Is she missing?...

My Angel

 

“Okay lets take five!” Doojoon announced. I dragged myself tiredly towards Hyuna and sat down beside her. I managed a tired smile as I turned to her. She smiled back. Usually I couldn’t be bothered to do anything when I’m tired- what more smile.

“You’re good at dancing,” she praised me. I just chuckled softly.

“Thanks,” I said before gulping a bottle of water. The door opened and Gina walked in happily.

“Annyeong!” She waved at us who were all over the room. Doojoon was the first to approach her and the rest followed. I was just too tired to stand.

“What brings you here?” he asked.

“Oh nothing. I heard that you guys were practicing. So I thought I just checked you guys out for awhile,” she said.

“No work?” Yoseob asked.

She shook her head. “I’m free for today! You guys wanna have lunch?” she asked. I was just resting my forehead on my arms that was resting on my knees. I noticed from the corner of my eye that Hyuna did the same but her head was turned to me. She just watched me quietly.

“Oh! Who’s that?” I heard her ask the members. I know she was talking about Hyuna. Who else is unfamiliar to her in this room?

The members were quiet. I don’t think they really know how to explain. As usual, Doojoon answered. But not a very good answer.

“Erm.. You can ask Junhyung,” he said. I looked up tiredly, hearing my name being mentioned.

Gina was already walking towards me with a smile on her face. “Your girlfriend?” That was the first thing she said the moment she got infront of me.

“You and Doojoon should get married,” I commented remembering that it was the same thing Doojoon had asked when he first saw Hyuna. The other members behind her just laughed while Doojoon glared at me.

“Huh?” Gina said, feeling clueless. I just shook my head.

“So is she?” she asked again.

“No Gina. No….” I said irritated.

“Then?” she asked. She’s one hell of a curious kid.

“She’s… Its complicated.” I wanted to tell everything but seeing that Gina gets clueless easily, I shall just go with complicated.

She raised an eyebrow as if telling me she’s not going to go until I tell her what is complicated. She didn’t though. She just shrugged.

“If you don’t want to tell now, its okay. But when the news spread to public, I’ll get to know too,” she smiled widely. I sort of gulped a little feeling quite intimidated by what she said.

“What’s your name?” she asked Hyuna, extending out her hand to offer a friendly handshake. I looked at Hyuna and she smiled at Gina, accepting her friendly gesture.

“Hyuna,” she said.

“I’m Gina!” Gina replied cheerfully.

“FIVE MINUTES UP! Come on guys!” Doojoon called us to the center.

“Erm Gina, do you mind showing Hyuna around? Or maybe take her to the café. We’ll all go for lunch later,” I said, almost pleading to Gina.

“Arasso!” She took Hyuna’s hand to pull her up. I stood up and stopped Gina for awhile before she walked off.

“Don’t lose sight of her okay? She’s not really familiar with her surroundings yet,” I said softly. Gina looked confused but she nodded. I turned to Hyuna.

“Gina will take you back here when I’m done practicing okay? Don’t worry she’s… nice,” I said. I contemplated on using the same vague description for Gina like I did for Yoseob but there were no other words I could use to ensure her that she’s in safe hands, remembering that she hid behind me when Yoseob got near just now.

“Nice?” Gina said. I just ignored her statement and smiled to Hyuna. She smiled back and nodded.

Both of them left the dance room and it was back to practice.

 

“Where are you??” I asked agitatedly on the phone. It has been half an hour after practice and Gina was still not back yet with Hyuna. It took her 3 missed calls before she answered my call.

“I’m outside. Waeyo?” she asked calmly.

“I thought I told you practice ended half an hour ago! Why are you not back yet??” I said. I don’t know why I was feeling what I felt. She’s safe with Gina but why do I feel insecure?

“Yah Yong Junhyung! I’m your noona okay! Have some manners! Hyuna and I were already hungry waiting for all of you to finish. So we went to lunch first. Is that wrong??” she said, raising her voice a little.

I sighed, regretting for being agitated at her. Its because of her Hyuna didn’t faint from starvation. I should be thankful.

“Mianhe Gina. I didn’t know what got into me just now. I was just worried. So I guess we’ll not be having lunch together?” I asked gently.

“Gwenchana Jun. I don’t think so.. You guys have lunch by yourselves okay? I’ll bring her back when you guys are back in the studio.”

“Arasso. Thanks Gina.”

“No problem,” she said and we hung up.

“Hyung, are you okay? You sounded worried just now,” Dongwoon asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. I smiled.

“Yeah. I got a little worried when they were not back,” I said simply. Dongwoon just nodded.

“You care a little bit too much for a stranger, don’t you think Junhyung?” Doojoon said with a slight hint disapproving tone in his voice. He raised his eyebrows.

I rubbed the back of my neck, looking away from him.

“She seems very lost when I first met her. I just don’t want her to be in that state again. Nothing more,” I said confidently.

He nodded cautiously, looking me up and down. “Arasso. When we find her name in the missing people list, you don’t have to worry about these trivial things anymore.” He meant it like a suggestion but it sounded more like a warning.

“Let’s go for lunch!” Gikwang said happily, throwing his arms in the air.

 

 

We were too tired to go out so we just ordered a few boxes of pizza and ate in the resting room. Dongwoon was looking through his laptop with Gikwang beside him, eating hungrily. I don’t think these two will ever separate.

Yoseob and me were playing around with the pizza, attempting to feed each other and whose mouth can fit the biggest piece of pizza when Dongwoon called me.

“Hyung! Do you know that you can actually check the missing people list here without needing to go to the police station?” he said amazed. A slice of pizza was hanging out from my mouth while Yoseob was holding onto it as I turned.

I bite the slice off, giving the rest to Yoseob and chewed on it. “Jinja?? How?” I asked with my mouth full.

“Here here!” he said while pointing on the laptop screen. I went to the duos on the couch and looked at the screen. There were list of names shown with the heading “MISSING”. It was valid since it was from the official police website. The rest of the members also came to look at what Dongwoon showed.

“Wow. I didn’t know there were so many missing people nowadays,” Hyunseung commented. The others nodded in agreement.

“Ow ow! All of you are squeezing onto me here!” Gikwang shouted. All of us laughed seeing him being squashed under the members who came to look at the list. We break way and went to our original seats.

“Dongwoon-ah, check under the list if there’s Hyuna’s name,” I said.

“What’s her full name hyung?” he looked at me.

I sighed. “She don’t know..” I replied. “Just look for the name Hyuna and see if there’s any photos that match.”

Dongwoon nodded and started scrutinizing the list along with Gikwang helping him. I was looking at Dongwoon, waiting for the answer when suddenly I felt a thumb sliding at the corner of my mouth. I turned and saw Yoseob that was sitting beside me.

“You’re so worried about her that you didn’t even realize the smudge of tomato sauce on your mouth. Usually you’d be the one wiping your mouth after every bite,” Yoseob said with a smile. I chuckled while scratching the back of my head.

 

 

~SUBSCRIBE && COMMENT~