, smiling at him as he looks calmer.

'Hey J, can I ask you a question?' He asked looking at me and I respond with a nod.

'Why... Why did you call me and Minnie, you know, hyung instead of...instead of oppa?' the older guy’s question make me smiled and I was expecting either the younger or older guy to asked me that question anytime sooner.

'Well, you had lost the three most important people and with me deciding to stay and assist the two of you, it’s going to be hard to forget them. By me calling you hyung instead of oppa, you are willing to open up to me more about anything and I also want to create a new memory that you can cherish in the future. But I can call you oppa if you dislike me calling you hyung,' I explained as I try to examine his reaction to my explanation.

'No. It’s fine.' The older guy said, turning the dressing chair back facing the mirror and wiping his tears.

I get down from the chair and is about to continue doing my work when my phone rings. I glance at the older one when I saw the caller id before answering the call but before I manage to utter a word, the caller starts talking.

'J! We need you now! It’s hyung! Hurry!' Was what the caller said followed by a loud banging of the door and yelling coming from the background.

I slam my phone and push aside my work properly, grabbing my bag pack at the same time checking if I got all of my personal stuff with me.

'Hyung! GTG, emergency!' I said to the older guy and without waiting for his response, I run out of the dressing room almost bumping into the younger one. Dashing out of the filming set, I enter my car and speed to the caller’s destination in the case is my house.