Shy Start

But I'm Too Young To Be Married!

Minami's POV:

My eyes fluttered open to be greeted by the sun pouring into the room.

'Aish, so bright. GO AWAY!!!' I groaned and turned in bed. 'Mm?'

I noticed that I was being hugged from behind and slowly turned back to stare into the sleeping face of Sungjong.

I blinked a few times before letting out a screech.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" I pulled the covers over me protectively and looked in horror as Sungjong fell off the bed with a thump.

"...Wae..." He stretched and opened his eyes.

"LEE SUNGJONG!" I pointed a shaking finger at him. "YOU! YOU!!!"

"I didn't do anything," He cracked his neck in response. "Calm down. Ow...That hurt."

"......You didn't take advantage of me?" I blinked again.

"Of course not! I'm not a ert!" Sungjong defended himself.

"Fine," I squinted at him, still suspicious.

"Look you want the story, here it is: You came into the hotel being carried by Woohyun-Hyung, knocked out, and I carried you here and put you to bed. Then I went to bed. End of story!"

"Hmm," I sharply huffed and looked around the room to locate my luggage. "Errrr..." I hesitated as I looked back and forth at my suitcase, across the room and Sungjong."

"You don't need to hesitate, Minami. I'm your husband, you shouldn't be embarrassed to change in front of me," He gave a smirk.

"LEE SUNGJONG!" I blushed furiously and thew a pillow at his face. "GET OUT!"

"Fiesty this morning, aren't we?" He chuckled as he caught the pillow without effort and then stood up. "Okay, okay. Just let me change first in the bathroom and then I'll leave you alone."

'Babo,' I sighed as I settled back into the bed and waited for Sungjong to finish.

"I'll be downstairs with Infinite, eating breakfast. Take your time, make yourself look pretty, my wife," He gave me a kiss on the forehead and strode out of the room.

'Weird,' I raised an eyebrow at his action. 'Why's he acting like this? Is he teasing me again? He was so mean yesterday...'

I shrugged the thought off and tiptoed across the room to grab some clothes.

'Let's see, what's the schedule for today...Oh, that's right...Infinite has a fan-meeting. I should wear something nice.' I quietly hummed to myself as I chose an outfit and changed.

(Outfit)

'Hmm, not bad,' I smiled and turned a bit to inspect myself before applying makeup and brushing my hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning, Minami!" Chorused Infinite as I entered the breakfast area.

"Good morning!" I politely responded and sat next to Sungjong to eat.

"You look lovely," He smiled as he took in my appearance.

"Thank you?" I answered back as a question.

"Hmm? Wae, why did you say it that way?"

"I don't know...Sungjong," I leaned in to whisper.

"How many times do I have to tell you," He sighed in exasperation. "It's 'Oppa'..."

"I don't understand you," I made eye contact with him. "You're going back and forth on me. You act all nice to me, but you change your attitude so quickly. It's confusing, and I don't like it."

"Mm," was the response.

"Wae..." I waited for a clearer answer.

"Now's not a good time to explain, Minami. But I promise I will later okay?" He stood up as Infinite's manager came to collect the boys and send them to hair, makeup, and change into their outfits.

'You promised...You better keep it,' I grumbled to myself and let him go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!"

"INFINITE, SARANGHAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"WOOHYUN-OPPA, MARRY ME PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!"

I grimaced as I tried to stay calm amongst the loud shouting of the fans.

"Are you okay?" Sungjong took my hand and looked at me with concern.

"I will be," I mumbled. "Go, it looks like you guys are getting started."

"Wait for me, okay?" He gave me a bright smile and a peace sign before climbing up the stairs to the stage and sitting in his spot at the long table.

'Lee Sungjong, you are one strange man. But I love you...'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungjong's POV:

'Minami, are you watching me?' I grinned to myself as I saw her out of the corner of my eye staring at me. 'Oppa's cool isn't he? Aren't you glad you married him?'

"SUNGJONG-OPPA!!!!" I focused my attention on an eager fan who held out a poster for me to sign.

"Neh, neh," I flashed her a smile. "Thank you for supporting Infinite!!! We hope you continue to do so~" I did a bit of aegyo for her.

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SOOOO CUUUUUTE" She gushed and gladly accepted the signed poster. "And Oppa, congratulations on your marriage."

"Eh?" I responded as she moved on to the next member.

"You didn't think they knew about your marriage?" Sunggyu-Hyung, who sat to my right, laughed as he scribbled his signature.

"Well...no? It's Paris, France...?"

"Sungjonggie...you should know. There are sites that people all around the world can access to be updated about the K-pop world and their favorite stars."

"Hmm..." I shrugged my shoulders as I reached for the poster Sunggyu-Hyung had just signed to add my own signature.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you so much for coming out today," Sunggyu-Hyung gave his speech after the fan signing had been completed. "Infinite and I are extremely lucky to have international fans and we hope to bring you more music in the future. It is for you that we work extremely hard and it is you that gives us that strength. Thank you again."

"THANK YOU!" Infinite and I bowed deeply.

"Goodbye now~" We waved as we descended the stairs from the stage.

"Minami!" I called out to her and she waved.

"You're finished?"

"Neh," I patted her head.

"Wae...Oppa, I'm not a child!" She gave a laugh.

'She has a pretty laugh. It's like a bell tinkle...'

"Come with me," I took her hand and led her to the nearest coffee shop inside the building.

"Oppa!" She exclaimed as I plopped her into a chair and asked her what she wanted to drink. "Is this okay? You just left the group!"

"It's fine," I assured her. "Manager-Hyung told us we could have an hour before we leave for practice. What would you like?" I offered again.

"Uhm, how about a green tea latte?" She smiled.

"Do they have those here?" I questioned.

"...I don't know.." She stared at the table, deep in thought.

I laughed and patted her head again.

'So adorable.'

"Oppa, I told you already! I'm no child!"

"Neh, neh. I know. You told me. I'll be right back. I need to tell you something too, which is why I brought you here. Wait for me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here," I held out a cup of steaming liquid to her.

"Wow, they actually do have green tea lattes here!" She laughed and accepted the drink. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," I sat down across from her and watched as she blew on the surface of the cup before taking a sip.

"So, what is it that you wanted to tell me?"

"I told you I'd give you an answer to your question from earlier."

"Oh..."

I took a deep breath to try and calm my racing heart.

"Minami, I know I've been a jerk to you. A really mean one too."

"No kidding..." I heard her say under her breath. "I know why." She sighed and picked up her cup again.

"Eh? Huh? What?" I looked at her, confused.

"You acted that way because you wanted to push me away."

'Crap! Did she figure out how I feel already??!?!' I panicked inside.

"Neh..."

"I get it. Here I was, as stranger, a nobody. And suddenly you had to be married to me. It wasn't fair to you or to me."

"Minami, what are you getting at? What do you know?" I cut her off.

"I know you have a massive crush on Park Hyerin and that it'll never go away. And you'll never come to accept me. I don't know why you haven't already filed for divorce. You know, if you had told me earlier, we could have prevented this whole marriage from the start."

'......Well....she found out the OTHER secret, I guess.'

"How do you know this?" I asked.

"Woohyun-Oppa told me right before I walked down the aisle on our wedding day."

'THAT SNAKE!' My mood went down. 'How dare he tell her that!'

"Oppa, your face has totally clouded over. Wae, you thought I didn't know?" I heard Minami calmly say.

"That's not it at all," I scratched the back of my head. "Aish, this is a mess."

"Then clean it up. And explain. We can work something out, I'm here for you. As a friend."

As a friend.....What the hell, we're married....

"Minami," I sighed and looked her in the eye. "I love you."

"BWOH!?!?" She coughed and sputtered as she was taking a sip of her drink just as I confessed. "Stop spouting nonsense, Lee Sungjong!"

"I'm not!" I held up my hand to signal to her that I wasn't finished yet. "Yes. I had a crush on Noona. I had since I noticed my feelings for her when I was 15. But that all changed when I met you. Suddenly, I didn't know what to do. I felt guilty, dirty...unworthy. I was conflicted between two women; one whom I knew loved me back (Noona), and another that I wasn't so sure about (Minami). I tried to deny my feelings for you for as long as possible. But when you left the cafe the other night, Woohyun-Hyung found me and got really upset and yelled at me. I was forced to face what I had been dreading. To choose. Do I go after you? Or do I let someone else take you away and continue to be the same jerk I have been and choose Noona."

"I'm guessing you chose her then," Minami's eyes filled with tears. "You never came for me!"

"Ani," I shook my head. "I did go after you. But I never found you. I searched for a long time and I thought maybe you had returned to the hotel so I went to look there and when you weren't in our room, I was going to head back out to search again. But Woohyun-Hyung brought you in as soon as I was about to go out."

"You have no idea what happened to me that night," She began to cry. "I was so scared! I NEEDED you! But you weren't there! I almost got taken advantage of by two drunk men! If it hadn't been for Woohyun-Oppa, I would have...."

I stood up and walked to her side of the table and wrapped my arms around her in a hug.

"Mianhae...I didn't protect you...Please, don't be upset. I promise to take care of you from now on. Forever, and always. Minami, I've realized my feelings for you. I love you."

I felt her tense up a bit and then relax and I felt her hands grab my shirt.

"Babo..." She sobbed. "I love you too. That's why it hurt so much...I love you as well."

I smiled as my heart began to soar.

'She loves me. She loves me!'

I wiped her tears and cupped her face in my hands before planting a soft kiss on her lips.

I felt shivers go down my spine and a tingling sensation in my stomach.

I didn't want to pull away but eventually she did and I looked into her eyes.

"You promise me that we'll be together from now on?" She whispered.

"I promise, I promise to love you and take care of you, as a real husband should." I nodded and whispered back before pulling her close and kissing her again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woohyun's POV:

I clentched my hands into fists as Infinite and I watched Minami and Sungjong's interactions in the window of the coffee shop.

"Awwww, so cute," Sungyeol cooed.

"They've finally admitted it to themselves," Sunggyu-Hyung nodded and smiled.

"They'll be inseparable from now on," Hoya sighed with jealously. "I want a girlfriend! I want to be like the two of them!" He whinned as he threw a mini tantrum.

"You'll have your chance," Sunggyu-Hyung eyed Hoya with disgust. "Stop whinning. You're not a child!"

"Meanie!" Hoya puffed up his cheeks and turned away. "I can't watch any longer...I'll burst."

I felt a hand grip my shoulder.

"I'm sorry man," Dongwoo gave me a sympathetic smile. "It looks like Sungjonggie's going to treat her like his princess from now on...and I don't think you can get in between them at all."

"I told you to give it up," L stared at the couple and then looked at me. "But I feel for you."

"Whatever," I mumbled in disappointment and turned and walked away from the happy scene.

'Lee Sungjong,' I thought to myself. 'You better treat her right this time. You screw up once more, and you're dead. I'm giving you one last chance. If you blow it, I'll make her mine.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, you for viewing "But I'm Too Young To Be Married" Please comment ~ ^.^