And It's All Good Again

But I'm Too Young To Be Married!

Woohyun's POV:

"Oppa!" I heard a voice call out to me which I returned with a smile.

"Annyeong~" I greeted her as she caught up to me. "Let's see...What is your favorite color?" I tested.

"Navy blue~ I've always loved it. It's like...the only color that looks good on me anyway," she laughed lightly and pointed to her cardigan which was in navy blue.

I nodded in approval.

"You've done well," I patted her head. "You're getting better."

"Thank you, Oppa~" Anise blushed and giggled. "You've helped me a lot these past six months."

I grinned back and patted her arm.

"You're most welcome. As a thank you, I want you do me a favor, neh?" I took her hand.

Anise and I had become fast friends after our first encounter.

It was fun to teach her to speak Korean more fluently and she also helped me with my English.

We were awkward and unsure of how to communicate at first with the language barrier, but we managed and it only got easier from there.

I was happy...

'I think I've finally found someone worth treasuring again....' I smiled to myself as I remembered that day:

"......" I took in the air from the rooftop of the school and gazed without meaning.

"Annyeonghaseyo..." a soft voice came from behind me. "Mianhae...I did not know that this spot was already taken..."

"Ani," I shook my head and patted the space next to me. "Come sit."

We sat in silence the two of us until I broke it with a sudden sneeze.

"ACHOOO" I sniffed and took out my handkerchief.

"........." I caught Anise staring at me.

"Wae....Did I look odd?" I became self-conscious.

"Ani...." she stared at the piece of fabric in my hand. "She must have been special to you, very special...."

"Neh....but.....It's useless. I hopelessly dream but it will never become a reality," I opened up to her.

"Tell me about it? I'm a good listener. Although I might not be able to understand everything, since I am still inexperienced in the language, I'd still like to hear about it."

"I suppose I can trust you with my secret. You are becoming a close friend of mine." I sighed as I looked at the beat up cloth I always carried around. "Her name is Minami...Lee Minami...."

"Sungjong's wife?" I heard her inquire but there was no tone of surprise or disgust in it.

"Neh....I met her before she and Sungjong were engaged...I accidently bumped into her and she spilled her juice over me. It was love at first sight but she was in a hurry to get to class. Out of her kind heart, she left me with this handkerchief. I always watched her from afar. I never knew her name or anything about her until I met her as Sungjong's fiance. My heart was torn. She was someone I longed for, but it never went anywhere. I tried being just an 'oppa' to her...but I still got hurt in the end, especially when Min Ki was brought into the world. I think he's the most adorable boy, but it proved to me, that Minami would never be mine and I had trouble with comprehending that until it happened....and now, I just sit here thinking about things and contemplating on the past. It's stupid, I know...I'm a babo..." I hung my head as I told my tale.

".............." Anise didn't say anything for awhile and just silently took in everything. "I see....although I'm not sure of anything myself...I do know that you're not a babo. You're not stupid. Loving someone....that's not something to be ashamed about, ever. You gave it your all and I'm sure she appreciated it having you around...but love is love. Sometimes, you don't choose who you fall in love with. It just...happens. Like for you, you fell in love at first sight...but in the end, something happened that made her fall in love with Sungjong and not you. I think...everyone has their destined person, and you weren't for her as she wasn't for you. There's someone out there for you, you just need to recollect yourself and find her. She's there, and she's waiting for you to come sweet her off her feet..."

I stared blankly at her. I basically understood none of it. She spoke a majority of the time in English since she wasn't advanced in the language but I had a feeling she got the jist of what my story was and was offering me some advice.

There was a part I did fully understand.

'There's someone out there for you, you just need to recollect yourself and find her. She's there, and she's waiting for you to come sweet her off her feet...'

I repeated the sentence in my head.

'She's telling me that we weren't meant for eachother...and that there's someone out there that's meant for me. She's right.'

I looked at her again and she gave me a smile.

I swear...the world stopped for a second and I wish I had a camera to capture the moment.

The light that poured from behind her and the wind that rustled her hair messily complimented her dazzling smile.

I stood and carefully ran my thumb across the worn fabric that I had treasured so dearly for so long.

'Goodbye Minami, my first love. May you find happiness with Sungjong, unburdened by me and live happily.'

I walked to the trashcan that was near the door to the stairs leading back inside and looked one last time before gently tossing the handkerchief into it.

I waved over my shoulder without looking back at Anise as I headed down the stairs in alone.

'I feel free....' I shed a single tear and confidently strode on.

"A favor?" Anise's voice broke my thoughts.

"Neh," I carefully took an elaborate envelope out from my bag and held it up. "Attend the wedding with me?"

"I don't know, Oppa...." Anise scratched her head in confusion. "I'm not for this wedding. Minami and Sungjong were meant to be. I don't understand why they had the divorce six months ago and now he's getting married to her older twin sister..."

I sighed and carefully folded the invitation.

"I agree...but Sungjong is my member...my dongsaeng. I can't skip out on this...Please. I'd like it for you to come with me."

"Arasseo.." She finally agreed and pinched my cheeks.

"Ow...wae??!" I yelped and massaged the places she'd hurt.

"You looked to desperate. It was adorable," She laughed as she headed to class. "Catch you later~"

'Not if I catch you first,' I smiled as I watched her leave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minami's POV:

I stared silently and hesitantly the lavender-colored invitation.

"Don't look at that crap, Minami," Myungsoo-Oppa took it from me and tossed it aside.

I sighed.

It's been six months.

It wasn't easy, but Sungjong and I agreed to sign the divorce papers.

Within a week Unni came and took my place in the house I used to call my own with Sungjong.

I was shocked.

She did look exactly like I did except for her disability of being in a wheelchair.

She was sweet, pretty, and nice.

She was the duplicate version of me.

It ....when the person who's "stealing" your love can't be hated.

I'd been spending a lot of time with Myungsoo-Oppa and he took the empty spot of being Min Ki's father when Sungjong wasn't around.

I felt comfortable with him, he takes care of me and Min Ki really well, but there will be no one other than Sungjong who makes my heart flutter.

I won't love anyone else and Myungsoo-Oppa and I have talked about it once in which we established that we'd be best friends rather than lovers.

"I can't believe, Min Ki's birthday is coming up so soon," I gently ruffled the baby's hair before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Ummmmmmmaaaaa" I gurgled and smiled at me.

"Aigoooo...so cute," I laughed at him and nuzzled his nose.

"Appa! Appa! Appa!" He suddenly wriggled from me and crawled over to Myungsoo-Oppa.

I smiled sadly.

"Myungsoo-Oppa isn't your Appa..." I quietly said to myself.

"Aigoo!" Myungsoo-Oppa caught the baby in his arms and stood. "Ready for airplane?" He cooed and gently began throwing Min Ki in the air before firmly catching him.

Min Ki squealed with delight and after a few more rounds snuggled into the crook of Myungsoo-Oppa's neck and arms in a deep sleep.

"Thank you," I smiled as he put Min Ki in his cradle.

"You're welcome." He came and sat next to me.

"........." I sat in deep thought.

"No." Myungsoo-Oppa answered.

"Neh?" I asked, a bit suprised.

"Wae..." He sighed. "You're not seriously going to go to the wedding are you Minami? You're going to ruin yourself if you see the man you love marrying another woman. And at that, a woman who looks a lot like you."

"I know," I softly responded. "But I still would like to see his face..."

"Aish," Myungsoo-Oppa huffed. "Arasseo. I'll take you, but only because I know you won't be changing your mind on the matter..."

"Thank you," I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a deep breath as I entered the church.

Thank goodness it was a different one than the one Sungjong and I got married in...

I don't know what I'd do if it was.

My heart is already hurting like this......

"Thank you for attending the wedd-" I turned my head as someone greeted me.

"Oppa," I whispered as the words caught up in my throat.

"Minami," He looked at me with sad eyes. "I miss you," he leaned in the whisper to me in my ear. "I'm so sorry. I haven't been there for you and Min Ki for a period of time..."

"I understand," I replied in a hushed tone and let him hold Min Ki for a bit before I took him back and averted my eyes as I walked into the sanction area.

"Are you okay?" Myungsoo-Oppa patted my shoulder.

"I don't know," I honestly said back.

"You don't want to say hello to your sister?" He raised an eyebrow.

'...I totally forgot...I still can't get used to the fact that I have a sister...a twin sister...an unni...'

"I'll go now," I shoved Min Ki at Myungsoo-Oppa and slipped out of the room.

"Unni..." I quietly knocked on her door.

"Minami!" She cried as she saw my face and I went over to her for her to hug me.

"You look beatiful, Shinae" I uttered her name for the first time.

"You don't need to call me that..." She laughed and I hide my torn heart as I saw her cheeks become rosy red. "Unni is fine."

"I see," I could feel myself tearing up.

"Minami..." Unni's face fell as she saw my tears.

"I'm sorry. This is your wedding day.....but....."

"You know....I don't understand something," Unni wheeled her way over to the makeup stand.

"Eh?" I answered.

"You and I haven't had much bonding time as sisters....I don't understand exactly why. We're twins...sisters...we should have used these six months to become close as ever and find out everything about each other. But instead, we were still torn apart while I lived with Sungjong and you went your own way to live by yourself and Min Ki."

"And?" I wasn't sure where this conversation was going.

"Truthfully...." Unni wheeled around with a sparkle in her eye.

"Unni?" I frowned a bit.

She snapped her fingers an suddenly I was being heaved up by a pair of strong arms.

"Where are you taking me?" I thrashed a bit as I was stuffed into a dressing room.

"My dear Minami. You don't seriously think I was going to marry your dear husband," I heard Unni call out from behind the curtain.

"Wae?" I asked confused and dizzily as I turned around and saw a wedding gown in front of me.

"You know...I really wish that we had more time together so we could have planned this together, but since you weren't around, I had to take matters into my own hands. I honestly felt like maybe I'd get something out of being married to Sungjong...being a cripple and being unwanted. I felt, for once in my life, someone would accept me and love me. I kept him to myself for three months before I realized that he was just being nice and sympathetic towards me. I know he never loved me and that he never would. And I was sad for a bit....but I found through that sadness, my own love."

"Unni?" I peeked out from behind the curtain to see a man with her. "Hoya?" I almost yelled. 

"Neh Minami," he gave me a pearly white grin and Unni smiled at him.

"Oppa found me when I was most miserable. I thought that it wasn't possible and that not even an arranged marriage would give me love. I was going to give a lot up before he came into my life and asked me to be his..."

"Your sister is a wonderful person, just like you," Hoya leaned down to kiss her cheeks. "And I love her. There is not way I was going to let her marry my dongsaeng anyway."

"Hurry Minami!" Unni made me change into the gown hurridly and barked orders as I was surrounded my last minute makeup and hair sessions.

"Sungjong is in for a surprise." She gave a small smirk. "You just need to do as your told..." and leaned in to tell me the plan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungjong's POV:

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck as the last of the guests filed in.

'I hate this...I don't want to be married again to someone new.....I love Minami....when can I get her back....'

I lamely trudged to the head at the alter and dreaded the cue for the music to start.

Everyone stood to look at Shinae as she wheeled down the aisle alongside her father.

I care for Shinae, but I care for her because she's my beloved Minami's twin sister.

There are no other feelings there.

I tried to spot Minami within the crowd, but failed and instead saw Myungsoo-Hyung with Min Ki.

'Odd...I wonder where she is...' I didn't have much time to think anymore though for Shinae was in front of me.

I reached out and took her hands in mine and waited for the priest to begin his blessings.

"We are here today....To celebrate the marriage of Lee Sungjong and Shin Shinae...."

'Oh god.......' I closed my eyes and inwardly groaned. 'This isn't what I want....not at all..Minami....'

"If anyone should have any reason to object to this marriage..speak now...or forever hold your peace..."

The crowd was silent, a signal for the priest to go on.

"I object," I voice rang out and I looked around to see who the person was only to find that it came from Shinae's mouth herself.

"B-b-b-bride....." The priest fumbled for words as she took off her veil and threw it on the ground.

"I object," She repeated, her voice ringing clear amongst the horrified gasps and whispers from the guests. "This marriage isn't going to work out."

'Did she really?' I couldn't comprehend what was going on.

"Sungjong," Shinae turned to me and smiled. "I know. This isn't what you want, or what I want. I did think for a time that perhaps we could grow to love each other. I was craving for love because I'm like this," she gestured towards her wheelchair and crippled self. "But I know you don't love me. You love my sister, Minami. And I don't love you either. I love Hoya." She blushed and waved to him.

"What is going on?" Haraboji roared as he stood up.

"Haraboji," Shinae respectfully bowed her head. "Mianhae. Please try to understand. This is nothing against your or Halmeoni's wishes. But this is something that just isn't right. The two are in love, just as I am in love with Hoya. There's no reason for Sungjong and I to be married."

"...................." Haraboji didn't reply.

"And so," Shinae smiled as she wheeled herself out of the way, "I give you your bride."

I rubbed my eyes in confusion as I saw a new white figure approach me.

"Minami?" I whispered as she stood in front of me.

"Neh," she whispered back.

"We're getting married...again?" I chuckled, amused.

"I suppose so...it doesn't make sense...." she agreed. "I have no idea what these six months were for...."

"I don't either...but I do know, that things are going to be okay again," I took her hands and squeezed them in assurance.

The priest cleared his throat and hesitantly began again.

We said our vows again.

We exchanged rings again.

And we had our 'first kiss' again.

And then we were married.

Again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Well....this is awkward. I actually...really had no idea what I was doing in the last chapter and I had to get myself out of it .-.

I think...I wasn't thinking. I was just writing and it seemed like a good idea at the time until I thought about it more again and I went. "WTF DID I JUST DO TO MY FANFIC?!?!?!?!?"

I feel like I just needed to weasel myeslf out of it and this was the best option.

-scratches head- Unni came on the the scene so suddenly and now she's got a big role, hahahahahahaha. awwwwkwarddddddd.

But hey, things turned out well, no? We can all carry on ^.^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, you for viewing "But I'm Too Young To Be Married" Please comment ~ ^.^