Chapter 3

Runaway Idol

Kai's P.O.V.

 

Well, this is nice *sarcasm*. How awesome is it to lose your girlfriend? Yep, so totally not awesome. Before she went missing, she'd always stay in a corner while her group-mates go all lovey-dovey on my hyungs. I don't even understand why they do that. 

 

Don't misinterpret, I miss Shinae. I do. I miss my girlfriend so much and my hyungs see that. I try my best, though. I try my best in trying to make it look like it's not affecting me. But everytime I do, I feel tears b my eyes. When that happens, I just stop the facade and let the tears fall down. I'd just walk off to my room, put my face in my hands, and sulk. I know, I sound like a girl but I really couldn't help it. When someone as amazing as Shinae comes into your life, you wouldn't want her to leave. 

 

"Hey, JongIn. You alright?" Suho asked. I didn't even realize it but tears were already falling down. "Don't cry. She'll turn up soon. The police will find her." He said trying to comfort me. "Besides, you'll ruin your make-up and make our coordi noona upset." He said trying to lighten the mood. I couldn't help but chuckle. But she wasn't kidnapped. She wasn't taken for ransom. She ran away. 

 

Why is she packing her bags? Where is she gonna go? I don't see her unnies packing to leave. 

 

"Hey, Shinae, where are you going?" I asked. She froze. 

 

"I'm going away." She simply said as she continued to pack. 

 

"Where will you go? Are you on Hiatus?" I asked. If she's on hiatus, her unnies must be too. But, I don't see their leader acting like she's on hiatus. 

 

"Yeah. I'll be on hiatus....a long one." She said as she walked towards me. "I'm sorry JongIn. I just--please don't tell anyone I'm leaving." She added as she looked at me with pleading eyes. 

 

"What? Are you leaving me?" I asked putting my arms around her. No way I'm gonna let this girl go. 

 

"I'm not leaving you. I never will. I'll just be gone for...a while." She said as she hugged back.

 

"Promise me you'll come back." I asked. I don't know what's going on. All I know is that Shinae is leaving for I don't know how long and what reason. I wouldn't dare ask. Whatever her reason was, it was big. 

 

"I will. I'll come back." She said as she pulled away and went to get her things. "Bye JongIn" She said as she walked away from their dorm. From me. 

 

Great, out of all the days I could remember the time she left, it was today. The day we're on MCountdown.

 

"Yah! JongIn! Why do you keep ruining your make-up?" Our coordi noona shouted angrily. Then when she saw I was crying, her face automatically softened. "JongIn, don't let this take over your performance, okay? They'll find her, don't worry. She'll be back before you could even say 'Mama' ". She said as she dried my tears then fixed my make-up. 

 

I walked to the stage, we were performing Mama again. As usual, I didn't let it affect my performance. Then I remembered what coordi noona said. "She'll be back before you could even say 'Mama' ". Noona, I've said Mama at least a dozen times in the song. Why is she not back yet?

 

We finished the song and walked back to our dressing room. I was, again, in the back. Shinae, Noona said you'll be back before I say Mama. Why aren't you here yet? I was desperate. I needed to believe anything I could believe...even if I know it's never gonna come true. 

 

I sat on our couch. I stared on the floor, unmoving. I couldn't move. I don't know if I was tired from my dancing and that my waist hurts, or if it's just my depression kicking in again. I didn't intend to move. I didn't plan on celebrating with my hyungs for another job well done. I sat on the couch, then I felt my phone vibrate. I opened it and saw it was from an unknown number. 

 

 

Hey JongIn, it's me, Shinae.

 

Saw you on MCountdown today. You were astonishingly good as always. Hey! You have a waist injury! Why do you keep on dancing? Look, don't overwork yourself, okay? That's all. Just wanna tell you that I'm doing well. I hope you are too....I love you.

 

~Shinae

 

I stared at the text. Could this really be from Shinae? I re-read it at least ten times to check if the text was really from her, or my eyes were just trolling me. Noona was right. You did come. I just had to wait. 

 

"Yah! JongIn-ah! What's that you're reading?" Chanyeol said and leaned over to see. I quickly closed the message and hid my phone. "Hey! What were you reading? Tell me!" Chanyeol insisted. By now, the members were looking at us. 

 

"It was just something that helped me cheer up." I said with a smile. At least I still know she cares about me. 

 

"Come on, JongIn! Just show me and I'll stop bugging you." Chanyeol said reaching for my phone. 

 

"Aish...No, Chanyeol!" I scolded jokingly while the rest of the members laughed.

Third Person P.O.V.

 

The members saw the smile and felt a wave of relief. Whatever it was that Kai read on his phone, it certainly helped him. 

 It was good to have the old, gleeful, happy Kai back. 

 

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O

 

Aigoooo..crappy ending ene. I suddenly got sleepy OTL. Mehhh, at least I added Kai's P.O.V.

 

should I update tomorrah? *thinks* kekeke xD

 

Sorry for the typos. So not in the mood to re-read it xDD