Chapter 22

Runaway Idol

I finished my business with my choreographer at around 12:00 a.m. JongIn already went away. I don't know where but he left so I'm guessing he went home. 

 

I walked away from the studio after I bid my farewell for the mean time to my choreographer. Of course, I couldn't help but dance with him for a few hours. Seeing as to that I haven't been able to dance for a long time, you could say that I missed being able to dance to songs. 

 

I walked out of S.M.E. and noticed a faint figure sitting by the flower box. The same mop of hair that greeted me whenever I went home late. 

 

"What are you still doing here, JongIn?" I asked and walked to him. It's not like I didn't before. It just reminded me of our memories.

 

"I wanted to see you. I wanted to have a normal conversation with you after all this..time." He trailed off. 

 

"Shouldn't you be home by now? You left earlier today didn't you?" I asked as he started to get up and walk with me. 

 

"I did." He said and looked at me. "But knowing you, you'd go home late...alone. So I thought I'd wait for you and walk you home." He said. 

 

"Psh." I scoffed then walked further. 

 

He groaned then pulled my hand facing him. "There you go again with you being cold to me, Shinae!" He yelled. 

 

"I have never ever been cold to you, JongIn." I yelled back. It's true. I've never been cold to him. Yunhwa was, very. "You might've mistaken me for another person who's so cold to you."

 

"Oh yeah? Like how 'that person' keeps on going home late because of me and my constant visit to the cafe she works at?" He snapped.

 

"Yes! Exactly that JongIn!. Exactly like that!" I replied. 

 

"Shinae, don't you think that I might know that you and Yunhwa might be one person?!" He yelled. Oh &^#%.

 

"Wh-what? Who's Yunhwa? I mean--what?" I stuttered completely taken aback. 

 

"You see?! That's the exact same way Yunhwa stutters." He said as his hands flew in the air. "And your hair is the exact same color, and your eyes have the exact same color, and your nose just as perfect..." he trailed off. Then, he lifted my arms, "And this bracelet. This is the exact same bracelet that I got for Yunhwa." he said and raised his own wrists to show his own blue bracelets. Snap. "Where did you get this bracelet, Shinae? Where?" He pressed. 

 

I couldn't speak. I couldn't tell him where I got this. If I did, he'd know that I really was Yunhwa. Then again, he already knew. There's nothing I could really do anymore. The stupid bracelet gave it all away. How can I be so stupid not to take it off?

 

"See? You can't even defend yourself. Just admit it, you and Yunhwa are just one person. I was right all along!" He exclaimed. Wait--he was right?

 

"Wh-what do you mean you're right?" I asked with my face agape.

 

"You think I'd forget the face I'd have trouble talking to for the past years?" He said then brushed his fingers against my cheek. "And do you think I'd forget how embarassed I was when I asked you out the first time and my hyungs were teasing me?" He chuckled.

 

"B-but, If you knew then why didn't you say anything?" I asked. He knew all this time but he didn't even speak about it. He treated me like I was a new person to him. "You knew-- yet you didn't even say my name. You didn't even mention it. Why?"

 

"I don't know" He admitted as his hands fell to his sides. "I just went along. I don't know why you did it so I just went along. And Yunhwa and Shinae were different people. Yunhwa was  a shy one and you were--" He paused. Then chuckled. "you were something else. But I saw through it. I saw through it all." He said then held my hands. "The way you looked when the sun was blinding you, the was you squint your eyes, the way you run your hands through your hair, the way you fan yourself when you're hot, the way you put your head on your left hand when you're bored, the way you puff your cheeks when you're hungry..." he trailed off. 

 

"How do you know so much about me?" I asked. I know that might be pretty stupid to ask him that but I never knew that he knew so much about me. 

 

He chuckled. "Shinae, you're my girlfriend. Before I had the guts to actually talk to you, I spied on you--" Spied?! "Wait, that came out wrong." 

 

Now, I was the one who gave out a chuckle. "Spied? You watched my every move?" 

 

"Yeah. I guess I was kind of a stalker before." He chuckled and scratched his head. I gave him a look. "Okay. I was a lot like a stalker." He agreed. 

 

We continued to walk. This is how fast we get over things. I got over the fact that he knew I lied to him and he got over the fact that I tricked him. Okay. So the stigma was really hard on me. 

 

I explained why I did so, with the drama and everything. He seemed to agree with me that my unnies were just a bunch of little bishes. 

 

"What do you plan on doing now? You can't live with your unnies. I'd take you to the dorm but I'm afraid manager might scold us," He worried. 

 

"I've got it all planned out." I said and turned to face him. "I'll quit the group." I said matter-of-factly.

 

"You can't just quit the group!" JongIn said. "You can't leave the music industry."

 

"I'm quitting the group no matter what. Nothing will change that." I said. "And I'm not leaving SooMan, don't worry." I added with a smile. 

 

"But how--?"

 

"I'm going solo."

 

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

 

okay. so. update. yeah. YAY!

 

I CANNOT BELIEVE I HAVE REACHED 22 CHAPPIES DRFGHJKIUYTFGVBNKJ THIS IS LIKE SO FGHBJKJIUYTGFHBN AND I AM SO VGHBJUHYGBUHIYBGIH

 

It hurts me to say this but the next chapter is the final chapter T.T 

 

But be sure to subscribe to my other stories ohkai? T.T

 

I wanna say thanks to those who commented and urged me to keep continuing this fic. 

 

louhsha

 

JumgJumg

 

Crayon_

 

siyeon

 

ikazalikha

 

KibummieWaifu

 

BBiOixDN

 

min_rae

 

Skulls

 

I love you guys. Seriously. I really do. 

 

I'll miss you.