What if....

My Angel

 

I stopped by a convenience store near the CUBE studio to get something to eat. I don’t usually eat breakfast, but since Hyuna is hungry, I might as well eat something too.

“Do you want to wait here?” I asked her. She looked at me innocently.

“Can I follow?” she said. I assume she’s still scared of her own surroundings. I just nodded. We got out and enter the store.

“Find something to eat and I’ll pay okay?” I said. She nodded. As I walked, I was half expecting her to move around on her own but she was following me wherever I go. Seeing that she don’t seem to know what to buy, I took some cream breads and biscuits for her. As for drink, I just went with a bottle of chilled mineral water.

“Is this okay?” I asked her. She just nodded. I paid for the items and we went back to the car. She ate hurriedly in the car that I was afraid she might choke. The moment we reached the studio, she had already finished two packets of the cream breads I bought. She must be really hungry.

I turned to her to unlock her seatbelt when I noticed a smudge of cream by the side of her lips. I chuckled softly before wiping it carefully with my thumb. I didn’t have any tissue or handkerchief so I just it. Vanilla. Nice.

She tailed behind me as I walked into the studio to be greeted warmly by the secretary there. I just smiled and continued walking.

“Excuse me miss but you can’t enter here,” I heard Doojoon’s voice behind me. I turned and saw that Hyuna was stopped by the entrance and Doojoon happened to be walking in. he must have thought Hyuna was just another fan that wanted to go in.

“Doojoon, she’s with me,” I said simply, taking Hyuna’s hand from his grip. Doojoon looked at me suspiciously.

Without any hesitation, he blurted out. “She’s your girlfriend?”

“Aniyo.. I’ll explain later. Can we go in first?” I said. Doojoon nodded hesitantly and we went to the dance studio where all the other members are already getting prepared.

As expected, all of them turned to me as I walked in with Hyuna. Yoseob was the first one to approach us at the door while Doojoon went straight in.

“Junhyung, who’s this?” he asked. Unconsciously, Hyuna hid behind me with me hand still holding onto hers. Is she scared?

I looked over my shoulder and Hyuna looked at me. “Its okay Hyuna. He’s nice,” I said.

Yoseob titled his head slightly to peek at Hyuna. “Annyeong! I’m Yoseob!” he greeted cheerfully.

Hyuna came out from behind me slowly. Her grip on my hand tightens and her other hand held on my arm. The other members came to approach us. Only Doojoon was at the corner of the studio, drinking water.

“Hyuna, these are my friends. We’re in the same group.” I introduced them one by one and Hyuna just smiled to them, nodding a little from time to time.

“Yah yah.. Didn’t you say you wanted to explain when we get in? So who is she?” Doojoon said from the other end of the room.

“Err yeah.. about that.. can we practice first? I’ll tell you during break time,” I said. Its not that I’m stalling for time but it is a very complicated and long story. It would certainly take up our precious time.

“Stop making excuses Junhyung. How long can a story take? The most is half an hour. Its still early anyway..” he said. I can never win with Doojoon. That explains why he’s the leader.

“Fine..” I gave in and went to sit on the floor, leaning on the wall with Hyuna. Doojoon and the rest sat infront of me as if I was about to make a confession. I feel like I’m in a court right now, pleading my case.

“Yesterday when I was going home I saw Hyuna alone at some dark alley. I already saw her, I can’t just leave her there right? So I brought her home,” I started.

“You brought her home???” Gikwang shouted. The others had their mouths wide open.

“Let me finish. She didn’t know where she was from nor where she lives okay? Then what was I supposed to do?” I sighed.

“Then what do you plan to do now?” Doojoon asked. I glanced at Hyuna. She was just looking on the ground with her knees to her chest. She was fiddling with her fingers the whole time I was talking.

“I guess I’ll check the missing people list at the policestation. Maybe her family is looking for her. She doesn’t know anything except her own name,” I replied.

“Maybe she had amnesia?” Yoseob said.

I nodded. “I thought so too. So maybe if I find her family, they would know what to do.”

“What if she’s not in the missing list?” Dongwoon asked. I remained quiet. Do I let her stay with me forever? We are not even related. If not, where would she go?

“Then… I guess… she’ll…”

“Stay with you? Are you crazy?!” Doojoon cut me off.

“I didn’t say that!” I defended myself.

“Well what is it that you’re gonna say huh? Is that not it??” he scolded.

I pouted slightly and stared on the floor.

“Yong Junhyung, if she’s a guy, I don’t mind. If we’re not idols, I don’t mind. But she’s not and we are. You know what will happen if the media gets hold of this information,” Doojoon said.

“Can I just say.. she’s my cousin?” I said carefully. I myself am not sure where this situation is going. I looked up at the rest of the members.

“I guess… we can do that..” Doojoon said slowly. “But that is only if she’s not in the missing people list!” he reminded me. I nodded.

Why do I feel that I don’t want her to be in the list? I just met her yesterday. I only know her name. But why do I feel heavy, thinking that I have to let her go?

Doojoon clapped his hands twice. “Okay we’ll better start practicing now. Let’s go guys!” he said while standing up.

The others stood up while I scooted next to Hyuna. She looked up at me.

“I’m sorry to be such a trouble to you,” she said.

“Hey don’t say that. You’re not. I’ll help you no matter what happens okay?” I cupped her chin gently. She nodded as she pouted.

“I’m going to practice now. Can you wait for me here? We’ll have lunch together,” I said, smiling. She smiled back and nodded.

I stood up and went to the other guys. Yoseob approached me.

“You seemed like you really care for her,” he said. I just smiled. I do care for her. But why?

 

~SUBSCRIBE && COMMENT~