Message 13

A Message to Mr. Idol

Chapter 13

Yoona

Super Junior had been working non-stop for almost a week. Performance, interviews, photo shooting and keeps on going. They have to sleep as their travel from place to place. Some of the member got to take the chances and come back to sleep at the dorm. While some can’t even make it back that far.

 

As usually I always take care the pets and things inside the dorm. I make sure they are comfortable when they come back to this place. Just as I thought that all the heartbeating drama ended, I got this phone call.

 

I pick up the phone without look as I clean the dust off the counters.

 

“Hello. Yoona speaking.”

 

A manly voice reply, “Yoona, do you think you can bring me back to my home town.” His voice crack up a bit.

 

“Donghae?” I barely identify his voice. It seems like he have been crying.

 

“Sneak me out. I don’t want to be here this moment.” He sniffed.

 

“Where are you?” I questioned.

 

“Backstage.”He reply. I can hear the music started playing in the background. “Come on you guys are on go go...” I heard someone screamed in the background.

 

“I will be there.” He hang up right after.

 

~

 

When I rushed to their music stage, they are on stage dancing. Fans screaming everywhere that I can barely hear the music. My eyes searched for Donghae, but he is not on stage. Then someone grab me by the wrist in darkness. When I turn around I saw Donghae with his hat on. He shushed me and pull me out the stage room.

 

“What happen? Where are we going?” I questioned. Don’t tell me that he is going to run away like Hangeng. Maybe he had enough of this.

 

“To my hometown.”

 

“Why?” He stop walked and I bump into his back. Then he yelled angry, “Just go!”

 

I stood there with wide eyes. I am shock by his reaction and anger. Then I am shock of my reaction for not getting angry.

 

I pop into the car seat and started up the car. I drove the route that Donghae had explained to me. He is really quiet as we drive and I was too.

 

“Sorry.” He finally said something breaking the awkward silence.

 

“That’s alright.” I kept my eyes on the road. Night is falling in and the sun is on the edge of the sky. The mood is really solemn. Donghae had is head again the window and looking out the car as we drove by.

 

When we finally reach to the place, he didn’t get off right away. He sat there in peace and quiet. However, on the inside he seems to be at war with himself.

 

“Yoona.” He called, “Will you stay till I want to leave?” He didn’t look at me.

 

“Sure.” I feel the sad tone in his voice.

 

Then we got off the car and walked into a hospital. A women greet Donghae with a hug. She look at me and bow. I bow back with respect. “Your father is inside.” She smooth Donghae’s shoulder. Which I believe is Donghae’s mother.

 

I followed them in a room, then I saw a body on the bed with a white sheet over his head. Donghae walked in with a blank face. He looked at me and look back at the body. Then his mother asked me come out with her. We close the door as Donghae lift up the sheet.

 

“You are Donghae’s friend?” She asked me nicely.

 

“Co-worker.” I corrected.

 

“Please take care of him. He is going through a tough time.” She take my hand and nod with a frown.

 

“Yes. I will.” I turn my head to the door imaging Donghae crying next to the bed.

 

I waited around a hour for Donghae. When he came out he didn’t say a word. It is mid-night. we walk around the quiet street. He is walking in the front with his head bow down and I follow in distance. He is thinking things to himself. I am just being a sunflower watching over my tired sun.

 

He stop when we reach the bridged. He lean against the fence. I stood in a distance let him be alone. But before I turn around, he called me walk closer to him. So I did.

 

“My dad passed away.” He look at me with red eyes and tears filled his eyes again. I can still see the tear trail on his face. “He is the one who make me want to become an idol. I want him to see me perform live. He gave me a health body. He gave me everything that a best father would.”

 

I raise my right hand and wipe the tears off his face. He turn quiet and look at me. Letting me wipe his tears. “He’s gone.” His lips shakes as he keep crying. I can feel my heart moved again and again feeling his pain.

 

I loop my hand over his waist and took a step closer to him. My hand laying on his board back and I lying my face on his heart. Listening to his heart beat, hoping to understand him even more. He hugged me closer and start crying harder. I heard his breathing against my ear. His tears drop on my face and run down my cheek.

 

“Don’t leave.” He said against my ears.

 

I am not sure if those words are meant for me, but we hug each other for a really long time. This is the first time I cry in years.

 

 

~                                                          ~                                                                 ~                                                                      ~

 

From LovebeingaELF

UPDATED :D

Hope you enjoyed the story

 I use real life events to add on to this story

I cry a little when I was writing this :(