Chapter 4

Runaway Idol

Shinae's P.O.V.

 

The old lady whom I work for taught me everything I need to know. I'm pretty sure she said something in the middle of my training, along the lines of, "This child learns fast" or "This mild burst blast". I really didn't hear it well -___-.

 

I was finally behind the counter! The old couple was in the back. Don't misinterpret, they're not doing "it" or something. They're just resting. I swear, this couple is the most immobile one I've seen yet.

 

The shop was small. Only six tables with two chairs each. And the flow of the business convinced me that they just did this to have a stable income. The customers that come in are either the regulars or friends of the couple. They are all old. Wait, that came out wrong. Let me rephrase that, They are all wise. They knew I was new and they were nice. I admit, I had some troubles brewing the tea or designing the coffee but, they were nice enough to tell me what was right. They didn't even know who I was and we just met today. Unlike my "unnies" who were supposed to be my "best friends" *scoffs*. Best friends my .

 

Nightfall came by. I was about to leave the counter and go home. I turned around to go to the back till I heard the bell ring. A customer? At this late hour? Wow. This guy must be some vampire to drink coffee this late. 

 

"Ahjumma! I'm back! Please, give me the usual. And make it extra delicious for me tonight." He called. Wait, that voice. I would know that voice anywhere. I turned around to be met by his face. What is he doing here?!?

 

"Oh, you're new. Hello, I'm Kai. Do you know who I am?" He asked. Yes, JongIn, I'm new -___-. And yes, JongIn, I know who you are. You know who I am too. Is my hair so new that you don't know remember who I am? -___-.

 

"Y-yes. I'm new. And yes, I-I know who you a-are." I stuttered mindlessly. Great, I look like a stupid fan -___-. Well, it's better than him recognizing me..."Wh-what can I get you, s-sir?" This is just amazing, me stuttering in front of my boyfriend -__-. 

 

"Erm...well, I'll just have regular coffee since you're new." He said with a smile. Typical JongIn.

 

"O-okay." I said stuttering, again, and left to make his cofee. 

 

I hate not being able to hug him. Goodness, he's just seven feet away from me. And he's wearing the shirt I gave him! ahgkidfhgjdfh. I came back and gave him his coffee. But, why was he drinking coffee at this time? He won't be able to sleep the whole night.

 

"I-if you don't mind me asking," I coughed to straighten out my voice. "Why are you drinking coffee this late?" Hey, I was still his girlfriend. I still loved him. Worry is a part of our relationship.

 

He gave out a small laugh. "I do this everynight since the girl I love left." He explained. Wait, because of me? "I stay up all night to wait for her. A text, a call, a page, a memo, anything. And I just received a text from her earlier today. I'm hoping she'd send me another tonight." He explained. Wait, what?

 

I was left speechless. Did he really stay up all night just to wait for me? "Wow, you must be a nice boyfriend" I said, staring at the ground.

 

"I don't know......" He dragged on. 

 

"She didn't break up with you officially right?" I pressed on with my confidence rising to the roofs. JongIn. Don't you dare say we break up or I swear I'll yell at your face.

 

"Well, no...but..."

 

"Then you should trust her. Whatever her decision was, maybe it was for the best. If she's said she's gonna come back then she's gonna come back." I explained. I'll come back for you JongIn, just not now. He just gave a hopeless smile.

 

"You...seem...familiar. Do I know you?" Kai asked. If he remembers who I am, f*%$.

 

"What? Me? A low and poor being? Known by a rich and famous person like you? I-I don't think so." I stuttered. From the looks of it, he wasn't gonna believe me anytime soon. 

 

"But, you seem reeeeeeeally familiar. Have you been to one of our concerts once?" He asked trying to remember. Oh, Kai. Yes, I was in ALL of your concerts. You were in my concerts too. SMTOWN, MCountdown, you name it. 

 

"W-what? I-I've never been into anyone's concert before. I hear they're fun?" I tried to reason. 

 

"Yeah, they are. Hey, wanna go to one of our showcases? It's really fun." He said as he gave me a ticket. "I'll even give you a backstage pass so you wouldn't get trampled by the fans." He added and slipped the backstage pass in my hands as he gave a little chuckle. So little that it was barely above a whisper. 

 

You know what, Kai? I don't need this. I literally don't. I just need to wear a wig that matches my hair before and I'd be able to get in without a problem. "Okay, I'll be there." I agreed.

 

"Awesome! I'll be waiting for you there, alright?" He said and turned around to run. "I'll wait for you there, okay?" He shouted as he ran, eventually tripping on his own. I chuckled. Same, typical, Kai. The same awkward dancing machine I fell in love with. 

 

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O

 

Yaaaay!! Shinae and Kai saw each other!! They did but...Kai didn't know that it was his girlfriend he was talking to. AISHHH...sorry if it was a crappy chapter. I was in a hurry. I promise to make it up to you peopless...somehow.

 

Sorry for my typos...

 

A special shout-out to JumgJumg

http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/163689  <~~ my very first commenter. I LOVE YOUUUUU :D