Chapter 12

Runaway Idol

My alarm went off. *groans* What could possibly be so important on this fine day that I need to wake up to? Oh yeah, work. 

 

I tried to stand up and take a shower so I could go to my job but was pulled back by something. I looked back and saw JongIn and his arms around me. Oh yeah, we cuddled last night. I gently tried to remove his hands but he gripped me tighter. 

 

"JongIn, I need to-- woaaaah!"

 

"Nope. You're not going anywhere unless you cook me breakfast." he said as he carried me off to the kitchen just like he used to.

 

"But I have work today. I'll be late if I don't shower now." I tried to reason. 

 

"I'm sure Ahjumma will understand if you're a little late. And besides, it's me. She'd consider it if it's me." He said with a confident smile.

 

I just sent him a look and allowed myself to be carried by this dancing machine. *grins* I'll just tell Ahjumma that he's the reason why I was late. I'd just tell her, 'But, Ahjumma. It was JongIn's fault. He carried me around like a mad man and refused to put me down. I reasoned that you'd be angry but he didn't care huhuhu.' Okay, well maybe that wasn't entirely true. But I wasn't going to get reprimanded. Nope. Not ever. 

 

He put me down when we got to the kitchen and sat on one of the chairs. I opened my fridge and just went for the bacon (a/n: Mehehe...bacon xD). I wanted to cook something easy yet satisfying ^_^. So I went to cook ti after taking a glance at JongIn.

 

He was silently snoring. *sigh* SooMan must've really made you work hard this time. That inconsiderate man. Injured or not, he'd make you work hard for him. To SooMan, it's all about the money. He doesn't care about his idol's welfare. We spend 11 months performing for him and a month in the hospital trying to recover from whatever illness we've caught. It's not fair. It's not fair to the  younger ones who debuted. Yes, I know that we signed up for this. But we signed up to become idols. We wanted to be able to perform on stage. We didn't wish to be over worked for a whole year and be reprimanded if we get sick. 

 

I finished cooking the bacon and set the plate on the table. "Alright, I really need to take a shower now." I said then rushed off to the shower before he reacted. 

 

I finished showering and put on a fresh change of clothes. 

 

"I'm coming with you, okay?" JongIn said. "And no, that wasn't a question." I had no choice but to give out a nod. 

 

We walked to the cafe and talked about a lot of things. About what happened at the concert and what he did before I came. He said he kept practicing and practicing so that he'd perfect his dancing, which earned a slap in the arm from me. 

 

"Ow! What was that for?" He asked rubbing his arm. 

 

"For over working yourself. You're already good at dancing. You don't have to practice hard. You'd hurt your waist." I said and walked in the cafe. 

 

"But I'm not that good yet. Taemin hyung and Eunhyuk hyung are the best dancers. Someday, I want to be as good as them." JongIn, you're already a good dancer as it is. You, Taemin oppa and Eunhyuk sunbae are all on the same level.

 

"I'm sure you'll be able to be like them someday." I answered then walked to the back to change to my uniform and left JongIn on the counter. 

 

Ahjumma heard us then went out. "Aigoo, why are you here this early, child?" She asked JongIn.

 

"It's my day off and I wanted to spend the day here." He answered with a smile. 

 

They exchanged a look then Ahjumma nodded. Wait--something is up.

 

The day went on quite well. Eventually, JongIn left. 

 

"You do know that he stayed here to spend time with you, right?" Ahjumma asked me. "And he told me that he was sorry you were late because it was his fault." She added. 

 

I just kept quiet. I know that something is up between the two. Why was JongIn acting this way anyway? It's not like he knew that I was Shinae, did he?

 

"Look, Shinae. I know you ran away to start over. But just because you did doesn't mean you have to avoid him. You practically have a new identity now." She suddenly said. Wait,how did she know my name? How did she know I ran away? "You don't have to keep avoiding him. Don't push him away. You know that you miss him too as much as he misses you." She added and walked away. 

 

I walked home with a slow stride. How did Ahjumma know that I ran away? More importantly, how did she know who I was? "Look, Shinae. I know you ran away to start over." That line flashed in my mind. Why would she even think that I'd want to start over? I ran away cause of my stupid unnies. I was an idol. I mean, who wouldn't want to become an idol. It was just because of my snotty, spoiled unnies. I was happy that I was an idol, wasn't I?