Trying Again

My Angel

 

Double updated as promised!

 

No POV

True enough, calls after calls, every reporter wants to get the latest scoop on the latest news. Even though he already said he wouldn’t help, he still cares for the boy. He didn’t want Junhyung to be bombardered with questions and interviews while trying to focus on his work and schedules. He saw for himself how Junhyung was acting when he saw Hyuna at the café.

“He just got the wrong person,” that’s Jin Taek’s answer everytime someone asked for a further explanation for Junhyung’s case. And if the person insisted to get something more in depth, he just hung up. Junhyung didn’t know about all these calls. All he faced was the trouble to get to work or studio with all the reporters waiting for him outiside. But that too, Jin Taek was the one who got Junhyung through and pushed aside all the nosy reporters.

 

Junhyung knows his manager hyung was still mad at him. He knows the trouble Jin Taek had to go through for him. He wanted to thank him but his hyung wouldn’t even look him in the eye. Maybe the best thing to repay him is not create anymore trouble.

A few days passed. Junhyung turned off all his emotions and just focused on work. He filled every second of the day with work so that by the time he got home, he’ll just pass out on the bed.

 

Hyuna didn’t step into the same café again fear of meeting Junhyung again. Apart from not wanting to get stopped from leaving anymore, she didn’t want Junhyung to get caught by the reporters again. Although she didn’t know him like a friend, she could still remember clearly how troubled he was. Its best not to add to it even though its not really her fault.

“Let’s go get a drink then we can head off to the library,” Jihyun said and the rest of the girls nodded in agreement.

Hyuna stopped in her tracks when she noticed which café they were heading to.

“Hyuna? You okay?” Sohyun asked as she noticed her friend suddenly stopped walking. The rest of the girls stopped and turned to look at her.

“Erm… We’re going to that café?” she asked, pointing to the café they were approaching.

“Yeah. Why? You don’t like it?” Gayoon asked.

“I.. I’ve tried something there and I don’t really like it..” she bit her lip. That is a really bad excuse Hyuna. As if there’s only one drink there.

“Ahh… Its okay we can recommend you some drinks! We’ve been there quite a lot of times actually,” Gayoon said.

Its still quite early.. Maybe he’s busy with work and such right now. He probably won’t be there. Hyuna smiled and nodded. “Okay then!”

As they stepped into the café, they chose a table and played a round of scissors, paper, stone to see who has to buy the drinks while the others wait. Hyuna lost and she took their orders and went to the counter.

The bell rang while she was waiting. But that wasn’t the thing that made her alarmed. She heard gasps behind her. Girls of course. Do guys even gasp?

After awhile she heard mumurs. The person that had just stepped in must had really made an entrance to get so much attention. Who else would get that much attention in seconds if its not someone popular? Maybe its not him Hyuna. Just relax..

Hyuna’s grip on her purse tightened as she braced herself for anything unexpected.

 

A guy stepped beside her and ordered his drink.

“The usual,” he said. His voice is too familiar for her not to turn. Its is him. Yong Junhyung.

 

Junhyung’s POV

I sensed someone was staring at me by my side. It must be just a fan. I went to the café almost everyday no matter what time it was. But eversince that incident, Jin Taek would make sure someone goes with me. Today it was him. He was standing by the side as I bought my drink. Lucky for me there were some customers in there but not the crazy type of fangirls. They just stared at me and whispered among their friends. I glanced to the side to see that the girl beside me had ordered more than one drink so she had to wait for a long time. She wasn’t staring at me anymore and just kept her eyes to the front. When I was about to look away, her phone caught my attention. Or rather, her wallpaper. Hyuna. Its Hyuna.

I’ve promised myself not to bring anymore trouble to Beast and also Jin Taek hyung. I need to keep myself calm. Should I just pretend I didn’t see her or try to talk to her again?

 

I turned my head slowly towards her. Its really her.

“Um.. hi,” I said. I was kind of hoping she didn’t hear it coz that sounded pathetic to me. But she did. Damn.

“Hi,” she replied but she did not turn to me.

“Do you… know me?” If forcing did not make her stay, maybe I should try something else.

“You’re Beast’s Yong Junhyung. Why?” she answered rather calmly.

“Can I talk to you?” I asked, almost sounded as if I was pleading.

“I have to go soon,” she said. I don’t think it was meant to sound cold but since I was used to the innocent and sweet Hyuna, she sounded cold to me. Does she hate me?

I took one of the light purple serviettes and the pen that was placed on the side for people to write down their suggestions for the café. I quickly wrote down my number and slid it on the counter infront of her. she looked down and took it.

The barista gave me my order and I paid for it. “Please call or text me. I really need to talk to you,” I said softly so that only she could hear. Without waiting for a response, I went off.

I know its probably stupid of me to give her my number when she could easily pass around the number to several other fangirls and who knows, get money from it. Even though she’s not really my Hyuna (which Jin Taek hyung had been saying again and again), I still have that little trust in her like how I trust Hyuna. My Hyuna. If she did pass the number around, then I guess she’s really not and I have to change my number.

 

No POV

Hyuna was in the bathroom of the library as she stared at the numbers. After she got her orders, she gave the drinks to her friends without saying a word. All of them were fangirling about seeing Junhyung but none of them got the guts to ask him for a picture or an autograph.

“He looked like he was in rush” Sohyun said.

“I already have his autograph” Gayoon said. Yeah all the types of excuses. They are probably just scared because Junhyung doesn’t look approachable, Hyuna thought. Instead they blamed her for not asking since she was just beside him.

As they found a seat for five in the library, Hyuna placed her bag down and excused herself to the bathroom.

Hyuna was indeed shocked that Junhyung didn’t act like how he did the first time he saw her. He was calm and collective. And the way he passed his number and told her to call or text him is just so smooth that she almost fell for him instantly. But no. Kim Hyuna never falls for a guy that easy.

She contemplated for a long time whether to give him a call or not. He said he needed to talk to her. What is there to talk about? They don’t even know each other. This Hyuna girl that he was finding seems like a very important person to him. He didn’t even hesitate to give me his number when I could easily put his number for auction, Hyuna thought.

She breathe out slowly and typed a simple text message to the number he gave.

Hey. Its Hyuna.

 

Subscribe & Comment you ^_^