The Promise

But I'm Too Young To Be Married!

Sungjong's POV:

I put on my best smile and stared at the camera as my friend, and group member, Nam Woohyun answered a question from the MC.

As soon as the camera shifted elsewhere, I fixed my gaze on the MC and took in everything...Her beauty...her outfit...her hair...her makeup.

Everything was spot on and perfect. She was perfect.

"Noona..." I murmured softly and sighed a bit.

"Yah," I recieved a sharp nudge from Woohyun, sitting to my left. "Now is not the time to be checking out Hyerin Noona."

I gave Woohyun a glare. "Don't tell me what to do," I huffed.

"Yah!" Woohyun firmly stomped on my foot, "I'm your hyung! Don't talk to me like that."

"Both of you STOP IT," Sunggyu, the leader, hissed. "We're recording now, be professional. You're all getting a lecture once we're done."

The camera soon returned in my direction.

"This next question came from xXxYoonaxXx and it's addressed for Sungjong," Hyerin began.

"Ahh, really?" I brightly responded and bowed my head respectfully, "kamsahamida, I'm so happy."

"I know you're excited," Hyerin smiled at my reaction.

'...She's so pretty...' I thought to myself. 'No one is better than Noona.'

"It says, 'Sungjong Oppa~ congratulations to you and Infinite for winning your first #1 on Music Bank this week. My question for you is, how would you describe your perfect woman and you life together married?'"

'She called me oppa...Noona called me oppa...' I mentally spazzed out.

"...yah..." Woohyun's arm came against my stomach and I snapped back into reality.

"Well it's hard to tell what married life would be, I'm only 19," I smiled at Noona and continued, "my perfect woman would be somone who is like you MC-ssi~" I cutely joked around (but I was really serious...) "you're very pretty and sophisticated. And you're also very successful~"

"Ahh, our Sungjonggie's too kind," Hyerin laughed and turned her cue cards to ask the next question.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I exited the dressing room while scratching the back of my head, I'd gotten scolded, along with Woohyun by Sunggyu about our behavior while recording.

'Babo, Woohyun...you shouldn't have said anything to me in the first place!'

I walked down the hallway still dazed until I heard the faint sound of pleading coming from behind a door. I looked up to see that it was Noona's dressing room and in a panic, I pushed the door open without knocking.

"Noona!" I cried and my eyes widened when I saw what was before me.

A man...yes, another man had her pinned against the wall and it looked like to me he was forcing a kiss on her.

"Sungjonnie~" Noona whimpered.

"YOU..." My eyes flashed and I became 'dark maknae' (or so my hyungs call it when I get angry..apparently I can be very scary)

I grabbed the man by his collar and dragged him across the room. "Don't you EVER try something like that again, do you hear me?" I spoke in a slow, low growl before throwing the man outside of the room and locking the door behind me.

"Noona~" I once again cried as I rushed to her side. "Noona, gwenchana?"

"Sungjonggie!" Noona wept and desperately clung to my sleeve.

"It's alright," I softly whispered and wiped her tears as I pulled her into a hug, "I'll protect you Noona...I'm here...it's okays."

As I was comforting Noona, my cell phone rang.

"Yeobosaeyo?" I answered.

"Sungjonggie yah?" I heard my grandfather muster out from the other side.

"Neh, haraboji." I gently patted Noona's back as I talked on the phone.

"I want you to be free tomorrow evening. I have someone I'd like to introduce to you."

"Neh, haraboji," I repeated again and listened for the instructions on where the restaurant was. "I got it, thank you. See you tomorrow night, haraboji," I hung up and refocused my attention on to Noona.

"Noona, let's go, I'll buy you some ice cream~" I took her hand and led her out of the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minami's POV:

"Ahhh ahh~" I sighed and pushed away the mountain of work that was before me. "Who knew college was just as bad as high school? I can't get a break from any work!"

"It's your own fault," my friend June retorted back from behind her own textbook. "Not only are you attending one of the most prestigious colleges, you also chose a hard major. I mean, seriously? Bio-chemistry? And then after that, pharmacy school? Wow, you're really daebak, Minami."

"This is my dream!" I began.

"Neh, neh...we all have dreams...I just don't get why you want something that's going to keep you in school for another 8 years," June carefully examined me through her glasses.

"Well whatever, I need to get going now, June," I stood up and packed all my materials into my bag.

"Bwoh? Where are you going?" June looked at me wide-eyed. "Yah, Shin Minami! Why are you leaving me here in the library, all by myself, on a Friday afternoon?"

"First of all, you need to learn how to be more quiet," I turned a bit red and whispered to her through clenched teeth, "this is a library, not a classroom. Second of all, I'm leaving because I have to see my halmeoni. Her condition's worsened since the last time I saw her."

"Ahh, I'm sorry," June immediately apologized and looked down back at her book.

"It's alright, I'll say hi to her for you, she likes you a lot," I smiled and gathered the rest of my stuff.

"Pfft," I heard June trying to suppress a laugh.

"Wae, what's so funny?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Minami, you really have it bad for Infinite's Woohyun don't you?" June laughed and pointed at my cell phone charm; a little figurine of Nam Woohyun from the k-pop idol group Infinite.

"Yah!" I turned red again, out of embarrassment and quickly hid the charm from her view. "I'm leaving!" I waved to June and walked out of the library and to the station to catch the next bus going towards the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I approached the front desk at the hospital and made a small greeting to the receptionist before inquiring about my grandmother and what room she was in.

"This way Miss Minami," she calmly led me down the hall and opened the door to room 204.

I bowed to the receptionist and then again before entering the room.

"Minami-ah," my grandmother turned her head and smiled at me meekly.

"Halmeoni!" I smiled brightly and walked to her bedside and took her hand gently. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm doing better, I'm perfectly healthy, see?" My grandmother returned my smile and showed off her strength by giving me a few weak air, first pumps.

"Halmeoni, if you were perfectly healthy, you wouldn't be in the hospital," I calmly reminded her and reached behind her head to fluff the pillows.

"Minami," grandmother suddenly became serious and motioned for me to sit down.

"Neh?" I answered and settled on the stool next to her bed.

"Minami," She repeated and sighed outward. "As you know, I am not getting any younger. You are my only, and most treasured granddaughter. I am saddened by the thought I will not be here much longer with you."

"Don't think that way, halmeoni," I looked at her with kind eyes, "you'll pull through."

I was met by silence and then a grin returned to her face.

"I suppose so," she laughed a bit.

"Did you have something to tell me?" I asked.

"Not right now, dear. But will you do something for me?"

"Anything for you, halmeoni."

"Will you attend a dinner with an old friend for me, in my place? I'm stuck here in the hospital, and I would hate to cancel on him."

"Of course I will halmeoni," I kissed her hand and noted down the time and place of the scheduled event. "Tomorrow night? I can manage, I will be there."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No-one's POV

A nurse popped her head into the hospital room of 204.

"There's a telephone call for you, Miss," she smiled and held out the reciever towards the old woman.

"Thank you," the woman took the phone graciously and waited until the nurse had left the room before putting the reciever toward her ear.

"Minyoung-ssi," a man's voice spoke out.

"Young-soo-ssi," the woman replied.

"I heard you were in the hospital."

"I am...I have arranged for my granddaughter to attend our dinner reservation for tomorrow. I will not be there, please take care of her."

"I shall, it is time the two meet."

"Do you think we're rushing it? They're so young..."

"Minyoung-ssi. You're time is limited, I can tell. Don't you want to see your only granddaughter happily married and with a family?"

"I do, but I fear that they're at too tender of an age."

"They'll be fine...trust me."

The woman sighed and smiled as she settled back into the pillows of the hospital's bed. "I'll trust you on this then, Young-soo-ssi. They must fullfill that promise we made a long time ago anyway."

"Yes, the promise that our two grandchildren would marry."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, you for viewing "But I'm Too Young To Be Married" Please comment ~ ^.^