The Letter

My Angel

 

“It means I love you too Hyuna…” I said with a smile. Her face lit up and she smiled widely. She giggled to herself as he turned back to the front.

“I want to write a letter for you,” she suddenly said.

“Hm? A letter?”

She nodded. “Just in case I go away from you suddenly like the guy in that movie.”

“Hyuna don’t say that. You’re not going anywhere,” I said. I admit my heart dropped and break when she said that. Why must she say she might go away? I won’t let her!

“I still want to write a letter for you,” she insisted.

 

When we reached home its already late evening. Yoseob and Hyunseung had came back from their schedules, Gikwang had gone out and Doojoon was getting ready. At last I saw Dongwoon in the living room.

“Oh hyung! Where did you go just now?” he asked as soon as we stepped in the dorm.

“Just outside. Where did you go?” I asked him back.

“I went back home to take some things. Ahh you and Hyuna went dating right?” he smirked and wriggled his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes and went to my room, dragging Hyuna along.

She sat on my bed cross-legged, while I looked into my drawers for some papers, pen and envelope.

“I couldn’t find a writing paper. Will this do?” I said, showing her the plain white A4 paper. She smiled and nodded, taking the paper from me. I sat across her and gave her a pen and book to act as a writing pad.

She had her legs propped up so I couldn’t see what she wrote. I played some songs from my ipod and we started writing. Honestly, I didn’t know what to write. She’s right infront of me. whatever I want to say to her I can just say it. But Hyuna on the other hand was so focused. In the end I just went along with writing about how I love spending time with her and how her mere presence can make all my tiredness fade away. Then I realised, there’s a lot of things I wanted to write.

 

After writing both of us placed the letters in a different envelope.

“So when do I get to read that?” I asked.

“When I’m no longer around,” she said calmly.

“Why? Where are you going?” I asked curiously.

“No where. You know.. like the movie. Sometimes people go away when you least expected it,” she said with a smile. I just sigh and placed the two envelopes on top of my cupboard. I promised her that I won’t read it.

“Then when will you read mine?” I said.

“When you read my letter, it means I’m no longer around. I want you to read your own letter to me to remember back what you wanted to tell me when I was around.”

Hyunseung called us out for dinner and we went out. I tried to forget about the letter because the more I think about it, the more I feel cautious that Hyuna is going to leave one day. I don’t want that. I’m sure- I’m certain that she’ll not leave. Please don’t let her leave.

 

One week passed and with all the schedules I had, I forgotten about the letter. Well not totally until I forgot where I’ve kept it. We woke up one morning running all around the dorm finding our things as we were getting ready for a rehearsal.

“Gikwang-ah, is Hyuna up yet?” I asked him as I passed him in the living room.

“Huh? Err… I don’t think so?” he said blurly. I rolled my eyes and went to our room while the others were by the door, checking their things and wearing shoes. I managed to prepare a light breakfast and lunch for her just in case we didn’t get back on time.

I opened the door and only saw a covered blanket over my bed. There was something underneathe so it should be Hyuna. But why is she covering herself as whole? Pushing the question aside, I slide the blanket downwards. My nightmare just came earlier than expected. All I saw was my bolster. No Hyuna.

I found myself gasping for air lightly and fell on my knees, staring at the empty bed.

“Yong Junhyung! Come on we’re gonna be late!” I heard Doojoon shout from the living room. I don’t want to move. I don’t even want to do anything. The tears that has been threatening to fall finally let out a drop onto my cheek.

“Yah! Junhyung!” I heard Doojoon’s voice right behind me. Seeing that I was on my knees, I’m sensing he glanced to the bed and noticed Hyuna wasn’t there too. The dorm wasn’t that big so if she had already went out to the kitchen or bathroom, at least one of us would have seen her.

“Bro, get up. We don’t have time. Let’s go,” he said with a softer tone this time and tried to pull me up by my arm. I stood up weakly, not tearing my gaze from the empty bed. Doojoon dragged me out and gave me my bag. He even put my shoes on for me coz I was too lifeless to do anything. The only thing that was moving is the tears that’s been flowing non-stop eversince I was dragged out.

The others didn’t say anything. I assume Doojoon told them not to ask anything yet seeing that I was still in that state. Finally we got out and got into the van that was waiting for us.

“Hyung, what happened?” I heard Dongwoon asked not that softly to Doojoon.

The van was quiet and Doojoon didn’t reply anything. Yoseob who was beside me just placed his arm across my back and gave my shoulder a squeeze. His actions made me cry harder and I hung my head low. He rubbed my back and gave a light massage on my shoulders to make me feel better. But nothing can make me feel better. I want Hyuna. Where is she? Did she leave in the middle of the night? Why? Did I do something wrong? Did she regained her memory and suddenly she felt like she has to leave immediately? With no goodbyes? No letter?

Wait. There is a letter.

 

tumblr_m998zs3ljo1retmluo1_500.gif

Note: My fics are turning into a weekly thing. And My Angel would be every Sunday. ^^