Things Got Turned Upside-down

But I'm Too Young To Be Married!

Minami's POV:

"Hush little baby, don't you cry..." I softly sung to the sleeping baby in my arms as I rocked him back and forth before gently setting him down in his crib.

I made sure he was asleep again and kisses his forehead before turning out the lights and walking out of the room.

"Is he out?" Sungjong looked up from his computer.

"Neh, I just put him to bed," I nodded.

"Great," Sungjong set down everything and held his arms out. "Come to Oppa~" he cutely called out.

"You haven't acted this way in awhile," I laughed back and sank down into the couch in his arms.

"Because we've been so busy with Min Ki." He explained and nuzzled my neck.

"O-o-oppa.." I stuttered as I felt him tighten his arms around my waist and lightly nibble on my ear.

"Shh, you'll wake him up," he slyly brought his hand under my shirt as he gently kissed my cheek.

"DINGDONG!" The bell rang and Sungjong sighed in annoyance.

"WAE!" He pouted.

"I've got it," I quickly slipped out of his arms and ran for the door, fixing myself just in case if I looked odd.

I could hear Sungjong groan from the living room in frustration.

"Neh?" I peeked my head out from behind the crack in the door.

"Annyeong Minami-ah," Haraboji gave me a warm smile but I could tell something was wrong.

"Haraboji...." I began and then I saw Halmeoni behind him. "Halmeoni..."

"Annyeong Minami," she quietly greeted.

"Have you come to visit Min Ki?" I questioned nervously. "I'm afraid now is not a good time...he's alseep..."

"Ani...We've come...for....another reason..." Haraboji slowly said before nodding inside. "Are we allowed to come in?"

"Neh, of course..." I opened the door wider and let the two elders step inside.

"Is Sungjong-ah here?"

"He's in the living room."

"I see, thank you," Haraboji carefully made his way down the hall, leaving me with Halmeoni.

"Halmeoni...what's wrong....Wae...something's wrong...tell me please...are you sick?" I frantically looked her up and down to see if there was anything wrong.

"Ani..." She replied softly.

"Please...tell me, you're scaring me to death..." I pleaded.

"Come with me, Minami..." She gently tugged at my sleeve and brought me into a separate room.

"Wae..." I began again.

"Minami...we're in trouble..." Halmeoni shook her head.

"Please explain to me further so I understand, Halmeoni..." I worridly took her hand in mine.

"Minami....there's a secret in our family that no one has mentioned...."

"....." I waited for her to go on.

"You have a twin sister....You two were separated at birth because your mother and father could not afford to bring up more than one child at the time. By the time they'd built up their wealth and wanted to retrieve her....the adopted parents rejected them and they haven't been in contact since..."

"Halmeoni..." I whispered.

'A twin sister? Me?!? There's another one of me out there? Wae....right now is the time to tell me?'

"She's only slightly older than you. By only a minute or so....but she's still your unni...and well...." Halmeoni paused to catch her breath.

"Wae.....WAE?!?!?!" I had begun to get desperate.

"Young-soo-ssi and I....we meant for the arranged marriage to be between whomever was born first if we each had more than one grandchild."

I felt my heart stop.

"Halmeoni...you're not making sense at all....wae...bringing this up....I don't understand....If the adopted parents of my unni didn't want to give her up and they haven't been in contact....." I could feel my head begin to spin.

"They didn't contact us....she did....she's an orphan now. The parents died recently in a car crash...she has no other family than this one..."

"So we're taking her back into our family?!?!?!" I nearly shouted.

"We're her legitimate family, her immediate family. So of course we're letting her back into the family." Halmeoni quitely but firmly responded.

"Wae...."

"Minami....I'm afraid....I'm afraid your marriage to Sungjong was a mistake....and that this right belongs to her...."

"Are you saying I need to divorce him?" I could feel the tears well up in my eyes. "We have a child, Halmeoni. What happens to Min Ki?"

"You will raise him by yourself my dear...you can manage. Young-Soo-ssi and I both agree that you're no delicate person. You're a figther and a surviver. Sungjong will have rights to be able to see his son..."

"Andwe.....This cannot be happening...." I held my head and banged into something.

"Please....calm down..." Halmeoni whispered.

"I can't...I can't...I CAN'T!!" I sobbed and threw myself on the nearest soft object to cry into.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungjong's POV:

"BWOH!??!?!?!?" I yelled as I stood up.

"Shh...Sungjong-ah...Min Ki is sleeping," Haraboji reminded me.

"Andwe. I won't let this happen." I shook my head. "I'm not divorcing Minami and marrying someone new."

"Sungjong-ah..." Haraboji sighed.

"I don't get it, Haraboji...not at all....you made an agreement...okay...but wae...can't we all be satisfied with things the way they are? I don't see a problem in anything. Let Minami's unni back into the family. But I don't think there's anything that requires me to divorce my current wife and marry her instead."

"This isn't for you or Minami Sungjong," Haraboji explained. "She...She's disabled. She was in the car crash along side her adopted parents who died in it...She's paralyzed from the waist down and no one can take care of her...no one....no one WANTS her Sungjong-ah."

"Ani," I refused to comply and shook my head again. "Get her a care-taker. We can afford at least that."

"Sungjong, did you not hear me. No one will want to be with a cripple." Haraboji's voice was becoming impatient.

"So? She'll find someone that does want her I'm sure of that!" I pounded my fist onto the coffee table. "This just doesn't make sense at all....I won't do it, no."

"You will do it," Haraboji ordered.

"Wae...." I quieted down.

"Because I'm telling you to. And you know what happens if you defy me...." he hissed in a threatening tone.

I shivered. He was referring back to when I was a young teen and I did whatever the hell I wanted.

I skipped school, I fooled around, I was a "bad kid".

He taught me my lesson by revoking all my means of communcation and locking me in a tiny, dark room by myself for a week.

It was enough to mess with my mind and put me in my place.

"You wouldn't do that to me again, Haraboji," I whispered, frightened now.

"I would, and you know that."

"Wae....you've never been like this to me ever....you were such a kind gentleman to me for all my life."

"Sungjong," Haraboji sighed and patted my hand. "You are my treasured grandson. And I love you. But sometimes, doing the right thing is what you need to do than what you want to do...I am sorry. I know that it frightened you and that you saw me as a villan for years before you forgave me. But that was the only way to get you to listen to me. And I will do it again if you do not work with me here."

"Neh," I quivered and finally agreed.

"I will have our laywer make the divorce papers then. And we'll work an agreement out with him for you to see Min Ki." Haraboji stood up and called out to Halmeoni for them to leave.

I blankly stood alone and watched as the luxurious car rolled away.

'This is ....This is crap...all of this, has been a "lie"!?!?!?!?' I snapped and broke a china vase.

"Oppa!" Minami cried and rushed to me.

"Minami," I gathered her in my arms and held her tight. "This is horrible. What did we ever do....to be stuck together, fall in love, and now torn away.."

"What about Min Ki?" She looked up at me with tears running down her face.

"I don't understand...." I repeated over and over again while shaking my head.

"Oppa...." She cried into my shoulder.

"I will find a way, if it's the last thing I do....to get to the bottom of this. Something doesn't seem right about anything. It doesn't make sense at all...." I murmured into her hair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes: I'm back my lovely readers.

My bad news....I'm suffering from a broken heart that I'm not sure when will heal...but I did find that writing has taken the tears away for the moment and that made me happy....

I'm sorry....this chapter seems a bit cooky and strange...It doesn't really belong in the "story" I feel but I think it adds an interesting turn of events.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, you for viewing "But I'm Too Young To Be Married" Please comment ~ ^.^