What is Love?

My Angel

 

I went off to work leaving Hyuna with Yoseob and Hyunseung in the house. I’m sure she will start asking either of them about the question I asked her just now. I’m seriously looking forward to their answers.

No one’s POV

Hyuna wandered around the house looking for things she could help with. Hyunseung was too focused in the kitchen doing the dishes and wiping the tables that she didn’t dare to disturb him. The house was quiet with the other four guys out on their schedules. She walked to the room Yoseob and Dongwoon shared. She knocked on the door even though the door was open. Yoseob looked up from his laptop and welcomed her in. She walked in happily and sat beside him on the bed.

“What are doing?” Hyuna asked.

“Checking out our fansites and pictures that fans take of us,” he said and grinned cutely.

She chuckled and looked through the pictures with him. Yoseob finished scrolling through a set of his pictures and it was followed by Junhyung’s. She looked at the photos admiringly as she tilted her head slightly to the side. Junhyung looked serious and doesn’t smile much unlike Yoseob. He almost seemed unapproachable which made her wonder why he was so different in real life. Suddenly his question appeared in her head.

“Yoseob, what’s love?” she asked innocently, still looking at the picture in the laptop.

Yoseob turned to her confused. He wanted to ask why she suddenly thought of the question but chose to push it aside. “Love is different for everyone. For me, I think you know you feel that you love someone when he makes you happy everytime he’s around,” he explained.

She nodded, absorbing the explanation. “I’m happy when you’re around. does it mean I love you?” she said.

Yoseob was caught off guard. “N-no.. erm.. It’s like.. a different kind of happiness. Its like.. um..” He stuttered while Hyuna just waited. Yoseob knows Hyuna doesn’t love him. She just don’t understand the term well enough. Or rather, he didn’t explain good enough.

“I think you should ask the other guys for a better explanation,” he resort to say.

“Wae? Is your explanation wrong?”

“Its not wrong.. its just.. not clear enough,” he said. She nodded and smiled at him. They continued looking at more pictures when Yoseob’s phone rang. Giving him some personal space, Hyuna went out of his room. She went to the living room and found Hyunseung sitting on the couch, zoning out into the open space. Quietly, she took a seat beside him.

Feeling her presence, Hyunseung snapped out from his 4D world and looked at her blurly. “Hello,” she said smiling.

“Oh. Hi!” he replied when he’s really back to reality.

“Are you busy?” she asked.

“Not really. Wae?”

“What is love Hyunseung?” she asked.

“Love is when you feel something for a person and you don’t feel it for anyone else. Just for that person only,” he said confidently. Hyuna’s eyebrows ceased in the middle and she just stared at him. Hearing no response from her, he turned to face her.

“I don’t understand..” she said softly, shaking her head.

“I know. You can only understand it when you feel it,” he said. Hyuna nodded slowly and decided to just ask the rest.

“Why aren’t you watching anything?” she asked, changing the topic.

“I’m too tired to even watch anything. Cleaning the kitchen is so tiring!” he complained.

Hyuna chuckled. “I’ll help you the next time you’re cleaning okay? Just tell me!” she said smiling.

His eyes widened and he smiled widely. “Really?? you will help me?”

She nodded. “Aww that’s so sweet! Okay! We’ll clean together the next time,” he said.

“I think I wanna take another shower. Feels so sticky after cleaning..” he mumbled and went to the bathroom. Just then, the front door opened, revealing Gikwang.

“Hey,” she greeted him. He replied back with his eyesmile and walked towards her.

“Are you doing anything?” he asked as he stood beside her. Hyuna thought for awhile and shook her head.

“Wnna follow me to the gym?” he asked cheerfully. She was about to say that she don’t have any gym clothes when she remembered Junhyung buying for her during their shopping spree a month back. She nodded excitedly.

 

After changing and getting all the necessary things, they were off to the gym. First they went to the treadmill to warm up. Gikwang was used to walking on the treadmill with the speed at level 4 while Hyuna is still new and she can only walk at level 1.

He thought her some basic things about the equipments and Hyuna just followed him. It was nice to have a company since he has always been going to the gym alone. He was off to lift some weights so Hyuna just sat on one of the big bouncing balls and watched him. He laid down on the mattress and lifted the lighter ones first.

“Gikwang-ah.. Can you answer me when you’re lifting weights?” she asked.

He chuckled. “Yeah.. Wae?”

“What is love?”

“Hm.. what..is.. love..” he said slowly as he continued lifting up and down the weight.

“Love can be for many things. Which one are you referring to?” he said, panting slightly.

“Oh? I’m not sure.. Junhyung asked me to ask all of you what is love when I told him that you taught me the meaning of some feelings,” she explained.

Suddenly a smile spread widely across his face. “Ahh.. that kind of love..”

He placed the weight on the ground and turned to her. “Love is when you want the person to be always around you. It’s when you feel slightly jealous when other people is more closer to that person than you are. Its almost as if you want the person to be yours only,” he said and grinned.

Hyuna was quite surprised by the detailed explanation by Gikwang but just nodded. That was by far the most clearest explanation she has every gotten. “So if I’m jealous that you are close with Yoseob, I love you?”

“Um.. no.. I er.. Why not you ask the others?” he smiled nervously. She chuckled.

“Okay. But thanks for the first explanation. I think I kind of get it..” They continued gym-ing for a little while more and decided to go home after that.

“I’ll take your towel for you. Don’t take so long okay? I need to shower too!” Gikwang said as they stepped into the dorm.

“Arasso~” She smiled and skipped to the bathroom. After showering, she into a pair of denim shorts and a light blue tank top. Gikwang went into the bathroom next and she walked around the house while drying her hair with a towel. She found Doojoon sitting by the counter in the kitchen.

“Oh you’re back!” she said happily walking into the kitchen.

He looked up and smiled when he saw Hyuna sitting infront of him. “Yeah but just for awhile. I need to go to another shooting later,” he said tiredly. She formed an ‘o’ with her lips and nodded.

“Where did you and Gikwang go just now?” he asked.

“How did you know?” she asked, slightly shocked.

He chuckled. “Wae? Was it supposed to be a secret?” he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Ahni.. I just didn’t see you when we came back just now,” she said.

“I was in my room when you came back. So where did you go?”

“We went to the gym!” she said happily. He chuckled seeing how happy she was just talking about going to the gym. She told him everything that she learnt from Gikwang during their time at the gym.

After her short story telling she suddenly remembered what she asked Gikwang before and decided to ask Doojoon. “Doojoon, can I ask you something?”

“Hm?”

“What is love?” she asked innocently. He chuckled. Don’t know why but he found it rather amusing.

“Did Gikwang said he loves you or something?” he smirked.

Her eyes widened. “Ahni ahni! He didn’t say that!” She was scared because based on the definitions that she got from the other guys, love seems like a heavy feeling that cannot be felt for just anyone.

“Then? What’s with the random question?” he asked.

“Junhyung told me to find out what is the meaning of love and then tell him about it because he said he doesn’t know it too,” she said.

That made him laughed out loud. “Wae…?” she asked softly.

“Aish.. Junhyung.. Junhyung..” he said to himself and shook his head.

“Well.. love can be felt for many things. You can love your friends, family, pet, things, anything,” he said.

“Its like liking something or someone but a little bit more than that. You see, when you love someone you trust them, you care for them. Its like, they mean everything to you. Losing them would make you feel.. lost. Or incomplete.”

She blinked her eyes just looking at him. It was very clear and everything was coming into place. Its like Hyunseung said, you will only understand love when you feel it.

“So basically love can’t be explained right?” she asked.

He grinned. “Clever girl!” he said, ruffling her hair.

“Sometimes you can mistake a simple infatuation for love. Its like you thought they mean everything to you but actually they don’t,” he added.

“Woah… Doojoon has become Doctor Love!” Gikwang suddenly said from behind. He walked towards them and casully took a sip of Doojoon’s drink.

“See how bad Junhyung is? He’s asking you to find an explanation that can’t be explained..” he commented.

Hyuna just pouted and nodded.

 

So here are the love explanation from the Beast members! :D Dongwoon's one will come in the next chapter. Its hard to explain love isn't it? :/

image