Your Call

My Angel

 

All of us thanked and bowed to the staffs after a long day of shooting for a talkshow. It was almost evening and all of us were dead tired. We went into the black van and head back to the dorm. Surprisingly after seeing her earlier in the day made me feel better and enable me to focus on my work. It felt like I’m given another chance to get to talk to her again. Thinking back at what happened, I just remembered that I had given my handphone number to her.

I took out my phone and stared at it. Did she call me back? What if I had missed the call and she never want to talk to me again? Or did she passed my numbers around and when I open I’m going to see numerous messages and missed calls from strangers?

“Why are you staring at your phone? Is it not yours?” Gikwang asked beside me.

“Huh? Oh no no. Its mine. I just forgot what I wanted to look for in my phone,” I said. He just nodded and went back to his own world.

I took in a deep breath and mutter any prayer I know before unlocking my phone.

1 new message.

I gulped and my heartbeat got slightly faster. I clicked opened the message and my heart almost exploded. I really didn’t think she would text me back.

With slightly shaky fingers, I replied her message. She had messaged me more than 3 hours ago. I wonder if she’ll do the same to me to reply.

Hey it Junhyung. Are you free now?

The moment I pressed ‘Send’ I realised it was stupid of me to say my own name. Of course she know its you! Why would she text you back right??

A few minutes later I got a reply. Woah that’s fast.

Yeah

That’s it. Not even a fullstop or asking why did I ask. My hope was quite dampened since my Hyuna won’t ever reply me in that way. But is she mad at me for replying so late that’s why she’s replying me this way?

Erm.. Can I call you? I’m sorry I took so long to reply. I just got off work.

I waited longer than the previous reply. I distract myself by listening to music but my eyes kept glancing at the screen if it lights up. Finally we reached back to the dorm and still no reply from her. Is this her way of saying no?

We took turns washing up and ate the takeouts Jin Taek bought for us before we got home. My phone that was beside me the whole time finally beeped. Dropping all my utensils, I opened the message.

Okay.

I got up from my seat faster than someone can say stop. I went straight to my room and shut the door, leaving my unfinished dinner.

I went back to her message and called the number. I waited pacing around my room and drumming my fingers on the nearest table.

“Hello?” she answered. Her voice. Hyuna’s voice.

“Erm.. Hello?” I said.

“Are we just going to keep exchanging hellos?” she said, irritated.

“Oh no no. Erm.. Have you had dinner?” I asked.

“Yeah. What is it that you really wanted to talk about?” she asked. Wow how stupid can you get Yong Junhyung. You didn’t even prepare what you actually wanted to ask her.

“Oh. Um.. I er.. Well you see..” I stuttered.

She sighed. “Junhyung, I can call you that right? Or do I need to call you oppa like your fans?” she said.

“Oh yeah sure sure. Junhyung’s…fine,” I said quickly.

“Okay.. Junhyung, let me just tell you one more time. I am not the person you’re looking for. Maybe she has the same name and face and maybe voice as me. But I am not her,” she said calmly and nicer in fact. Not the strict gangster chick type.

“B-but..”

“Okay tell me. How are you related to this.... Hyuna? Is she your sister? Girlfriend? Fiance?” she asked.

“She’s.. um.. she’s…” What is she? My friend? But we love each other. Is she my girlfriend then?

“She’s someone very important to me,” I eventually said.

“Wow okay I didn’t know that. I assume you were looking everywhere for someone that doesn’t mean anything in your life. Yeah thanks for the info,” she said sarcastically. I just kept quiet.

“Look, I’m trying to so called help you here. If the only thing you can tell me is that she’s important to you, then maybe you can’t be helped,” she said.

I sighed and went to sit on my bed. “She’s a close friend but I love her. And she had told me that she loved me too. But she’s not technically my girlfriend,” I said.

“So where did she go? Did you two fight or something? That’s why you’re so desperate to find her?” she asked.

“We didn’t fight. I don’t even know where she went missing. But Hyuna, I’m sure its you. Did you lose your memory or rather, regain your memory back and you forget me?” I said. I’m not comfortable addressing Hyuna as ‘her’ when I’m talking to Hyuna herself.

She laughed. “Gosh.. How many times do I have to tell you for it to get into your head?? I didn’t lose or regain any memory okay. I’ve been living all my life in the States and now I’m here in Korea because my parents got a job somewhere far and they send me to live with my older brother. Is this enough information about my personal life to convince you that I’m really not her?” she said.

I tried to digest every single detail she had said. With her exact opposite in character and the way she talked to me, I’m sure it wasn’t her. But I still have that little 10% hope that it might be her. Even after she said all these.

“What is her surname? Come on, if her surname is exactly the same as mine then wow. But its impossible,” she said confidently.

“Erm.. I.. I don’t know,” I said, biting my lip.

“You don’t know?? You love a girl that you don’t even know her surname??” she sounded really shocked.

“It’s a very long story,” I defended.

“Uh huh.. I’m sure it is,” she said with slight tone of mockery. We stayed silent for a while until she spoke again.

“I don’t know how to help you Yong Junhyung. You’re obviously a very popular idol and I’m just like the girl next door. Why not you just forget about her okay? Its easier that way. I’m sure you’ll find someone new later on,” she said with care.

“That’s what they all say. Move on, you’ll find someone new,” I mumbled and scoffed in disappointment at the end. I can’t believe Hyuna is telling me to do the same.

“You don’t even know her that well Junhyung.. Who knows she might just want to try to live with 6 members of a top boy band group? Every fangirl would want-“

“No. I can take it that you call me desperate or stupid or anything. But don’t insult my Hyuna. She’s not like that. She’s not a fangirl and she wouldn’t take advantage or someone’s kindness. She’s not okay?” I said sternly.

“You really love her huh..” she said softly.

I bit my lip and tried to stabalize my breathing. I felt like I can breakdown anytime.

“Hyuna, even though you’re not the person I’m looking for.. Can we.. maybe.. start?” I said after a long moment of silence.

“Start? Start what?” she asked confused.

“Start knowing each other. As friends… maybe?” I said.

She sighed heavily. “Okay. But keep in mind that I’m not your Hyuna. I’m a completely different person. With a different character and personality. So don’t try to make me like her.”

I nodded and smile slightly. “Okay I won’t.”

“I have to hang up now. I got a class tomorrow,” she said.

“Oh yeah sure. I’ll talk to you…soon?” I said.

“Yeah..” she said simply.

“Goodnight Hyuna,” I said. Its been a long time since those words came out of my mouth.

“Goodnight Junhyung,” she said and hang up.

Maybe its time to start anew. Like Hyuna said in her letter. God make me lose a Hyuna, He will return me another Hyuna. I just hope for the best.

Someone knocked on the door and Doojoon peeked his head into the room. “Hey” he said.

“Hey,” I smiled.

“You didn’t finish your dinner. Wanna finish it or you want me to throw it away? Its already cold anyway,” he asked.

“Nope I’ll go finish it,” I said, getting up.

“Someone is a little bit cheery after a phone call,” he commented as I walked passed him. I just smiled and him and walked to the kitchen.

 

Btw, does anyone of you wants someone to talk to or isit just me? :P If you want to, you can add me in Kakao if you have :)) We can talk about anything! Heee~

Comment && Subscribe~

tumblr_lyk9j5wZUg1ro2mqxo1_500.gif

(He somehow look abit like Myungsoo from Infinite here ^^)