Chapter 18

Runaway Idol

I packed my bags and got ready to leave. I know I'll miss this place. Especially Ahjumma who's been so nice to me ever since I went here a mess. Well, technically not a mess since I was wearing my dress and I was still wearing make-up. By mess I meant that a mess inside. I didn't know what to do with my life and my mind was set to just running away. 

 

I picked up my luggage and walked to the door. I know that it was only for a long time and I didn't even spend half of my days here. I just slept here then woke up. I didn't even clean it that much cause I didn't have the time. I sighed opened the door. Just as I stepped outside I looked back and took one more glance at my used-to-be temporary home and walked to the stairs and down.

 

"Are you sure you're gonna go back?" Ahjumma tried. "You've been gone for a while. How are you so sure they're going to take you back?" She added gaining a look from me. "Not that way! You've told me that your unnies were spoiled and they might start bullying you and stuff." She quickly coutered. 

 

I let out a chuckle. How nice of Ahjumma to remember that. "I'm sure I'll manage." I said and gave Ahjumma a little smile. Somehow, I knew that she was always going to be there when I needed her. I don't know why but I'm sure I can always run to her whenever I needed a place to stay. 

 

I picked up my luggage and again and went for the main door. I walked out of it with Ahjumma trailing beside me. A few words of advise: "Don't let them get you down", "Don't forget to clean your room", "Show them what you got". Then with a hug, I left the apartment that took me in for the time my foolishness took me over. 

 

I walked to the cafe I worked. To be honest, I didn't know if this was the correct way of resigning. Ahjumma and Ahjussi have been so nice to me and this is how I repay them? I don't think it's a fair share. It's not fair, not to me, but to them. I think they might give me my salary even if I'm the one who quit. No. I promise I won't accept whatever it is that they'd give me. 

 

After a few minutes of walking I finally reached the cafe. But not before being interviewed by my usual customers. 

 

"What's up with the luggage?"

 

"Hey, where you going?"

 

"Can I go with you to the cafe?"

 

"What are you doing, Yunhwa?"

 

Usually, I'd nod and put my hand up. But today, I felt so down that I didn't face them. I wasn't down because of the reason why I'm going back. I'll miss both Ahumma's, Ahjussi, my customers, the old people who had enough patience as to bear with me (and my lack of skill in brewing coffee). Somehow, they made my stay here better than what I imagined. 

 

I made it to the cafe and opened the door with the little chime that went off whenever someone entered. Just then, Ahjumma turned around and saw me and my luggage. 

 

"Dear, where are you going?" She automatically asked and went towards me. "You're leaving, aren't you?" She guessed. It was pretty obvious that I'll be leaving. Maybe she just didn't want to face the truth yet. 

 

"Yes, Ahjumma. I'm leaving." I said and looked down. "I just came to form a formal resignation." I added.

 

I expected her to say "Fine" and turn her back on me and make me leave. But this woman was full of surprises. Instead, she hugged me and patted my back. 

 

"Dear, I hope you know what you're doing." She said and let me go. "Know what you really want, okay?" She said with a gentle smile. 

 

This was one of the reasons why I was sad to leave. -__- It seems as though I've never been happy *sweatdrop*. But could you blame me? They were all so nice to me even if I was the little girl who just thought she could live off on her own without drama following her. 

 

"I will, Ahjumma. Thank you for, somehow, coping with me." I said then bowed.

 

"It's no problem dear. Just promise me you'd make the right choice from now on." She said as I nodded and left the cafe. I didn't say goodbye cause this won't be the last time I'd see her, I know it. 

 

I walked to the bus stop. People were starting to whisper things. Maybe they were recognizing me. My hair got longer, just a few inches from my old hair. Maybe I was being obvious. 

 

I took a seat in the back. I don't really care if they start coming up to me. I was used to it. Before, random people went up to me. I guess I didn't mind having an invaded privacy anymore. 

 

After a few hours, I finally arrived in Seoul. This place, this was where the fans gobbled me. They might not have known that I cut my hair, but they recognized my face. Why didn't they recognize me before when I went here? *facepalm*

 

I made my way to our dorm. I walked to the front desk to ask for help since my luggage was heavy and our dorm was high at the top. 

 

"Yeah. I'm back. Mind helping me with my luggage? I need to go up." I said coolly to the person in the front desk as she stared at me. "Thanks." I said and left her agape.

 

I stepped into the elevator. I still remembered our floor. And when I got ther, I got off and walked inside our door. Psh, stupid unnies. Not even bothering to change the keypass. 

 

They were all in the living room, watching their performance. Psh, conceited. 

 

"Hey Unnies! Guess who's back!" I shouted as I rounded into our living room and all of their jaws dropped. 

 

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O

 

HEEEEEEEEYY! I'm sorry for not updating yesterday! I'm at my cousins and *pants* I didn't have the chance to use their laptop and *pants* my ex is pressuring me and *pants* I'm sorry *faints*

 

Seriously, I'm at my cousins and my ex and drama and I hate it -__-. I'm sorry for not being to update. I hope this makes up for it :D

 

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :D