Doubts

My Angel

Junhyung’s POV

The past few days had been quite packed since we are busy finishing up our preparations for the comeback. I didn’t get to meet her yet after our last meeting at the playground. At times when I have breaks, I would just text her to ask what she was doing or just simply ask about her well being. Sounds romantic and sweet and all the things listed in love stories right? Wrong.

 

She replies my messages short and simple. If she’s busy, she would not reply at all until late night. We don’t share those lovey dovery type of messages or conversations. Of course, since we’re just friends. Its harder than I thought to get through her. She’s one tough cookie.

 

We just ended our jacket photoshoot and we changed to our normal clothes, getting ready to go for lunch –or early dinner. I took out my phone, expecting a surprise message or missed call from her but there’s none. I don’t even know why I always expect to see things like that whenever I switched on my phone when the result is always the same. Nothing.

 

“Junhyung-ah, let’s go,” Yoseob called me as all of us had gotten ready to go off. I nodded and sling my bag over my shoulders, walking heading to the parked van with the others.

 

“Why do you keep looking at your phone?” Yoseob asked.

 

I looked up blurly. “Huh? Oh nothing.”

 

“Expecting a call?” he raised an eyebrow.

 

I sighed. “Ahni.. Yoseob-ah.. Do you think I should message her?”

 

“For?”

 

“Just.. asking what she’s doing,” I said, biting my lower lip slightly.

 

“Okay…. Why not?” he said as if nothing was wrong.

 

“But I don’t want to be irritating. Like I’m always asking her what she was doing, how was her day,… You know all those stuffs,” I said.

 

“Well from what you have told me about her, I think she’s the type who will be very straightforward about things she don’t like. If she finds it irritating, she will either tell you or she’ll not reply you at all. If she does, it means she doesn’t mind. From what I think..” Yoseob said.

 

I nodded, half agreeing what Yoseob said. I mean I don’t really know her so we can’t be sure that she’s like that.

 

In the end we got into the van and I forced myself to not message her. I feel that I need to give her some.. space?

 

We arrived at a small food stall where there were just one or two customers around. We sat around a table and ordered our meals.

 

We were busy chatting away when I looked around and something caught my attention. Somewhere at the corner, a girl was eating alone with her back facing us. She doesn’t look at all familiar but my attention was just on her. I noticed that she was eating rather slowly, at times playing with her noodle by twirling the fork in the bowl again and again lazily.

 

All of a sudden I just had the urge to confirm that its not someone I know. I took out my phone and dialed Hyuna’s number. My eyes were fixated on the girl and to my surprise, at the 3rd ring, the girl went to take out her phone from her jacket pocket.

 

“Hello?” Hyuna answered. I blinked a few times as the girl was talking on the phone too.

 

“Junhyung hello~?” For some reason I was frozen. I didn’t expect to see her here.

 

“Yah if you don’t answer me now, I’m hanging up,” she said and that immediately unfroze me.

 

“Wait wait! I’m here,” I laughed awkwardly.

 

“What took you so long..” she mumbled.

 

“Erm.. What are you doing now?” I asked.

 

“Eating,” she replied.

 

“At home?”

 

“No, at some cave,” she said sarcastically.

 

“Yah…”

 

“In a shop, Yong Junhyung. Why…?” she answered lazily.

 

I got up slowly and walked towards the girl. I’m pretty sure now that its her. I held the phone to my ear, not saying anything.

 

“What’s wrong with you today? Are you like, distracted or something?” she asked when I kept quiet.

 

I tapped her shoulder lightly and she turned around. Her eyes widened slightly seeing me infront of her.

 

“W-what.. How.. Huh?” she stuttered.

 

I chuckled and took the seat across her. “I called just to confirm its you,” I said smiling.

 

“Did I say you can sit?” she said seriously. As if on reflex, I immediately stood up.

 

She chuckled and shook her head. “You’re very innocent huh..” she said.

 

“Um.. So can I sit here?” I asked warily.

 

She smiled and nooded. “So what are you doing here?” I asked as she continued eating.

 

“Building a house,” she said casually without looking up.

 

“Why are you being so sarcastic all of a sudden?” I asked instead.

 

“I’m most sarcastic when I’m bored,” she grinned.

 

“Why are you alone here? And please answer straight,” I said.

 

She chuckled. “Coz my friends are all at home having dinner with their family while my brother is out with his friends. So yeah. I’m here.”

 

“Why didn’t you call me? I can eat with you,” I said.

 

“Seriously? Even my friends and brother who’s not a celebrity are busy, what’s more you?” she said. I remained silent.

 

“Besides, wouldn’t it be weird for me to suddenly call you and say, hey! Can you accompany me to eat coz I’m a loner,” she said.

 

“You’re not a loner. You have friends,” I said.

 

“Well I am now,” she mumbled and poked at her noddles. “What are you doing here anyway? Aren’t you supposed to be singing and dancing and whatever it is that you do?”

 

“I have to eat too, don’t I?” I said. She just nodded.

 

“Do you mind if I eat with you?” I said when she just kept quiet.

 

“Yeah. I mean sure, I don’t mind. But you’d probably finish first,” she said.

 

“Why? Is it not nice?” I gestured to the noddles.

 

“Its okay. I just don’t feel like eating but I have to so I won’t starve to death,” she said simply.

 

“Bad day?”

 

She sighed and shook her head. “Just.. a busy day. Assignments here and there.”

 

“Go and buy your food,” she said. I suddenly then remembered that I was with the other members and I turned to see them eating already.

 

“I’ll be back,” I said to her and went to our table.

 

“Oh look who’s here! Done flirting?” Doojoon said.

 

“Sorry… Um.. Can I eat with her?” I asked Jin Taek hyung. He sighed heavily and just nodded.

 

“But be quick. Or you’ll take a cab home. Half an hour,” he said. I nodded happily and took my food and coke.

 

“Those are the restof Beast?” she asked as I sat down.

 

“Yup!” I smiled, opening my can.

 

“I thought there’s only 6 of you?”

 

“Oh the one that looked older than the others is our manager,” I said. She just nodded.

 

She glanced to the back slightly and turned back to her food. “Which one is Dongwoon?” she asked.

 

I was quite surprised by her question and was feeling uneasy to tell her. I mean Dongwoon’s looks just have a way to the girls hearts you know.

 

“Why did you ask?” I asked instead.

 

“Coz my friends said he’s a male..god?” she said. I chuckled slightly.

 

“Yeah that’s he’s nickname. He’s the one wearing the grey shirt,” I said and she turned to look.

 

“Ah..” she nodded.

 

“Interested?”

 

“He’s okay.. But probably not my type,” she said. My heart did so many flips hearing what she said. If only I can record it and play it again and again.

 

We chatted while eating and her mood slowly changed into a happier one which made me happy as well. Glad I know now that I’m not being irritating.

 

We finished eating at about the same time and the boys were already preparing to leave.

 

“Can I send you back home?” I asked, as we stood up from our seats.

 

“Oh no its okay. You go back with your members. I’m fine on my own,” she said with a smile.

 

“Are you sure? They won’t mind if I give you a ride,” I tried again.

 

“No no its okay. Thanks for accompanying me eat tonight. See you… some other time,” she said and waved at me before walking off. I saw her turning to the boys who some were looking at her and she just smiled and bowed slightly. The boyd that saw her did the same and she went off.

 

“Yah Junhyung-ah! Let’s go,” Hyunseung called me over. I just nodded. Failed again.

 

 


So I decided to make this day a special day to so called celebrate B2st's new song and all kill and FIRST WIN WITHOUT PROMOTIONS and also 4minute's great succes with their comeback :)) If you are subscribed to more than one of my on-going fics, you would know that I updated all my fics in one shot. Heee~ Hope you guys enjoy all the updates^^ And don't forget to comment! :D