Chapter 8

Hate? Love?

<< YOONA'S POV >>

The plane had just landed in Singapore, another unfamiliar country. I had some small read up on Singapore. Aunt Mi Eun had the information to know more about Singapore for her business. Singapore is a small country. It is summer all year round with lots of rain and lightning. It's time is an hour different with korea. As I walked out of the airport, the humid air greeted me, with the sun hanging high in the clear blue sky. There were one long line of different types of cars, it doesn't seem to have an end. Aunt Mi Eun walked in front of me, pulling her large luggage along. She stopped beside a black car. I run to her as I don't have any luggage to carry. When I ran there, Aunt Mi Eun has already open the car door and ready to go into the car. I gave a puzzled look.

"Hop in, Yoona!" She seems to see my expression to instruct me. I hopped in and the chauffer, after placing Aunt Mi Eun's luggage at the back of the car, went to the driver seat and start driving to i-don't-know-where. Aunt Mi Eun finally told me the place we are going after a long silence. She seems to understand that I am dead curious now.

We reached a building which Aunt said it will be our home for the next few years. It wasn't as big as the house in korea but it is comfortable. It makes one feel like they are at home.

As aunt Mi Eun settles her things, I on the television and scan through some channel before something caught my attention.

"... The _________ hotel in Australia collapsed due to the recent 7.0 earthquake. As it was in the morning, most of the tourist were inside their rooms when it happened. They did not have time to evacuate and were trapped in the rumble..... What we have notice was that Korea's most prestigious company's boss,Mr Im's daughter, Ms Im Yoona, was staying in this hotel and was still nowhere to be found. Her family had heard of the news but they were not willing to say anything....."

I was shocked! If I didn't leave for Singapore, I might be under the rumbles. But wait, Appa know about this already. Okttokae, he must be worried. He never knew that I had left. I wanted to go back to Appa.

"Young lady, where are you thinking of going?" Aunt Mi Eun stood hand cross behind the sofa. I was shocked. "I...I...I..." I didn't know how to tell her.

"Yes, young lady? Do you want me to say it for you?" Did she know what I am going say? How long has she been standing there? "So, let's cut it short. You saw the news on television and you want to go back to your appa cause you are worried that he cannot stand losing you." Woah, how can she read my mind. "and also you want to let your stepmum know that you a still alive and she and her son have no chance to take over the company. Right, young lady?" Did I? Was that why I was that anxious?

I kept quiet.

<< END OF YOONA'S POV >>

"Yoona, know why you are here for. Yes, of course you are worried, but if you go back now, nothing is going to change. I can see that you have a strong desire to revenge but you have a soft heart to your family. You wants to protect them, but not in state." Mi eun said.

"What can I do? I want to make sure that Appa is alright." Yoona was on the verge of crying.

"I tell you what, let's make a deal. You will stay here and do whatever to strengthen yourself. While I will send men protect your family and friends and update you. How is it? Fair?"

Yoona thought for a while before nodding her head.

"One condition is that you must be a different you when you return."

"A different me?" Yoona mumbled. "What should I do first for now?" She looked up at Mi Eun.

<<  KOREA  >> ( few days later )

"What is the latest update?" Mr Im asked his personal assistant.

"Mr Im, there is still no news on miss Yoona's whereabout. However, we did found this." He showed mr Im the bracelet yoona dropped in the hotel. Mr Im clutched on the bracelet a drop of tear fall from his face.

"Mr Im..."

"This is the bracelet Yoona always wear... It is from her late mother. She wouldn't leave it alone. Why, Yoona?" Mr Im said as more tears rolled down his face. "I shouldn't left her alone and come back. If I didn't left, she will be fine. It is all my fault."

"Mr Im..."

"Let me talk to him." Seohyun's mother went in. “Oppa, I know you are upset, but don't blame it all to yourself. You are right, you shouldn't left Yoona alone in another country. However, you still can't stop the nature disaster from happening if you stayed. What's suppose to happen can't be changed." She explained.

"Tell me what to do. Firstly, my wife and son had left me, leaving me with Yoona only. Now Yoona had left me, how am I going to survive?"

"Oppa, look at the positive side. At least, Yoona should be happy now. She would be worry-free and she could be with her mum and brother now. She has been suffering a lot after the accident and now she could break out of it. What you can do is to give you best, stay healthy. I believe she, with her mum and brother, will protect you from above. What you can do now, is to send her off happily." She smiled.

"Dan, go and prepare a funeral right now for Yoona. I want it to be the best for Yoona." Mr Im commanded his personal assistant.

-------------------------------------------

"Yoona, see who did I bring to see you." Seohyun said. It was the second day of funeral and Yoona's friends from the orphanage were noticed of what had happened.

"Yoona..." Sunny said.

"That was the last time we saw each other." Tiffany mumbled.

“I knew something is going to happen when she said those words. Why didn't she tell us. I thought she promised me that she will tell me everything. Why did she lie?" Yuri cried. Taeyeon was holding on to her. Others just looked down.

"Dear, there is nothing we can do now but to wish her the best. There is no use crying. At least she has break free from her pain." Nun Mary broke the silence.

"Is that so? Then I will pray for her everyday and wish her to be happy." Jessica said.

 


Finally the history is finished. I also doesn't like history. Of course there will be parts here and there about the past. But I will be focusing much on the present now.Sorry if facts aren't right cus I put them together to fit my story.

ENJOY :D

AND COMMENT!!!