Will My Son Accept Me?

But I'm Too Young To Be Married!

Sungjong's POV:

"Come here Min Ki, come to appa!" I clapped my hands and held them out to Min Ki who was on the floor playing with his toys.

".........." I recieved an odd stare from him.

".........." I stared back with intensity. 'Two can play this game! I tied with Hoya-Hyung in a staring contest.'

".........."

".........."

"What are you doing?" Minami broke the silent argument and swept Min Ki into her arms.

"I don't even know," I scratched the back of my head. "I just wanted him to come to me and he just sat there staring at me as if I were stupid enough to ask him to do me the favor of it."

"You're having a staring contest.....with a two-year-old?!?!?" Minami sounded horrified.

"Mianhae..." I mumbled and heaved myself off the floor. "I just want him to remember me more. I want to be closer to him. He IS my son, you know."

"Well maybe instead of just sitting around and waiting for him to come to you, you should go to him. Here," She the child into my arms and headed toward the kitchen. "I needed to take the cake out anyway!" She yelled over her shoulder.

I stared at the baby boy who was squirming in my arms.

"I can't believe you're already two....." I held on firmly but his hair gently.

It's official.

My child is now two and we're holding his birthday party today.

It's been an interesting first year though...

We've gone through a lot together as a small family.

I've been trying my best to be a good appa and everything, but for some odd reason, he just doesn't accept that I'm his father.

"Little one...when will you call me 'appa'..." I sadly thought out loud.

"DINGDONG!"

"I've got it!" I told Minami while she iced the cake.

"Thanks."

I put Min Ki down and held his hand, helping him walk to the door.

"Do you know who's on the other side?" I asked him.

He shook his head.

"Do you know what today is?"

He silently nodded.

"What day is it then?" I prodded.

"Min Ki's birthday..." He quiestly responded.

I tried to surpress my wide smile I felt creep to my face.

'He's talking to me! He finally said something to me rather than giving me a blank stare!'

"Well, I think we should open this door to find out who's there. Perhaps a birthday surprise?"

I turned the knob and swung the door open.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!" Infinite cheered.

Min Ki looked at them with wide eyes and for a second I thought he might cry out of being too overwhelmed.

However he took a few seconds of staring before breaking out into a shy little grin:

(Min Ki)

"APPA!" He squealed and ran into the arms of L-Hyung.

'....figures....' I nearly collapsed on the floor.

"Hello there little one, how are you?" L-Hyung chuckled and gave Min Ki a kiss on his cheek.

"Good." Min Ki shyly responded.

"Do I get a hug?" Dongwoo-Hyung stepped forward and opened his arms.

Min Ki took stared at Dongwoo-Hyung and then awkwardly shuffled to him.

"Aigooooooo, you're precious!" Dongwoo-Hyung gushed and squished Min Ki into a hug.

"YAH!" Sungyeol-Hyung quickly took Min Ki away from Dongwoo-Hyung. "What are you going to do if you suffocate him?!?!? HUH?!?!?"

"I wasn't!" Dongwoo-Hyung pouted.

"You still should be careful...." Hoya-Hyung gave me a little wave as he helped wheel in Shinae.

"That's right," Sunggyu-Hyung nodded.

"Are your grandparents coming?" Woohyun-Hyung eyed me.

"Ani. They dropped by earlier to give Min Ki his gifts and to visit." I explained.

"We also brought a gift!" A short woman popped out from behind Woohyun-Hyung.

"EH? Who is this person?" I was shocked at the sudden revealing of this unknown person.

"Yah, don't be rude." Woohyun-Hyung gave me a death glare. "This is Anise. She goes to our college and she's originally from the U.S.A. She was my date to your....second wedding and she is also my girlfriend. Have some respect please."

"Wow...Daebak Hyung....." My eyes widened.

"Annyeong~" Anise smiled and gave me a cute peace sign for a greeting.

"Neh," I awkwardly bowed in return.

"Welcome," Minami appeared by my side and slipped her arm through mine.

"Thanks for having us over," Hoya-Hyung bowed his head.

"Ani, you will always be warmly welcome here," she smiled back and then gave Shinae a kiss on the cheek. "Unni, how are you?"

"Quite fine, thank you," Shinae laughed and poked at her dongsaeng's face. "Aigoo...how is it that my lovely dongsaeng is already married and has a two-year-old child before me? I mean, we're practically each other since we're twins!"

"Wae," Minami softly laughed back and smiled. "Please, come in."

I helped usher in people and then turned around to see Min Ki in full conversation with L-Hyung.

"Umma told me she'd make me a nice cake. It's chocolate with chocolate frosting and then more chocolate. I like chocolate." He blabbered.

"I like chocolate too," L-Hyung gave a hearty laugh and then ruffled Min Ki's hair. "Let's go little one. Everyone is waiting for you the birthday boy!"

"Appa.."

"Ani," L-Hyung shook his head. "It's time we have a small talk. You see, I'm not really your appa. You're appa is over there." He gently took Min Ki by the shoulders and faced him towards me and then pointed.

"Wae?" Min Ki looked confused.

"You see," L-Hyung tried to explain in simple terms. "Something happened while you were still in your umma's tummy. It caused sadness for both umma and your appa and they could not see each other for a long time. I helped take care of your umma during their time apart. But now all things are good and so umma and appa are back together."

"Oh." Min Ki stared and blinked at me.

'Here goes nothing...' I took a deep breath internally and spread my arms as I squatted to the floor.

"Appa...? Appa....Appa....APPA!" Min Ki started off slowly as he processed before breaking into a lopsided smile and running towards me.

"Hello little one," I smiled back as I caught him. "I'm glad you've come to me."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Hello all my wonderful and dedicated readers! I am so sorry for not updating for the past few days but I have been busy with getting back to school and just getting back into the whole swing of things.

I also apologize for releasing such a short and small chapter when I did have the chance to write a bit.

I'm thinking of ending this series soon....It is shame, for I would really have liked to extend it further, but I feel that it has come to a point where there is nothing I can put in. It's at it's "happily ever after" stage and there's really no other option unless I do something drastic like Min Ki getting kidnapped or whatever O_O

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, you for viewing "But I'm Too Young To Be Married" Please comment ~ ^.^