Negotiation

Maybe We Are Meant To Be...

*Eunhyuk POV*

The iphone that I was holding in my hands nearly slipped onto the ground should I did not grab it a second earlier.

"Married?"

I mouthed to myself disbelievingly.

Had she been seeing someone?

I am sure I did not see anyone with her all this while.

Or maybe he always come when I was not around.

"What? Married with who?"

I could no longer hold back my curiousity and asked finally.

"I don't know..."

That was all I managed to catch from her.

*************************************************

*Sang-hee POV*

"Sang-hee arh!!! That absurb!! Totally ridiculous!! How could you agree to marry someone you had never met before?"

I heard Eunhyuk let out a huge sigh and shook his head repeatedly after hearing my story.

Aunt had given her promise and received the so-call dowry from the man who asked for my hand.

I heard that he is from overseas and is in currently in his mid forties now.

The marriage is going to take place two weeks later.

And I had to go back with him to whatever country he was from after the marriage.

That all I knew about my husband-to-be.

"I don't have a say in this...aunt had already made all the arrangement..."

I cried out in despair.

"And then? You are going to follow with it? This concerns your lifelong happiness...I cannot believe you are going to accept it just like this...."

He added on in the most annoying tone and ruffled his hair in frustration.

*************************************************

*Eunhyuk POV*

I could not believe a blind marriage still exist on this world, in this era.

That man is old enough to be her father.

And worst still, nobody knows about the character about this man.

He could be some sicko old man for god sake!!!

Just as I was wondering how I should help her, I thought I heard some soft sniffing coming from the side.

I got a shock when I see Sang-hee sobbing in silence.

"Pabo Lee Eunhyuk!!! People is vexed enough and you still shouted at her!!! I was not blaming her of course...but I just wished she could be stronger and fight for her own rights!!!"

I chided myself mentally.

"Sang-hee arh....I am sorry...I am not shouting at you....it's just that....just that you cannot marry this man without knowing anything about him....I don't feel safe leaving you with him..."

I said sincerely before I squatted down to face her, touching her arm gently to calm her down.

"Ouch!!!"

She wimped a little the moment I touched the side of her right arm.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

I asked in concern.

She just shook her head but I was not a bit convinced by her answer.

I folded her sleeves up a little and it proved to be yet another shock for me.

There was a big patch of redness on her forearm, and it was getting a little swollen by now.

 *************************************************

*Sang-hee POV*

Eunhyuk insisted of sending me to a clinic to dress up my wound.

I could see the helplessness he had in his eyes the moment I told him that I was scalded by the hot soup a few days ago while delivering the food.

He wanted to go back with me to have a talk with aunt, no matter how I tried to talk him out of it.

"This is call a while?"

I heard aunt's threatening voice the moment Eunhyuk pushed me back into the store.

"She is hurt and so I took her to a doctor..."

Eunhyuk explained, without a tint of fear in his voice.

"She will not die from such a small wound..."

Aunt added on sarcastically.

"Anyway..there is one more thing I need to have a talk with you...regarding the marriage..."

Eunhyuk contined as he pushed my wheelchair at one corner, before he took a seat beside me.

"What's there to talk about? Everything had been decided...and who the hell are you young lad? This got nothing to do with you..."

Aunt threw a sneer at him immediately.

"Alright...let me just get straight to the point...what can I do to make you give up on this marriage deal?"

Eunhyuk pointed out suddenly.

"Nothing...you can never offer the same kind of money he gave me....just look at her...we should be glad that someone is offering this kind of amount with the situation she is in now..."

Aunt added on.

"Tell me the amount then....once you get it...the deal is off..."

Eunhyuk negotiated.

"Eunhyuk..."

I called him and shook my head.

I could not let aunt take away his money.

She is not going to stop at this.

However, Eunhyuk just smiled at me warmly and gave a little squeeze at my hands.

"You are willing to do this for her?"

Aunt gave a chuckle and shook her head disbelievingly.

She scratched her head, thinking hard when Eunhyuk did not reply any further.

"I want twice the amount he offered me..."

Aunt asked shamelessly.

 *************************************************