Chapter 7

Runaway Idol

I woke up to another beautiful morning. I stood up and stretched my arms with a sigh. It was not a 'OMG I'm so depressed. The world is gonna end soon' kind of sigh but more of a 'I'm finally seeing my boyfriend and he does not know that it's me who he's talking to. Yay. Such happines.' Yes, that was sarcasm. But I meant every word. I was happy that I finally got to see JongIn. But it wasn't such a good thing since I can't bring up anything that happened between us in the past. And believe me, we had a lot of moments.

 

"Shinae!!" JongIn called. It was already 2:00 in the morning. I just finished practice. I know, it's late. I was already on my way home with my unnies when JongIn called. He was just outside the company doors. "I'm sorry I didn't get in. The guard said that no one was allowed to go in after 12:30." He said as he scratched his head. 

 

"Pabo! Why are you still here? You should've just gone home. It's late." I said giving his arm a light punch. 

 

"Yah! Shinae! Are you coming or not? It's late and if you can't notice, the group is tired. So can you please hurry up?" Our leader stated and lead the other members to the car. 

 

"Just go on ahead unnie." I said. Without second thoughts, she closed the door of the car and sped away. Yup, nothing out of the ordinary there. "You didn't answer my question, JongIn." I said as I turned around to look at JongIn. As usual, he gave me an awkward laugh.

 

"Well, I wanted to see you. We've been busy and I haven't seen you for a month. I really missed you so I thought I'd use my free time to fetch you from practice and walk with you home." He said as he scratched his head, again.

 

"Aigoo, you should be sleeping right now." I said as I walked towards him. "And look at those bags under your eyes. they've gotten darker. You should be resting now." I said and cupped his face. 

 

He gave a genuine smile and pecked my lips. "I already got some sleep earlier today." He said.

 

"Let me guess, you slept at practice today, didn't you?" I said and crossed my arms. 

 

"What? Me?..Psh, N-no. W-why would I even do that? Pshhhhh.." He dragged on. I just gave him that stern look that made him admit everything. "But it wasn't my fault! The choreographer was boring and he wasn't giving me any attention. I was just sitting there while he taught the others. What was I supposed to do? Just watch them and waste my time? I slept so that I could see you and..." He ranted. I just laughed as he did. "Why are you laughing? Are you laughing at me?" He asked while I giggled unstopping. 

 

"Haha! Yeah, I'm laughing at you." I said and hugged him. "I missed you JongIn."

 

A soft and gentle smile found its way to his face. He just hugged back ridding the awkward atmosphere between us. "I missed you too, Shinae. You have no idea how much I did." 

 

We spent a whole minute just standing like that. This moment was precious, priceless. Neither of us dared to move. Neither one of us broke apart. We longed for each other's presence. A whole month of not seeing each other was bad, no wait, HORRIBLE! (a/n: Oh looky, this sentence reminded me of my one-shot, drabble, story thingy .__.)

 

That was just one of our moments. I combed my hair after taking a nice long shower. I went down the stairs to find Ahjumma sleeping on the couch. Great, another flashback. 

 

We're in Star King. Well, to be exact, one of their dressing rooms. Exo K was just beside us. My make up was already done, wardrobe too. I was wearing simple skinnies with a flowy, silver tank top with silver sequins. Yay! Shiny. My hair was in a tight ponytail with my long hair that reached past my shoulders. While my unnies were being annoying as usual, I decided to saunter off and visit JongIn. 

 

I walked out of our dressing room without anyone actually noticing my departure. I strutted to the door beside ours and knocked. A muffled chorus of "Come in!" Was heard. And I happily obliged.

 

"Oh, Shinae-yah! Welcome to Exo-K's dressing room!" Chanyeol called and sauntered to me with an attempt to lift me up. 

 

"Hey, don't touch the dress. These have sequins in it. Do you want to go on stage with a bunch of sequins on your clothes?" I said and chuckled at him.

 

"Alright, fine." He said and scoffed. A little poke from me sent his smile back up and running again. 

 

"Shinae-yah. Shouldn't you be with your unnie's?" Suho asked. 

 

"I was there. But then I got wardrobe and make-up done and now I am overly bored and--"

 

"They annoyed you again, didn't they?" Suho stated and gave a sigh. "You can stay here, Shinae-yah." He said then gave a small smile. 

 

"Uhm...where's JongIn by the way?" I asked searching the room. He wasn't getting fixed by their coordi noonas so his make up must be done. Simultaenously, they all pointed to the couch. The couch was covered with a bunch of JongIn. 

 

His arms were around the couch, yes, the couch. And his legs were dangling. I just chuckled. I can't believe I'm in love with this guy. 

 

I gave out a small laugh as the other members went back to their own little worlds. I walked to JongIn and sat on the edge of the bed. Man, JongIn must've really stayed up all night. 

 

"JongIn. Wake up." I called but was ignored. I tried again, this time touching his face. 

 

Then all of a sudden, his hand snatched mine and yanked me to him. He embraced me and forced me down.

 

"I don't wanna wake up yet." He mumbled still hugging me. "I'll just take a nap." He said as he yawned and went off to la la land, again. I tried to stand up so that I could sit on him or something but his hands wouldn't budge. 

 

"JongIn--"

 

"Don't even think about asking me to let you go cause I won't do it." He said tightening his grip around my hands. 

 

We spent the whole preparation like that, eventually, getting up to do the show. But we would've stayed like that forever if we could. 

 

I went off to work. The nights went by with JongIn always going to the cafe. There was not a night that he didn't come just to get the coffee. But there was this one time that Ahjumma wanted to serve him the coffee so I was forced to do the dishes while they talked. It seemed as though JongIn really opened up to the woman. But after that, Ahjumma stepped back whenever JongIn came. And JongIn didn't mind. He didn't look for Ahjumma anymore. I guess she explained why I was hired. You know, for he and Ahjushi to be able to rest and stuff. 

 

The rest of the day was usual. Nothing really our of the ordinary. The regular customers came. The elders were there too, sometimes talking to my employers. And JongIn came too. I did the coffee that Ahjumma said I should make. 

 

"It's not bad" JongIn commented playfully. 

 

"Hey! I worked hard on that! Plus, it's my first time making it so cut me some slack!" I said and lightly punched his arm.

 

"Alright. Alright." He said as he rubbed his arm. "You're gonna come to the concert, right?" He asked out of the blue. Should I go?

 

"Yep, I will." I said. I swear, I saw his eyes light up.

 

"Alright then! You have a ride?" He asked enthusiastically.

 

"Erm...I know where it is. So, I can go there on my own." I said with a smile. "It's no biggie, I can handle myself." I said reassuringly.

 

"Alright then." He sighed and looked at his watch. "I gotta go. Manager hyung will be mad at me for staying out 'too' late." He added. I just chuckled.  If 12:00 in the morning is not late then what is? 1:00? 

 

He left and said a little comment, "Thanks for the coffee. Somehow, you make me feel better".

 

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

 

YAY! UPDATE!! I have been writing this at like 9:00 and I still haven't done my homework...nyahaha xD. 

 

Anyways, did chu guys see the banner? YEA! It was made by JumgJumg <~~omg, i love you soo much. thank you soo much. Let me love you foreverr!! *glomps*

 

So just some highlights on the story....I decided to put in some moments of ShinxKai since..well...because I wanted to. And because YOLO :P 

 

If you noticed the last sentence. "make" wasn't in past tense. It was in present. Get the picture? Nyahaha xD If you really look at it, there are double meanings xDD

 

Anyways, comment, subscribe, I WILL LOVE YOU!! :D And don't be scared of me, I don't bite. But I do glomp and chase people around .__.