Chapter 17

Runaway Idol

I woke up again to another morning. I didnt even notice the sun anymore. To me, it was getting boring. Getting up everyday just to go to work that will help my pay off everything that needed to be payed. It didn't matter though anymore. I got used to it but it doesn't change the fact that it bores me. 

 

I went down and met Ahjumma. I had to apologize. I shouldn't have been like that. When I thought about it, I felt like I was kinda a little bit like my unnies. And I do not like that. Nope. Not ever! 

 

"Ahjumma...." I called and walked to the garden. She was fixing her garden. Snipping weeds off and arranging the pots. It was something she did that reminded her of her husband, she told me. They were brought together by a butterfly since they both took a liking in gardening. Then because of that butterfly, their love story started. 

 

She looked at me with a stunned face. I might have scared her or something. 

 

"Oh, goodness. You scared me." She said. Should I have noticed that she was only being nice? I hurt her feelings, yes. And she didn't want to look like she was affected. She's kinda acting like she didn't hear anything. 

 

"Ahjumma..." I started. "I'm sorry for shouting at you yesterday. I was just too upset that I didn't want you too see me a mess." I explained. I expected her to shout at me or kick me out but she did the exact opposite and gave me a chuckle. 

 

"It's no problem. I kinda figured that you wanted to be left alone. I just worried that you might be hungry so I cooked up some food." She said with her motherly instincts seeping out. "And that boy you texted replied and I didn't want to be a snooper so I gave you the phone in case you wanted to text him back." She explained and faced me with a smile. 

 

"Thanks Ahjumma." I smiled at her then went on my way to work. 

 

I was met by the usual scenery I got used to. The usual people helping each other. And the others sometimes greeting me a hello. Of course, they didn't really know who I really was. If they did then a swarm of paparazzi and fans would be coming here but they didn't so I guess the short hair was really new to them. 

 

I made it to the cafe and went straight to the back to apologize to Ahjumma and Ahjussi. I shouldn't have skipped work and I just realized it today. Eventually, I found them sitting together.

 

I bowed a full one. "Ahjumma, Ahjussi! I'm sorry for skipping work yeserday! I shouldn't have done such a thing." I explained. Both of them turned around to look at me. "I'm really sorry." I apologized.

 

Ahjumma stood up. "It's okay, dear." She said with a smile. "I missed working anyways." She explained. "Why were you absent?" She asked. 

 

I had the sudden urge to tell her, 'I was sick and I was vomiting everwhere. OMG if you could've seen it it was a mess. I didn't want to mess up the cafe so I stayed home and stuff'. Basically, lie. But something else happened. 

 

"I didn't want to see Jongin...yet." I explained. Something in my heart just wanted to tell her that. That I didn't want to see JongIn yet. 

 

She gave me a smile and a pat on the shoulder. "You must bear with it dear.. Soon enough, you'd know the right thing to do." She said and went back to her husband.

 

I went to the counter and served the customers and apologized from my previous absence. 

 

"Where've you been? I missed your coffee."

 

"Goodness, dear, what happened do you?"

 

"Where were you?! You must serve me that coffee of yours now!! >.<"

 

Some of the comments of the customers. I guess I really did make an influence. 

 

Then, 12:00 a.m. rang on my watch. The dreaded time came. 

 

The bell tingled, signaling that a person entered the cafe. Well, shnizz. 

 

"Hey! Yunhwa, where've you been? You didn't go to work yesterday." JongIn casually asked. Oh no, JongIn. I went to work. Yep, I did. I was just invisible. *sarcasm*

 

"Yeah. I wasn't feeling very well." This time, I finally had the guts to lie. I could not tell JongIn, 'I was depressed because you liked  Yunhwa now and I just feel like you don't even love me, Shinae, anymore.'

 

"Oh, well, you feeling better now?" He asked and looked into my eyes. 

 

"Yep." I replied timidly. I can't look at him proplerly, afraid that I might break down if I do. 

 

"Look, I'm really sorry for ranting the other day." He started. "But I was serious about liking you." And that pierced a hole through my heart. "I was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime." ALRIGHT THAT IS IT! 

 

"No thanks." I said and looked down. 

 

"Oh. It's okay. I was just wondering." He said. The night was spent with an awkward atmosphere around the both of us. Mostly, I was fuming. But of course I wouldn't let him see that. 

 

Eventually, he walked me home again. It was again, filled with awkwardness.

 

"So I'll see you again soon." He said and tried to kiss me but I opened the door and closed it on his face. Call me rude, I don't care. That boy just made the worse mistake of his whole life. 

 

I stomped to my room. So I was really that easy to replace! What? Did he think that I wouldn't find out?! Cause I sure did! 

 

I took out Ahjumma's phone and typed in: 

 

JongIn,

 

Yeah. I'm coming back. Tomorrow. 

 

and pressed send. 

 

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

 

Yay! So Shinae is coming back. What will happen next? xDDDDDDDD 

 

Just a quick shoutout to lousha for commenting almost everyday. OMG I LOVE YOU <3