26 - Our Secret

Truth behind the Camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

26 – Our Secret

| KYUHYUN |

After my scheduled shooting for Radio Star, manager Hyung decided that it would be better if I go to SM Entertainment instead of going back to the dorm. There is a mandatory practice for all the artists and I am two hours early.

I decided to go to the canteen first to get something to eat. After paying for my sandwich, I went to the practice room and was surprised to see that Girls’ Generation, EXO, and Shinee were already there.

“Oppa!” Seohyun called out as she gestured me to join her.
I approached her and asked, “How come you are by yourself?”
“Unnies are playing around with Shinee Oppas.” she replied with a laugh as she points at them flickering each other’s foreheads on what seems to be a punishment.

While I was looking around, I realized that they weren’t complete. “Where’s Yuri-ah?”
Seohyun gave me a teasing look and replied, “She left to meet Eunhyuk-ssi earlier.”
“Eunhyuk Hyung!?” I asked surprised.
Seohyun just nodded. “They’ll probably be back soon. They have been out for a while now.”
“Where did they go?” I asked her another question.
Seohyun gave me a weird look before replying, “I’m not sure Oppa. Mianhe. Yuri Unnie just told us she was meeting Eunhyuk-ssi.”
I nodded and assured her, “No need to be sorry. I was just wondering.”

“You’re not jealous, right?” she asked in a teasing tone.
I scoffed and replied, “Ofcourse, I’m not.”
She burst out laughing and sarcastically said, “Sure you’re not Oppa.”

I shook my head and decided to change the topic. We were talking about each other’s schedules and eventually talked about her virtual marriage.

“Do you guys text each other?” I curiously asked.
She nodded and added, “We let each other know about our schedules and such.”
“I actually watched about Siwon Hyung’s episode too.” I admitted.
“Did you see Yuri Unnie in their first episode?” Seohyun excitingly asked.
“Neh. She coincidentally got paired with Donghae Hyung.” I added.
“Yeah, I heard that others have been calling them the Fake Couple.” she told me while waiting for my reaction.
“I know. I’m aware.” I shortly stated.

“Oppa, why don’t you just tell her?” Seohyun asked out of the blue.
“Bwoh?! What are you talking about?” I asked her casually as I took another bite of my sandwich.
She shook her head and whispered, “Oppa, I know that you like Yuri Unnie.”

I looked at her with a surprised look and just in time, the members walked inside the practice room. They were greeted by everyone. Then, I saw Eunhyuk and Donghae together. I smiled at them and excused myself.

I walked out of the practice room to go to the restroom. On my way, I heard Seohyun calling my name so I stopped on my track.

“Oppa, how about if you just let her know?” Seohyun suggested in a question.
“I can’t. That’s just hard to do.” I honestly replied.
“Wae?” she innocently asked.
“I cannot just go up to her and tell her. That’s just awkward.” I explained.
“I’ll help you.” she volunteered.
“How?” I was curious.

She thought for a while and stated, “How about you imagine I’m Yuri Unnie? Practice how you’re going to tell her.”

I took a deep breath. “I like you.”
“Oppa! You have to say it sincerely.” she was frustrated.
 “This is hard, Seohyun-ah.” I admitted while I shook my head. She smiled at me to encourage me to try again. 
“I like you.” I tried once again and I heard a loud gasp. Seohyun’s eyes widen and hurriedly moved back so her body is not visible.

I looked at my side and was surprised to see Yuri.

“Kyuhyun-ssi… I mean Oppa.” she awkwardly greeted while Seohyun silently walked back.
“Yuri-ah, it’s not what you think.” I was trying to explain while taking glance at Seohyun, who made it back to the practice room. I sighed in relief.

Yuri smiled at me before saying, “Oppa, you can trust me!”
I scratched the back of my head while thinking of an excuse.

I kept thinking this is not how I wanted to confess. Not like this. How can I fix this?

“I can help you with Maknae.” Yuri interrupted with a smile.
“Bwoh?!” I asked in a louder tone. “What are you talking about?”
“Weren’t you practicing on how you were going to tell Seohyun that you like her?” she asked and added, “I can keep your secret Oppa.” she gest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter