The Accident

Maybe We Are Meant To Be...

*Sang-hee POV*

It was seven in the morning when I stepped out of the house.

Strolling along the road slowly, I plugged in the earphones of my mp3 player.

Shaking it a little, I pressed the play button, hoping that it could still function.

I smiled in relief when a soft melody went through my ears some time later.

After all, it was a discarded old item I had picked up and I must be thankful that it had been working fine till today.

The sun shone warmly above me and I felt the gentle breeze blowing across my face comfortably along the way.

Looking around the surrounding, I could see people rushing here and there, either going to work or for school.

These few hours were the only time I could be in my own world each day, without having to face those rantings from my aunt.

*************************************************

*Sang-hee POV*

It took me almost 2 hours of walking before I could reach this wet market each day.

It was my aunt's instruction, as this place were the only one which offered the greatest deal.

"Sang-hee arh....the vegetables are very fresh today..."

I was greeted by the warm lady as soon as I reached the first stall.

"Morning Auntie Lee!!! Alright....give me some...."

I smiled and said after scanning through the greens that were placed neatly above the table.

"Here you go pretty..."

The auntie passed me the bag shortly after.

"Thank you Auntie Lee....have a nice day...and as usual....put this on my aunt's credit..."

I bowed politely after I received the bag from her before moving to the next store.

"Sang-hee arh....I saved the best pork for you..."

A man in his early forties shouted for my attention as soon as he caught sight of me.

"Thank you Uncle Park....you are too kind..."

I took the bag from him before I shifted to the next stall again.

I had been coming here everyday without fail, be it rain or shine to buy the ingredients needed for the ra-men store.

I knew almost everyone here but my aunt never give me any money before, in fear that I might squander it away.

Everything I bought here were on credit.

*************************************************

*Eunhyuk POV*

Stretching both of my hands in the air, I let out a big yawn sleepily.

I closed my eyes when the sun light shone brightly right into them the moment I stepped my foot out of the building.

I had stayed in the company for the whole night yesterday,

My body was starting to ache due to the long hours of dance practise I had throughout the entire night.

Most of the members had went for their morning schedules and I was left alone to go back to the dorm.

How I wished the bed was right in front of me now, and I could definately sleep within seconds.

Yawning again, I dragged my tired foot to the car slowly.

*************************************************

 *Sang-hee POV*

My hands were full of bags by the time I stepped out of the market.

Standing at the junction just when the light turned red, I was startled when I saw a huge truck driving past through without stopping.

My eyes followed the direction of the speeding truck when I noticed a man walking along the road at this time.

It seemed that he was getting into the car parked at the side of the road, and he started to search something in his pocket, trying to find the car key I guess.

He was back-facing the speeding vehicle and the trunk did not seem to be stopping any moment, probably because the driver could not see the man.

Realising something might be happening soon, I started to ran after putting down all the things I had in my hands, before waving frantically to get the man's attention.

However, he seemed not to notice me, as he was still rumbling through his pocket.

The truck was getting closer and closer to him with each passing seconds.

It will be too late if I did not do something now.

Without thinking, I dashed across the road and pushed the man forward with all my might.

*************************************************

*Eunhyuk POV*

I was taken aback the moment I felt a hard push from the back.

I fell forward on the road due to the push, before I heard something collided behind, followed by a loud screeching sound.

I turned just in time to see a woman collasping in front of me, and the road was stained with blood within seconds.

*************************************************

 *Sang-hee POV*

Everything started to spin and I felt a sharp pain on my body, especially on my spine.

I was feeling awful, and it was even more terrible than the day my mother left me.

"Miss, are you okie? You alright?"

I heard a man asking me repeatedly, before shaking me gently.

I could only see his face vaguely, and he had a shade on him.

He seemed somehow familiar, but I could not make out who he was.

It was not long before I could no longer force open my eyelids.

I heard the ambulance siren some time later before I fell into complete darkness.

*************************************************