23 - Messy Encounter

Truth behind the Camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

23 - Messy Encounter

-*-*-

“Oppa, are you really the husband?” Yuri asked in disbelief and waiting for an assurance.
Donghae just nodded with a smile printed on his face as he kept his eyes on the road.
“Are you sure? Or is this a joke?” Yuri asked worriedly. 

He was caught off guard as he took a glance of Yuri and asked, “What do you mean?”
“Because I’m not the wife!” she replied shortly, waiting for his reaction. 
“Bwo!?” Donghae obviously asked in surprised but with a hint of relief. “I’m not the husband either. I’m just taking you to the surprise event that Siwon has for you. Well, I mean for the real wife.”

 

“What is this?” the lady MC asked.
“They’re the fake couple and Siwon is the real husband.” the other MC stated. 
“This is getting interesting.” the lady excitingly added. 

 

An hour before the set time at the cafe, Siwon was with Donghae.
“So what am I doing here?” Donghae asked. 
“You are basically going to pretend to be the real husband in order to drop my wife to my surprise event.” Siwon replied happily. 
“Why can’t you just do it?” Donghae asked and added, “She will already see you so what’s the point?”
“I want to see her reaction. I wonder if she would like you more than me.” Siwon replied. 
“You are so weird.” Donghae stated as he shook his head. 

 

“Oh! So that’s how Yuri-ssi and Donghae-ssi are together now.” the lady MC stated. 
“It’s funny how the real wife and husband thought of using someone else to pretend.” the other MC added while laughing. 

 

“Bwo! So where are we suppose to go?” Yuri asked Donghae. 
He replied, “Siwon prepared an event in the ice skating rink. He’s actually waiting right now.”
“Oh My Gosh! I have to call her. She’s waiting in the garden.” Yuri panicked.
“What do you mean?” Donghae confusedly asked as he stopped the car.
“She has an event for him at the garden that’s why.” Yuri explained and asked, “Should I just tell her to meet him at the ice skating rink?” 
“I think that would be better. Make sure to remind her to wear a coat.” Donghae added. 

Yuri started dialing Sooyoung’s number while mumbling, “Why did I even agree on this in the first place?” 

 

The MCs in the studio started laughing. 
“Yeah, this has become a mess.” one of them added. 

 

Sooyoung on the other hand was patiently waiting when she answered Yuri’s call. 
“Yoboseyo?” Sooyoung replied. 
“Sooyoung-ah, go to the ice skating rink instead. It’s just five minutes away from where you are right now.” Yuri whispered because she still wanted Sooyoung to think that the real husband is still with her. 
“Bwo? Wae? Did he find out?” Sooyoung worriedly asked. 
“He insisted that we should go there instead. Palli, go there now.” Yuri assured her. 
“Arasso. Gomawo Yuri-ah!” Sooyoung said thankfully. 
“Aniyo. That’s nothing. Make sure to bring an extra coat.” Yuri reminded. 
“Neh. Annyeong.” Sooyoung bid farewell.

Yuri ended the call, “Oppa, I think I just lied to Sooyoung right now.”
Donghae chuckled and replied, “Don’t worry! This is going to be her moment.”

The two drove to the ice skating rink to witness what is about to unfold. 

 

“This is a mess and the couple has not even seen each other yet.” one of the MCs stated. 
“I just hope that they will enjoy their real first meeting.” the lady MC added. 

 

A silhouet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter