The Boring Events Leading up to the Dreaded Day

But I'm Too Young To Be Married!

Sungjong's POV:

I wiped off the sweat from my forehead and neck as I guzzled down a bottle of water.

Practice was becoming harder everyday and Sunggyu seemed to be having a bad day, he keeps barking orders at us.

"You've been working really hard," L-Hyung gave me one of his princely smiles and ruffled my hair a bit.

"I'm trying to keep my mind off of that personal matter," I sighed, exasperated.

"Uhoh, what's the plan for today?" L-Hyung sympathized.

"I'm being dragged to the florist, reception planning meeting, and then the bridal store for final fittings." I groaned as I counted off the list.

"Yah, Sungjong," Hoya-Hyung came into the practice room waving the cream-colored wedding invitation in his hand. "You've been engaged for two months, and you're getting married in a few weeks. Why haven't we met the bride?"

"Yeah, why haven't we met her? Does she not like us or something?" Sungyeol-Hyung also complained.

"I too," Woohyun-Hyung collapsed on the floor next to me, "wish to see this 'Shin Minami' that you've been cursing at for the past couple of months. Is she cute?" He waggled his eyebrows at me.

"I'd rather keep the bride away from you guys," I began.

"Because you want her all to yourself?" Dongwoo-Hyung finished for me.

'Hell no...That girl...Drives me INSANE!'

"Because she's not worthy of meeting you people," I scoffed.

"Woah..." Sunggyu blinked. "Did anyone know that our makane could be so crude?"

"Yes..." The rest of the memebers chorused.

"Do you guys want to meet her that bad? She's nothing that special. Just some girl named Shin Minami that I'm getting married to because of a stupid promise that our grandparents guilt tripped us into holding up for them."

"Well, if she's going to be in your life...She's going to be in ours, no?" Sunggyu pointed out.

'Damn you leader...you have a point.'

"Fine, fine." I gave in and huffed as I pulled out my cell phone. "I'll text her to come at the end of practice before I get dragged through pre-wedding hell."

Yah, you. Crazy woman  I typed into the text box

Wae...What do you want? .-.

You. Come to the practice studio at 3. Members want to meet this weird woman I'm getting married to :|

....Okay...I'll be there

I stared at my phone, shocked. Had she actually just agreed to my request without arguing?  The last time I asked her to do anything she put up such a fight.

'Bipolar woman.' I grumbled internally.

"She said she'll be here at 3." I announced.

"Great, let's keep practicing now." Sunggyu got up and rounded Infinite up.

"Neh." Everyone responded and our newest single, 'The Chaser' began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sungjong?" Our manager poked his head in the practice room.

"Neh Hyung?" I responded.

"There's someone here to see you..." He trailed off.

'Hmm? Weird,' I thought as I looked at the clock. 'It's only 2:30...if anything, that girl is always late!'

"Coming, I'll be right there," I acknowledged and again, wiped off my excess sweat. "I'll be right back," I told my members and exited the room.

"Sungjonggie?" A woman's voice called out to me, but it wasn't the one I expected it to be.

"Noona?" My eyes widened. "Noona, why are you here?" I approached her to see she had tears in her eyes and she was clutching a cream-colored paper in her hand...

'The invitation...' I bleakly thought.

"Sungjonggie," Noona blubbered. "Why are you getting married? You've never had a girlfriend before and now you're getting married? WAE?!?!?"

"Noona, calm down," I bit my lip as I saw her tears. I hated seeing her like this.

"Why am I crying?" She sniffled and wiped her eyes. "Sungjonggie, we've been friends for so long. We met when you were only 13. You've always been my favorite dongsaeng. But.."

"But?" I repeated. I wanted to know what she wanted to say.

"Sungjonggie, do you know the reason why I've always been single? You know that I'm always being asked out and flirted with on set, but I've never taken interest in anyone...It's because...I think I like you..."

My heart lept and also hurt at the same time. The woman I wanted had finally told me that she liked me, and I liked her. But this stupid marriage would get inbetween us.

"Noona, you know that I've always looked at you," I started and took her into my arms for a hug. "Can you wait a little longer? I will be getting married to Minami, but I will find a way to end it as soon as possible."

"You promise?"

"I promise. Now, please go home and take care of yourself alright?" I kissed her forehead and escorted her out of the building.

"I'll be waiting," she called out to me before turning the other way and walking out of my sight.

'I also...will be waiting. I will find a way back to you, Noona.' I returned to the room and resumed practice with the members.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sungjong, you're fiance is here to see you and Infinite," Manager-Hyung reported again and allowed her in.

"Annyeonghaseyo," she bowed and smiled. "I am Shin Minami, Sungjong's fiance. It's pleased to finally meet you."

"Hmm?" Dongwoo-Hyung got right up into her face and squinted.

'Yeah, that's right. Be intimidated,' I laughed to myself as I saw her squirm in discomfort.

"You're cuuuuuuuute," Dongwoo-Hyung broke out into a toothy grin and gave her a big hug.

"EEEEEEEP!" She squealed at the suprised attack.

"Yah," L-Hyung pushed past the baboon and took her hand.

"I am Myungsoo...or L, it's is also a pleasure to finally meet you."

"You're tiny.." Hoya-Hyung remarked curtly.

"Which is ADORABLE," Sungyeol-Hyung gushed as he inspected her.

"So you're the famous, Shin Minami, hmm?" Sunggyu-Hyung approached her and carefully shook her hand. "I am Infinite's leader, Sunggyu. I apologize for the childish behavior of the members."

"Shin Minami, huh?" Woohyun-Hyung was last to greet her.

"Neh," she awkwardly replied.

'Huh? Did she just blush?' My eyes narrowed as I watched the two.

"Hmm? You are indeed lovely." Woohyun-Hyung went on.

"Please, you're being too kind," Minami giggled and looked down at the floor.

"NO WAY!" I yelled.

"Huh?" Minami looked at me, confused.

"Sungjonggie, are you okay?" Dongwoo-Hyung and the rest of the members also gave me strange looks.

"Nothing.." I mumbled and quickly turned my attention to my ipod again.

'I've figured you out, Shin Minami.' I grinned evily. 'Your bias is Nam Woohyun...I can use this later.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minami's POV:

I sat silently in the car with Sungjong who was occupied with his ipod.

'He really hates these outings, huh? Well I hate them too! I'm so glad we only have one more stop!' I pouted and gazed out the window.

'Woohyun Oppa is so cute...' I grinned like a babo. 'He's such a gentleman as well.'

"Sir, Miss," The driver called for our attention. "We're here at the bridal store."

"Thank you," I smiled graciously as the driver held the door for me.

"You're welcome, Miss," he smiled and leaned in the whisper to me. "You'll look lovely in a wedding dress, Miss."

"Are you hitting on my soon-to-be-wife?" Sungjong raised an eyebrow.

"Of course not Sir. But you can't deny the fact that Miss is going to look absolutely stunning as a bride."

"Tch," Sungjong snorted as he looked at me. "How can such a plain thing look pretty?"

'Wow, thanks,' I rolled my eyes as I followed the arrogant man who was soon to be my husband through the elaborate doors of the bridal store.

"Welcome." We were greeted and bowed to by the staff.

"We have set aside your ceremony and reception attires seperately, please follow me." The manager extended her hand, a signal for us to head in that direction.

"See if you can turn the ugly-duckling, into a swan. Though I highly doubt it," Sungjong laughed as he disappeared behind a curtain to change.

'You don't have to be so mean about it, I know I'm nothing to look at.'

"Here, Miss, you can change here. Let me know if you are in need of any assistance."

"Thank you," I stepped into the changing room and gasped at the dress that was before me.

'W-w-w-w-what is this?!?!! It's too much...' I gently ran my hand over the rich, smooth material and trembled as I took it off the hanger and put it on myself.

(Dress)

"Yah, what are you doing in there?" Sungjong's voice yelled from outside.

"I'm coming," I yelled back and stared at myself once more before drawing back the curtain and stepping out into full-view.

"I don't know why you took so long, it's a dress, you put it on and then-............"

"And then?" I put my hands on my hips waiting for the rest of the criticism.

"..........................." I was met with silence.

"Wae...It doesn't suit me, I know!" I turned around to re-enter the room.

"No..." A hand caught my wrist and I looked back to meet the eyes of Sungjong, who was very close to my face at this point.

"W-w-w--wae?" I stammered and I could feel my face heat up.

"...You look nice..."

"Geez, thanks." I grumbled a bit. "You basically told me I was ugly a minute ago."

"Did I?" Sungjong seemed stunned. "I don't remember..."

"Anyway," I took a look at Sungjong as well. "You also look nice."

And he did....He looked great in fact. He pulls off the groom look flawlessly.

"Thanks." He gave me a lopsided grin that made my heart stop for a second.

"Oh, uh..Your tie..." I focused my attention elsewhere. "It's a bit crooked..."

"Ah," Sungjong also looked down. "I've never been good at tying these things...Urgh," he fumbled around and meekly attempted to redo it.

"I'll help you," I reached out and began fixing it.

"We're really getting married hmm?"

I looked at Sungjong again to find his gaze become once again, emotionless.

"Yes...we are..." I murmured back as I looked at the ground.

The bit of magic that I felt was gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, you for viewing "But I'm Too Young To Be Married" Please comment ~ ^.^