Chapter 15

My Choice

Jonghyun P.O.V.

Now, Yonghwa hyung is getting ready to serenade his girlfriend. I want to have girlfriend too, aish. But those hyungs make me embarassed earlier. I’m not a part of Boys Over Soshi, but why they called me on stage. That childish name, oh please. They’re adult but why they choose that childish name -__- I feel like someone tapped my shoulder, who is it?

“Yah, Jong!” Geun-suk hyung greeted me. Remember Jonghyun, he’s your rival. He hugged your girl earlier. MY GIRL? Okay, Yoona’s not my girl, not yet.

“Oh, hyung. Nice to see you. How’s life?” I tried to greet him brightly.

“Great. How about you?” he asked.

“Not that great. Hahaha.” I laughed.

“How’s going between you and my cute dongsaeng?” What? His cute dongsaeng? Who?

“Huh? Your cute dongsaeng? Who?” I asked.

“Of course Yoona. You fool. Hahahaha.” He laughed at me. Did he know about me and Yoona?

“Ah-uh. How could you know hyung?” I stuttered.

“Of course I know. She told me everything.” He answered. Yoona told him everything? Including my confession? But why this hyung not angry to me?

“You didn’t angry hyung? I think I should give up on her. But I will not stop loving her.” I answered carefully. Yeah, last night I said I would stop bother her. But that doesn’t mean I will stop love her.

“Why I should angry to you? Hahaha. I was selfish, I know she will reject me. But I just want to tell her what I really feel to her. I know she only think of me as her older brother.She didn’t tell me why she reject you, but don’t give up on her Jong. Believe me, don’t give up on her.” He answered calmly.

Why I shouldn’t give up on her? Is this hyung crazy or what? He should tell me to give up so he could get her. But wait, she didn’t reject me. Right? I just tell her my feeling toward her, so I don’t need an answer. Next time I will ask her about her feeling and ask her to be my girlfriend. Aish. No next time. You said you will give up on her Jonghyun. Aaaaahhh, I don’t know.

“What do you mean hyung? She only think of me as her brother in law too. I think.. I think she likes someone else. I don’t want to be such a bother to her. I heard Soo-hyun hyung likes her too.” I said.

“I know you were jealous when I hugged her. If a stare could kill someone, I must be dead at the moment I hugged her ealier. You stare is no joke. Hahaha. Just believe me. Don’t give up on her. Okay? This hyung will always watching you, if you hurt her. I would make sure you’ll hospitalize. I should go now, goodbye!” then he leave me.

A hundred question is popping in my mind now. What’s wrong with this hyung? Should I not give up? Yeah, I think I shouldn’t give up. Be a man Jonghyun! You should give up when she reject you. If she didn’t reject you, then you should keep going. Lee Jonghyun, fighting! I encouraged myself. But where’s Yoona? I didn’t see her since she leave with Yuri noona and Geun-suk hyung. Is she go home already? I think I need some fresh air.

I’m walking outside to get some fresh air. Ah, Han river is so beautiful and peaceful at night. I heard someone is sobbing, then I see a beautiful figure sit on the edge of Han wiver. I think I know who she is. I decided to walk toward her. Then I sit beside her. She seems startled because my sudden appearance.

“Hey.” I smiled to her. She’s still crying. Her eyes is swollen and her face is red. Why’d she cry?

“What are you doing here?” she asked while wiping her tears.

“Just wanna get some fresh air. Why’d you cry?” I asked her worriedly.

“Huh? I’m just too happy for Yonghwa oppa and maknae. I’m too emotional. Hehe.” She lied. I know she lied. Was something bothering her?

“Yoona, tell me...” before I can finish my sentence, she leaned her head on my shoulder.

“Let me stay like this for a moment.” She looks like she want to cry again, but she hold her tears.

“Just cry. I will not tell you to stop. Don’t hold your tears. It’s hurt to see you cry, but it’s more hurt to see you hold your tears and pretend to be strong.” Yeah, it’s hurt to see her hold her tears. I will not leave you Im Yoona. I will not give up on you.

She started crying again. I will not tell her to stop. I will let her cry as much as she want. I will stay beside her until she tell me to leave.

“Could I sing for you?” I asked. Then she nodded. I put my right arm to her waist and start singing.

 

Give me a smile, Don’t be sad

It’s going to be alright. Don’t shed a tear

The song that I am singing now

I hope that it can bring you a bit of comfort

Give me a smile, Don’t get hurt

It’s going to be alright, although you are going through a hard time now

Time will pass

Everything will look up again

Give me a smile

I am right here by your side

I love you, can you hear my heart?

Close your eyes

No matter what, I believe you

I am always here for you

Give me a smile, look into my eyes

I love you, I have always been looking at your heart

It has never changed

You can lean on my shoulders

Take a rest,

Give me a smile.

I am here for you,

me who believes in you

always and forever.

 

“So, give me a smile?” I asked her. She looked at me and give me her smile. She’s still beautiful eventhough she cries.

“Feel better?” I asked her again. She nodded.

“Should we go inside? Your members probably looking for you now.” I said while wiping her tears.

“Thank you.” She said weakly. I show her my dimples and help her to stand up. Whenever I’m with you, I feel like dreaming a dream that I can’t ever dream again, Yoona. I love you. But it’s not a great moment to say that. Then I feel a punch landed on my left cheek.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING LEE JONGHYUN?!” shouted a man. I couldn’t see his face. The he grab my collar, I can see his face clearly now. Ok Taecyeon.

“Oppa! Stop it! Release him NOW!” Yoona shouted at him while trying to hold his arms. He didn’t release his hand from me and one more punch landed on my face. My lips is bleeding now. Aish, this guy really. Reply his punch? Yeah, I think of that. But I don’t want to do that. It’s not like I’m afraid of him, I’m judo athlete. Remember? Black belt. But our situation will get worse if I do that.

“Ok Taecyeon!” Yoona shouted again. Then that man stopped beat me.

“Im Yoona. Listen to me. He’s a bad person. He’s the one who make you cried, right? Don’t come near him again.” That hyung started to badmouthing about me.

“It’s not your business, Ok Taecyeon-shi. Yes, he’s the reason why I cried. And just for your info, you’re the bad person. Just go! I hate you!” she shouted angrily at Taec hyung. But, what? Why’d she say I’m the one who make her cry earlier? What’d I do to her?

“Yoona. I..” Taec hyung begged to her.

“Just go Ok Taecyeon-shi. I don’t want to see your face again.” She said. After that Taec hyung glared at me and I replied his glare.

“Just wait Lee Jonghyun.” He threatened me.

“I’ll wait Ok Taecyeon-shi.” I smirked at him. I’m not afraid of him, he just obsessed to Yoona. I will protect her from him. I promised.

“How dare-“

“Just leave Taecyeon-shi!” Yoona cutted his sentence, then he leave.

“Yoona...” I called her.

“I’m sorry. I know this will happen again. I know he’d beat you before. I’m sorry.” She started crying again. So, she knew that Taec hyung beat me? How could she know?

Then I pull her into a hug. She burried her face on my chest.

“Sshh. Love never says sorry.” I tried to calm her.

“I’m sorry. It’s my fault. I..”

“Im Yoona. Don’t say anything, it’s not your fault. It’s the risk of loving you. I love you. More than you could imagine.” I told her.

“Jonghyun. I...”

I crushed my lips into hers before she could finish her words. She didn’t avoid my kiss, she kiss me back. Again. I feel likes a fireworks inside my chest is lighting up. She broke the kiss, then she run inside the building without saying anything.

And here I am. Standing like a fool. I should ask her about her feeling earlier, but I’m such a coward. I’m afraid if she will say she doesn’t love me. I’m not ready if she reject me.

End of P.O.V.