Chapter 13

Runaway Idol

*sigh* Another day. I got up from my bed and opened the curtains. A small part of me is happy that once again, I woke up to a beautiful morning. But then another small part of me said, "What are you still doing here? Do you not realize that you miss that star of a boyfriend you have?" Well, yes, I do realize that. But I've already went too far to even go back. I've gone deep and it would be hard to go back up if I tried. 

 

I did the usual routine. I went to the bathroom and took a bath. I wore another set of fresh clothes and fixed my hair and put on a little bit of powder and eyeliner. Then went to down to go out. 

 

"Hey...who was that guy last night?" Ahjumma asked and pulled me back to the apartment. "And why was he half ? Were you two busy before I came in?" She asked and wiggled her brows. Aish, this woman. 

 

"He is...a friend of mine Ahjumma." I explained and looked down. I could not bear say those and words and make it look like I'm telling the truth. "He just needed a place to stay for the night so I let him sleep in last night." I added. "Nothing is going on between us." Oh, how I hated saying that.

 

"Oh, well, that's too bad. I thought you were together or something." She said then shrugged. "I saw the way he looked at you. It was the same way my husband used to look at me." She said with a gentle smile and looked up. 

 

Her husband passed away last year. She's taking it pretty well. She isn't like the other people that still cry about it and rant about how much they needed to be with the person they love and just end up doing suicide. I guess she moved on and chose not to let it affect her. Sometimes, I can see her sad smiles but I wouldn't blame her. Based on their pictures together, they really loved each other. They were happy and content with just the company of each other. They didn't need anything else, just one another. 

 

"You should get going. You're gonna be late. Bring home some fresh kimbap before you go home, okay?" She said with another gentle smile slowly shoving me out of the apartment. She was probably going to cry for a bit then will go and do the things she needed to. I wonder what look she was talking about. What did it look like? Cause I certainly am not sure whatever look it is she's talking about.

 

I sauntered back to the cafe I work on and passed by some men who were probably drunk early in the morning. Either that or they have hang-overs.

 

I passed through a charms shop and was caught in the hand by an old woman. "You have problems in life, family, love, and financial, eh? And that they're all connected?" The old woman asked me. Yep, that was completely correct. "Here, is a bracelet to help you rid of your problems." She explained. "The gem here represents balance, the red one represents love, and the white gems represents health." She said as she pointed the different gems in the bracelet. 

 

"Please, I don't have any money. I don't plan on buying anything." I tried reasoning. I mean, she did just pull me out of nowhere.

 

"But that's just it. I'm giving it to you." She said and put her fingers in front of my face. Like, infront.  "Just receive it as a gift. Oh! And take this as well." She said and reached for another bracelet. She handed it to me then said, "Give this to the other person you'd be meeting today." then, she wiggled her eyebrows. 

 

"Are you sure? It's for free?" I asked. It doesn't hurt to ask, does it?

 

"Yes, it's for free." She said then walked away. Just then, I noticed the colors of the bracelet. The one I was wearing was pink and the one that'll be given to 'that guy', was blue. Oh, so it was a couple bracelet. Hmmm...

 

"Choose your choice wisely. For it will determine what your future might be.." The old lady said then walked away. 

 

I continued walking to the cafe. It's not like I believed the old lady but I can hope, too. I mean, I wouldn't lose anything if I did. So I continued walking and reached the coffee shop, staring at my new braclet and the other that came with it.

 

Slow day...bla bla bla. Then, as usual, JongIn came late. To me, he looked different that day. I don't know if it was his hair or something but something really looked different about  him. I tried to notice his whole body. Eventually, I found the problem. 

 

"Hey, what's that on your wrist?" I asked JongIn. It was the exact same blue bracelet, like the one the Ahjumma gave me from the market stall.

 

"Oh, this?" He said and held it up. "An ahjumma from the market pulled me and gave me this. She also asked me to keep another pink bracelet and said that I should give it to the one who has the exact same bracelet--oh wait. IT'S YOU!" He said then jumped around. 

 

He gave me the bracelet then said, "Here you go then!" I drawed out the the bracelet that was supposed to be for him and silently put it infront of him. He stared at it then stated, "That's like my bracelet!" -___- Why do you think I'm giving it to you, JongIn?

 

We just stared at each other in silence. "Such a big coincidence that we have the same bracelets, no?" JongIn suddenly said. 

 

"Yeah. Such a big coincidence." I agree.

 

"There are no coincidences in this world, darling." A voice rang in my head.

 

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~~OO~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O

 

Another crappy chappie, I think. Just tell me what you think, okay? Sorry for le typos, I was tired >.<

I'm sorry if it doesn't make any sense. Don't worry, I'll edit it tomorrow so Never Fear! Admin Cat is here! *superficial entrance*

I love you guyssssssss :D