Chapter 14

Runaway Idol

It was closing time already. Usually, JongIn would leave early cause of his schedules but tonight, he stayed behind late. I thought that maybe he'd leave after I shut the doors down. So I locked the doors, tossed the keys to my pocket then walked off. 

 

"Yunhwa!!" JongIn yelled running towards me. Oh...my...

 

"JongIn--"

 

"Yunhwa!!"

 

He yelled as he threw me over his shoulder. This past few days, we've really grown comfortable to each other. Not that we weren't before but he's opened up to Yunhwa more. I guess that's a big step but, maybe it's too big. "You know, you shouldn't be walking alone at this late hour." He said. 

 

"Would you please put me down, JongIn?" I asked nicely and it's not like I wasn't used to seeing JongIn's back while my body limped over his shoulder. 

 

"You won't run away?" He asked as he stopped walking. 

 

"You think I'll be able to get far when I'm this tired?" I asked. He slowly nodded and put me down. "Thank you." I mumbled.

 

I don't know why but I've been acting cold to JongIn. I usually don't act cold to anyone. Even if I don't like them I never act cold. I guess I'm just tired...and upset. I don't know why but I've been upset for these past few days. It's not JongIn, seriously. There's another reason but I'm still not sure *thinking*

 

"Do you always walk home this late?" He asked as I gave a nod and walked ahead. "Cause if you are then I'll walk you home every night." He followed but I was still too far ahead. "You can't walk alone this late, alright?" He asked then ran to me but I was still a few feet away. 

 

"Would you just hold on for a sec?!" He growled then grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him. 

 

"Aren't you thinking about yourself? Don't you worry that someone might actually kidnap you this time and take you away forever? Do you not think about the people who will worry if something bad happens to you? It's late and anything might happen! Don't you think about your safety? Cause I do! I sure as hell do! I always think about you! I always worry that being the stubborn girl you are might not have eaten yet, or where you've been and what you did there. I also think about the people you meet, if they're murderers ot thieves that could hurt you. What I'm trying to say is that I care about you a lot and you should stop being so cold to me because I'm starting to like you!" He ranted. I just stared at him with wide eyes. "Just please, let me walk you home or go with someone...I don't care who as long as you don't walk home alone." He said and looked down. 

 

I couldn't speak. "O-okay." I croaked. We just stayed still, unmoving. Neither of us dared make the first move.

 

"I'm sorry...for snapping." He apologized. "I'm not usually like that." He explained. Yep, you definitely aren't like that.

 

We continued walking. It was still tense between us. Wait a minute--did he just make an indirect confession to me?--I mean to Yunhwa? So, he likes Yunhwa now? Wait, I'm not sure yet. Wait, but he said he's starting to like me--Yunhwa. Wait, this is getting confusing. 

 

So he likes Yunhwa now not me, Shinae. But...does that mean he doesn't love me anymore? Well, he didn't say that he "loved" Yunhwa but--AAAARGHHH!!!! I'm getting a headache just thinking about this. 

 

A sudden touch on my left hand snapped me out of my thoughts. I felt JongIn's hand touching it. He was NOT holding it. The back of our palms were just touching each other. His hands then slowly grasped mine. Slowly, slowly, until our palms were touching. It was just a faint grip, until it slowly got stronger and stronger. By now, we were completely holding hands. I looked at our palms then up at JongIn. He might not be smiling but I could see the happiness in his eyes.

 

Then I thought about it. He was happy with Yunhwa now. I couldn't blame him. I was the one who left him. Maybe he got tired of waiting for me. Maybe he just went to the cafe to see Yunhwa, and not get some coffee to stay awake to wait for a text or a call. And to think of it, I haven't texted him anything for a long while. Maybe...he moved on. 

 

"Alright, we're here." He said then held my other hand. "Promise me you won't walk alone late, okay?" he added and looked into my eyes. 

 

"Alright." I said with a weak smile. 

 

"Good." He said then leaned in and gave my lips a peck. "Good night, Yunhwa." He said then walked away.

 

I walked inside my apartment and threw my bag on the couch. Then, everything just looked blurry. I sank down my door and cried. I didn't even care if Ahjumma could hear my sobs. Now I knew why I was upset. I could see it. JongIn was falling in love with Yunhwa and was falling out of love with Shinae. 

 

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O

 

Yay! Update xD. I guess this made up for the crappy chapter I wrote last night -___-. It didn't even make sense OTL. I guess I need to come up with a nice chapter that will have to do with those magic bracelets OTL

 

So I wanted to tell you guys that I'd be working on a ChanyeolxOC fic for a friend of mine so I might not be able to update this story this frequent. I hope this dramatic chapter will make up for it. Do not worry, I shall try my best to work on all three of my fics. 

 

Sorry for my typos. If there are, please inform me. 

 

I LOVE YOU READERS!!!! K3U ^o^