Chapter 20

Hate? Love?

GD ended his call with his friend. Since both Yoona and him are his best friend, he wanted them to meet each other. Maybe seeing both of his best friends together isn't bad too.

 

"Oppa, who are you talking to?" Yoona asked GD as she walked out of the washroom. Being a gentleman he was, he waited for Yoona outside, which made any of his fangirls squealed when they enter or exit the washroom.

 

"You're done?" Yoona nodded. "I was talking to my friend. I wanted both of you to meet each other." GD explained. "Let's go?"

 

Yoona nodded her head again and both of them start walking to GD's car. "You haven't really told me much about your family."

 

"Well, my parents are the owner of the Kwon resort. Although we live together, they are frequently overseas, especially these days, since they want to expand their business. At first, I was really bored, since I am their only child, so I have no one to play with. Then, my mum decided to adopt a child, that was when I was 15. I hated him at first. He was ugly at that time, to be frank. His name is-" GD stopped as they reached the car. He opened the door for Yoona, "At your service." as he bowed a little.

 

Yoona laughed at his action. It wasn't easy to see the dorky side of him. "Why, thank you." Yoona played along. She did not want to laugh but she could not hold it anymore and laughed out. GD laughed too as he closed the door and head over to the driver's seat.

 

"Let's go!"

 

"Oppa, I want to hear more about your 'ugly' friend!" Yoona asked when they were on the road, out of the school campus.

 

"Well, I hated him for I thought he wanted to snatch my parents' love. Looking back, it is sure childish. But after an incident that almost cost mine or his lives, my view about him changed. That's when we became best buddy. Whatever happened to him when he went to Singapore, he came back handsome than ever." GD stated, as he skimmed through the accident part.

 

"Singapore, that was where I was for the past few years. What is his name, maybe I will know him?" Yoona knew that he did not want to talk about the incident, so she did not ask him much. Since she was in Singapore, maybe the buddy GD is talking about she has meet him before.

 

"His name is-" GD's words was cut by the ringtone of Yoona's phone. "Yeobusaeyo?"

 

"I am going to my friend's house to do project."

 

"Arasso, I will try to get back early."

 

"Neh, bye." Yoona ended her phone and turned to GD. "We might have to arrange for another session. I need to reach home early, so we will have to cut short the time. Mianhae."

 

"It's okay. It isn't like we do not have the time. We have a few weeks to complete and you can complete in a day." GD said mischievously.

 

"I will take that as a compliment. So when are we reaching so that I can complete it today?" Yoona snorted, playing along with him.

 

"Well, we are here." GD said as he parked his car into one of the parking lots. "Let's go!"

 

Yoona also got of the car, "How ungentlemanly you are, went off without helping me."

 

"There isn't any space for you to exit if I stand there. Although you might be skinny enough to get out, I would not want to sacrifice my buddy's treasured car. He will kill me." He pointed to the car beside Yoona imitating the action of killing.

 

"That's your problem, not mine." Yoona stated as she walked towards the house without waiting for her partner.

 

"Yah!" GD shouted as he catches up with Yoona.

 

"Oppa, let's do until here today, I will have to go now." Yoona said as she kept all her stuff. Both of them have been diligently do their project for the past three hours, with teasing from time to time.

 

"When do you want to meet up again? This Saturday?"

 

"Ani, this Saturday is girls' day, no time for you." Yoona said in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

 

"Then when is buddy day, huh?"

 

"There isn't any buddy day. Every day is packed with other stuff already, like Wednesday, Friday and Monday are Cafe day and Sunday is daddy day. Oh, other days are my day so there is not a day to be dedicated to you, buddy." Yoona counted with her finger, leaving no finger for her buddy.

 

"Hey, that's unfair! You can free up one of your Cafe day or my day. It isn't like you need three Cafe day or so much 'my day', right?"

 

"You never know. Maybe if you schedule it early enough, I can consider changing one of my days for buddy day."

 

"Yah, what about project day?"

 

"That's another thing, it's more important. Then, I will just sacrifice next Tuesday for it, since there is nothing to do."

 

"It sounds so forced of you."

 

"A-, hold on... Annyeonghasaeyo-" Yoona's phone rang, asking her to return soon, "Arasso, I'm leaving."

 

"I need to leave real soon, next Tuesday?" Yoona told GD after ending her phone conversation, who just stood there waiting.

 

"Alright. Do you need a ride?" GD questioned.

 

"If that is possible, I am really in a rush." Yoona spoke as she packed, or threw her stuffs into her bag.

 

 

« GD'S POV »
After sending Yoona back, I went back home. He still did not make it in time to meet Yoona.

 

Yoona is such a dork. I never had so much laughter for so long and she made me smile. She does not display her wealthy daughter image, and we clicked well together. She was the first girl I befriended with, yet we do not any romantic feeling involved. She even helps me to get the girl I love. I really want her to meet my buddy.

 

When I reached home, he was not even home. Where could he be, and what was he doing? I went back to my room to tidy up a little. We made a mess; the table and floor were filled with books and papers, plus tissues. In the middle of intense researching, I blew shredded tissues at her. It was too quiet and 'studying' for me, so I decided to be mischievous.  Not wanting to let it go, she did the same but with a crushed piece. That's when our mini tissue battle begins, dodging and attacking at the same time.

 

As I was tidying the tissues on the floor, I came across a bookmark. It sure isn't mine. It was too childish for me. It looked like children drawing. Maybe it was Yoona, she must had forgotten to keep it when she was packing up.  But why does she keep this in her bag? She wasn't reading any book now as far as I know. Oh well...

 

"Ji, where ar-, there you are, Ji." I heard his voice before my bedroom door swung open. He's finally back. "Whoa, what a mess. What did you do?" He exclaimed before I could even speak.

 

"You finally came back, but you missed her!" I said, not intending to reply his question.

 

"Who?" He asked, clueless.

 

"Yah, did you have a concussion? I told you like only four hours before and you forgot all about it?!"

 

"Oh... the girl you love?" He teased.

 

"Yah! I told you she is not already. She is just my friend!" This guy could really agitate me.

 

"Chill, Ji, I was just kidding. So, who is this special girl you wanted me to meet so desperately?"

 

"Well, she is the first girl I befriended with and I want you to meet her and maybe..." I trailed off, knowing what he might say next.

 

"And maybe hooked me up with her? You knew that it is impossible already, Ji. I have someone in my heart already and other than her, I would not care about other girls." He explained, even though I already knew his answer.

 

"But Dae, you said she met with an accident and died already. You even went to her funeral, so why are you still not letting go of her?" I questioned. He told me before of this girl he spent his time in orphanage with. She wasn't an orphan but she always there to play with them. But few years ago, she met with an incident and left this world, so I don't know why he still hold on to her.

 

"She hasn't died, Ji. She's back and I am going to meet her one day."

 

"Why are you so sure?" I could not understand him even if we were best buddy.

 

"I know." He just gives me a simple reply. I guess no one could really stop him, except that girl he is talking about.

 

"If that is so, Daesung, I wish you good luck in finding her, not meeting her." I said, defeated. "If she could really recognize you." I added.

 

"Is that supposed to comfort me or being sarcastic?" He was about to help me with the cleaning up but stopped. "Well, I changed my mind, clean it yourself before Appa and Umma come back." Urghhh, I hate cleaning up, that's the last thing I really want to do but my parents have this weird rule to keep everything tidy. I forgot they are coming back today. Guess more clean to do.

 

"Yah, Daesung, help me! I don't want to die so early!" I called as he just walked back to his room. What a great buddy!


More details on GD's backgroundwith his friend!

And GYoon interation (not loveline though, friends, best friends)!

Also, did you guess it was Daesung? <-- he's Yoona best male friend when young, Yoona asked for him during first Soshi gathering. They are gonna meet real soon~

I tried to update sooner this time, for you guys before another revenge take places (yes, I am hinting that next few chappie will be revenge)