My Pathetic Life

Maybe We Are Meant To Be...

"Park Sang-hee!!!! Get your out and serve the customers!!! Stop hiding inside and watch that stupid video!!!!"

A loud voice shouted loudly from the outside just when I was deeply engrossed in the "Sorry Sorry" music video that was telecast on the TV.

It was not the first time I had seen it, but it still caught my attention, especially the part when he danced.

Wiping my hands on the apron I was wearing, I scrambled out from the kitchen quickly.

*************************************************

"Lazy lass!!! Don't think I don't know you were skiving inside!!! There is still a lot to do here!!!"

The scoldings continued as I started taking the dishes and placed them on the tray in the swiftest speed, before delivering them to the different customers in the store.

"I am not skiving...I am washing the plates inside..."

I grumbled to myself as I walked around to deliver the dishes.

"You little brat!!! How dare you talk back to me!!! Don't forget who is the one who feed you!! You will have starve to death if I did not take pity on you!!!!"

The lady in her late forties added on harshly before she stared at me with her dagger eyes.

Oh yes, it's a habit of her to remind me that for at least 10 times every day.

*************************************************

You may have thought that she is totally unrelated to me from the way she had been treating me.

But sadly to say, she is my maternal aunt.

My name is Park Sang-Hee and I am 22 this year.

My name means sun-light but there was not a day when I lived my life in light.

I had been working in this small ra-men store for at least 15 years I would say.

Wondering where my parents were?

I had never seen my father before but I heard that he had been going in and out of the jail for his entire life.

As for my mother, she ran away from home just when I turned seven, throwing me to her only sister.

I still remembered the day she took me out to celebrate my birthday, and it was also the last time I ever see her again.

Up till now, I still could not figure out what wrong I had done to let her have the heart to abandon her only child like an unwanted trash.

*************************************************

It was almost midnight before I finished washing the last plate in the kitchen.

The store had long been vacant at this hour.

Just then, my eyes caught the advertisement from the TV.

I could only see what it was showing as the volume had already been turned to nearly mute by my aunt before she went home.

Super Junior is going to have a kick-off concert here in Seoul soon.

I really wanted to see them in person, but I knew I could never afford the tickets.

I was never given any wages all these years after all.

As much as I had tried to save up from the tiny tips which I had gotton from a few kind-hearted customers, it was far from enough.

Actually, I had seen one of them in real life before.

He is also my bias in the group, Lee Eunhyuk. 

I admired him for his passion in dancing, and of course, he had been looking better every time I see him.

I caught him once when he came to our store a few years back, with his family I think.

He was not that famous yet at that time, and no one really recgonize him apart from me.

He did come here again much later, and it was just to take away as too many fans had already started crowding outside the store, waiting to catch a glimpse of him.

*************************************************

P/S: 1st chappie up finally....no Eunhyuk here yet....but no worries...he will be in the next chapter....comments pls...