Growing Closer - Edited

Maybe We Are Meant To Be...

*Sang-hee POV*

I never expect Eunhyuk to honour his words.

I mean I trusted him as a person of course, but with his heavy schedules, I doubt he will have the time to come for my therepy sessions even though he had wanted to.

However, he proved me wrong.

He had been coming without fail for the past few weeks already.

He would change my appointments on the days he could not make it, even though I had assured him that I will be fine on my own.

As such, my therapy sessions would mostly be late at nights, usually after he had finished all his schedules.

The initial awkwardness with him had been slowly removed as well with each passing day.

My heart still beat rapidly whenever he was close to me, but then, we had more conversations as compared to the first few days.

He would shared how his days were whenever he visited me, and he knew about the darkness secret of my life too.

I had never expect myself to grow so close with a man before, but then he made me feel at ease with his presence.

*************************************************

*Sang-hee POV*

The days doing the therepy sessions were of no joke.

It was tough, especially when I had to use my arm strengths to support my entire body.

As brave as I might seem to be, I am still a girl after all.

I cried a few times after the sessions, especially when both of my palms were hurting from the blisters as a result of the therapy.

Eunhyuk had been my side cheering me up all these times, and sometimes I wished that I did not have to let him see the vulnerable side of me.

However, I do not deny the fact that his presence made me feel a lot of stronger somehow.

*************************************************

*Sang-hee POV*

I was beginning to look forward to the night as the day passed by.

Because, it was the only time I could get to see him.

I would miss him dearly whenever he shifted the appointment at the last minute, mostly due to his sudden delay in schedules.

I would feel restless and bored during the day time, but I would started to perk up whenever I heard the familiar footsteps coming towards my ward.

"Surprise!!!!"

I heard a familiar voice and my head looked in front at once.

"Why are you here? The nurse told me that the session is shifted to tomorrow..."

I asked curiously at the sight of him.

"Don't you wish to see me? It's sad to hear that..."

His cheeky face frowned immediately after my words.

"Of course not...I am just wondering..."

I chuckled at his face and replied.

"We ended earlier than expected, so here I come...and look what I had got you?"

He explained before he pulled out something from the bag he was holding.

"Strawberry shortcake?"

I beamed in delight at the delicious small cake that was looking at me temptingly.

"Come on...quickly finish before the nurse come in and take it away..."

He urged and removed the cover for me, before passing the fork to me.

"Huh? That means I still need to go for the session later? My hands are still hurting from the last round..."

I complained as I bit on the fork gently, looking at the cake that was placed on the table.

"Aww really? Let me take a look at your hands..."

He said and pulled my hands gently towards him.

"Oh yea....it's still so sore....stupid blisters...!!!"

He frowned and shouted towards my hands.

"You are so funny..."

I bursted out laughing at the sight of him at once.

"Hey...how could you laugh at me? I am doing this for you!!!!"

He pouted childishly.

"Yea...yea...I know...thank you so much...will this do?"

I tried to hold back my laughter and replied.

"That's better...but don't worry...with my mighty handkerchief...your hands will be healed soon.."

He said proudly and pulled out a small towel from his side pocket, before he wrapped it around my right hand gently, which was the more severely "injured" one as compared to the left.

He always had a way to make things seemed better for me.

"So are you still eating your cake, if not I am eating it..."

He threatened and looked at the cake dangerously.

"Of course I am...don't even think about it..."

I said quickly, leading him to let out a big chuckle.

*************************************************

*Sang-hee POV*

"Can you shift onto the wheelchair yourself?"

The nurse asked as she pushed the wheelchair closer to the bed some time later.

Nodding my head, I pulled off the cover and sat up slightly.

"Let me help you..."

Eunhyuk offered.

"No, it's okay...I can do it myself..."

I replied and tried to shift slowly.

"It's going to take you ages...come on...here we go..."

Without warning, he had already scooped me up from the bed in a bridal style.

My heart literally stopped beating at the closeness our faces were now.

His side view was even more charming than before and we were so close that I could even smell the aftershave on him.

The smell was addicting, and I was completely lost in the scent for a while.

"Sang-hee....your boyfriend is really good to you..."

The nurse said smilingly after I was seated nicely in the wheelchair.

Her words brought me back to reality at once.

"Does we look good together?"

I heard Eunhyuk asking and placed his face beside me even before I could say anything.

"Of course...a match made in heaven.."

The elderly nurse added on kindly.

At this moment, I could feel my face heating up profusely.

"Aww...your lady is blushing already..."

I heard the nurse chuckling softly, before Eunhyuk as well.

"No...I am not..."

I shook my head and muttered softly without looking at the both of them.

It was kinda embarassing for me to blush, even though I knew they were just joking.

"Alright alright....stop teasing you...let's go now..."

Eunhyuk said and pushed me out of the ward shortly after.

*************************************************