Chapter 5

Runaway Idol

Kai's P.O.V.

 

*sigh* You know, people think that I'm awkward...which is true. Out of all my hyungs (and Sehun) I'm the most awkward one when it comes to girls. Even when it comes to me and Shinae's moments. I'm not the ideal type of boyfriend. I forget things, I'm clueless, and more. I don't even know why Shinae put up with me. Sometimes I wonder if Shinae was forced to be with me. Then again, she never really did like getting forced to do something she didn't want to do. That was one thing I admired from her. *laughs* She even stood up to Mr. SooMan once. 

 

"Shinae, you know our policies. You are not allowed to date beca--"

 

"With all due respect Sir" She said with attitude. "I don't care what your policies say. What if I told you to split with the person you love since you are, well, famous after all. And various people know who you are. Would you do it? Why would you even restrain a person from loving someone? Isn't that, like, a sin?" She added. Man, this girl is amazing....

 

"I'm not saying I'm forbidding you from dating JongIn. I'm simply stating that--"

 

"Then it's settled. We..." She said gesturing to me and her "have your permission in dating. We are permitted to date inside the company."

 

"Fine, fine! But you are not to tell the fans that you are together. Once they find out that you are together I will personally fire you." Mr. Sooman threatened. Shinae just replied a satisfied grin and pulled me away from Mr. Sooman's office. When I turned around, Mr. Sooman was rubbing his temples then mouthed pretty much to himself, "Aish, that girl."

 

It was late, like really. But it's not like I never went out this late before. I needed something to help me stay awake at night. Or maybe just something to calm down my nerves. Well, my nerves were already calm. Receiving that text from Shinae, you could say that I was relieved. At least, now I know she's safe...wherever she is.

 

I walked into this cafe, clutching my shirt. The shirt that Shinae gave me. Ever since I tried looking for her when she left (which I know is a dumb and stupid idea) and got lost in some part of the night, I ended up here. The old lady who runs this was amazing. The moment I came in, she knew exactly what was wrong and automatically gave me the coffee I needed. It wasn't too strong nor too mild. It was something that calmed me. Then while I was drinking the coffee she made, I suddenly felt open. Like I could tell her everything (except for the part that me and Shinae was dating. That would be bad) and know that she wouldn't judge me. When the night ended, I realized that I shared everything to that lady but didn't have that regret. That regret you're supposed to have when you tell your secrets to someone you just met overnight. 

 

"Ahjumma! I'm back! Please, give me the usual. And make it extra delicious for me tonight." I yelled. *laughs* Well, Ahjumma knows when it's me who comes. She usually has it ready for me to drink since I come here every night. 

 

I walked to the counter and sat to be met by a new girl. She had short hair. But her face...it was familiar. I didn't want to be rude by asking her who she was. I just presumed she was new since I never saw her here. I decided to be a gentleman and introduce myself.

 

"Oh, you're new. Hello, I'm Kai. Do you know who I am?" I asked. 

 

"Y-yes. I'm new. And yes, I-I know who you a-are." She stuttered. Is she a fan or--? "Wh-what can I get you, s-sir?" Yep, this girl is a fan. A very shy one too. Usually, fans of ours would glomp me and ask to take a picture and my autograph or they'd faint. This girl--did neither.

 

"Erm...well, I'll just have regular coffee since you're new." I smiled. I didn't want to look rude and tell her my preferences. She, again, stuttered an "okay" and went off to get my coffee.

 

I looked around the shop. I peeked through the back to find no one. Hmm...Ahjumma must be sleeping. She must have hired her, this girl, so she can rest. 

 

The girl came back with my coffee. "I-if you don't mind me asking," She asked then coughed. "Why are you drinking coffee this late?". Somehow. this question seemed familiar. It was the one Ahjumma asked me when I first came here. 

 

I just laughed. It won't hurt to tell her what happened to me. I just won't give Shinae's name. "I do this everynight since the girl I love left." I said then notice her pupils dilate.  "I stay up all night to wait for her. A text, a call, a page, a memo, anything. And I just received a text from her earlier today. I'm hoping she'd send me another tonight." I continued. Here I was, again, pouring out my feelings. 

 

"Wow, you must be a nice boyfriend" She commented. *sigh* Am I really? If I was, I would've stopped her from leaving. Then again, if going away would make her happy then I shouldn't hold her back. 

 

I just sighed. "I don't know......" I really didn't know. What if she just went away to avoid me? What if she couldn't say those exact words? Let's break up. And I let her do it.

 

"She didn't break up with you officially right?" She said, not stuttering anymore. Not even her voice faltered. Wait, where did that little fangirl inside her went?

 

"Well, no...but..."

 

"Then you should trust her. Whatever her decision was, maybe it was for the best. If she's said she's gonna come back then she's gonna come back." She stated. Wait a minute, I never said anything about what Shinae said. The only people in her apartment when she left was me and her. She couldn't possibly know that Shinae said she was gonna come back. Unless... 

 

"You...seem...familiar. Do I know you?" I asked. I didn't care if she thought I was rude. I need to know. This girl has the same confidence level, looks, sassy remarks, everything. I just need evidence. 

 

"What? Me? A low and poor being? Known by a rich and famous person like you? I-I don't think so." She stuttered. *sigh* Shinae doesn't stutter. Yui does but not Shinae. But then again, Yui and Shinae are one person. 

 

"But, you seem reeeeeeeally familiar. Have you been to one of our concerts once?" I pressed. If this was really Shinae, she would say yes. She's been to a lot of concerts before. And she can't bear lying. Not even to a stranger.

 

"W-what? I-I've never been into anyone's concert before. I hear they're fun?" She said. I still don't believe her. Call it being judgemental, I don't care. The girl I love is out here somewhere and there's this one in a million chance that this is her. I'll take that chance.

 

I need to know if she's Shinae. I should bring her to one of our showcases and see her reaction. If she refuses then she's Shinae. If she accepts...we'll see.

 

"Yeah, they are. Hey, wanna go to one of our showcases? It's really fun." I said and gave her the tickets. Not really giving her much of a choice. "I'll even give you a backstage pass so you wouldn't get trampled by the fans." If she's really Shinae, she's gonna shove these in my face and say a big, flat "NO"

 

"Okay, I'll be there." She said as she took the tickets. Alright then, lady, you're up for some serious tests. 

 

"Awesome! I'll be waiting for you there, alright?" I said with a grin and turned around. "I'll wait for you there, okay?" I reminded then ran away and tripped on my own foot. Dang it!

 

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O

 

I am sooooooooooooo sorry for the late upload of this starreh guys. I just got home from school and there are these things I needed to do and *pants* I needed to fix the office and hang the bulletin board and *pants* I'm sorry for writing another crappy chapter *faints*

 

But seriously, I'm sorry for the late upload. I just got home and had to do stuff from school. I don't know what's going on with me, seriously. Can you please tell me guys if the chapter is crappy  a flush down the toilet  making me want to go hide in a sewer  so bad that my vomit wants to vomit not as good as the others? Thank youu! And hey, I appreciate comments so much. I love them to death. I'll even mention you in my updates if you comment ^_^

 

Shoutout to http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/167871 a.k.a. Skulls for the second person to comment. Saranghabnidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <3