Chapter 6

Hate? Love?

Blue words = English :)


Yoona walked straight into the plane and took her seat nearest to the window. Her father sat quietly beside her, knowing what she was feeling right now. Yoona kept staring outside the window trying to take her mind to somewhere else so that her tears would not fall down. She had promised herself to be strong, and she wouldn't show her weak side to her father. At last, the plane started to take off. She close her eyes, in trying to put the thought away and sleep for the long flight.

However, she woke up an hour later because of the "indestructible" thoughts that made her sleepless. She turn her head to see her father reading newspaper while the headset was put on. Yoona shook her father's arm. He turned towards her and put down the headset. "Appa, you love me, right?" Yoona asked.

"Of course, darling. You're my daughter, right?" Her father answered back. Yoona nodded her head but she was still not satisfied with the answer. She continued, "Appa, you trust me right? You will not leave me right?" Her father was amused by his daughter question, but thinking that this is due to the separation, he undoubtly replied, "Of course I trust you. You are my only daughter, how am I supposed to abandon you? In fact, I thinking of giving you my everything when you are grown up and when I am dead." "Yah, appa, you will not die, you will leave till very old." Yoona said as she gave her Appa a hug. Yoona was happy with her father's answer when he said she was his 'only daughter'. 


After a long flight, Yoona and her father reached Australia. It is summer in Australia. They went to their hotel to put their luggage down since school doesn't start in a few weeks time, so Yoona temporary 'home' is at the hotel.

"Appa! Let's go to the beach!" Yoona said while pointing to the sandy beach outside their hotel that was packed with people playing, swimming and relaxing.

Yoona's appa agreed and they changed into swimsuit before heading to the beach. As quickly as possible, Yoona ran towards the clear blue sea with her father chasing behind. "Yoona, be careful!"

"Appa, quick!" Yoona said as she start splashing water around, especially when her father arrived. Immediately, it turn into a splashing competition. At that moment, Yoona seems to forget her pain and sorrow, just happily playing with her father, which did not happen for a long time already.

After rounds of splashing and playing in the water, they went up the beach and rest themselves. They were having a fun time until a phone call interrupted.

<< Yoona's POV >>

"Yeobosayo?" Was what I heard before appa walk away to talk. But I don't need to need to know what their conversation was. I knew what was going to happen. Work.

"Yoona, let's go back to our room and wash up. We have played for quite a long time. Kaja." Appa ended his phone call and walked to me. Maybe it's just some things to handle, that's all.

I washed up first, then Appa . I sat on my bed. Water was heard rushing down as I thought of where we are going next. Should we play first or eat first? Where can we go next? I thought of many possibility, just wanting to spend my time with Appa...

"Yoona come, let me help you apply the medicine on your face." Appa said. As I walked towards him, I saw that he was all dressed neatly and formally. "Appa, where are we going next? Why are you all dressed up like you are going for work? Are you really going to leave now?" Appa was stunned by my question. He looked at me with a sorry-I-can't-do-anything face, "Mianhae, Yoona. Something important popped up at work and I had to leave immediately to deal with it. Mianhae, Yoona." I was upset but yet not very upset, it was more of anger as I already thought of this happening before. I didn't thought that this would really happen. He told me that he would spend this few days with me, just me! Yet, he is going to abandon the time with me, leaving me here, and go for work!

"Why Appa Why?" I let out my frustration at him. "I remembered you say that you will accompany me for this few days and passing work to someone else? Why did you break your promise?" Appa seemed to know that I would behave like this, he replied calmly, "Mianhae Yoona, I really had no choice. This is really important as it carries out company's future. Your Umma called me just now and it seems really important. I told her before not to call me unnecessary as I spend this few days with you. I have call a person to accompany you while I go and deal with it. I promise I will come back after that. Is that ok, Yoona?" Ugrh, it's umma again. Why is she spoiling the time we had together? If it is a very important business, she can have her chance. A chance to show Appa how she is capable. She  was just calling  to lessen the time we had together.

"Appa, you can go now. I know work is IMPORTANT to you, so hurry up, go and come back as quickly as possible, you promise?" I sarcastically say it.

"Yoona..."

"Just hurry up and go!" I pushed him out without letting him speak. "I will keep your luggage with me, so that you will come back." After that I close the door, separating the two of us. I let out my tears and cried in silence.

.

.

.

After all those sobbing, I decided to go to the beach for a short walk. I checked for Appa. I didn't mind about my wound or my red, puffy eyes. I didn't have the feeling to care about them.

As I walk along the seaside, breathing in the fresh sea air, I thought of alot of things. There were lesser people compared to a few hours ago. It was almost sunset. I decided to to find a place to watch it. It had been quite a long a time since I had watch a sunset. The last time I watch was 5 years ago, with my appa, umma and dongseang. Thinking about that, all my memories flow into my mind. Unknowingly, I walked past the place I wanted to stop. I was about to turn back when I heard a faint help. I followed the cried and it led me to a more isolated place. There were a woman and a man. That woman back view was so familiar but I couldn't think of who it belongs to. I hid behind a rock to listen to what's happening. It seems to me that it was a robbery. I had to act fast. I look around for adult but there wasn't. I fished out my phone and began taking a video of what is happening. Gathering up all my courage, I appear from my hideout and confront with the robber.

"Hey, stop what you are doing right now! Let go of her immediately!"

"Who are you, little girl? How dare you to stop me? Do you know who I am?" The robber said.

"Firstly, I am not little anymore. Secondly, I don't need to know who you are. And lastly, I am not afraid of you!"

"Well, let's see then." The robber put on a smirk on his face. "Young lady, I appreciated your courage but you can't win over him. Just leave before something happen to you." The woman said.

"I have nothing to lose here. And I wouldn't come face to face with you if I am not prepared. Listen to this," I took up my phone and played the video I recorded. "I have recorded what you did just now, and if I send this to the police, is it me or you having trouble." I continued as I started to press the send button. The robber let go of the woman and tried to run towards me. I quickly gave a look to the woman to run. She seems to understand what I was telling her and we began running towards a more crowded area.

As we entered the crowd, I quickly slide my phone into a pocket of a bigger size or stronger person and pull the woman into a nearest building to hide. After ensuring that the robber is gone, we then move to a safer place, far from the robber. I was about to go after the woman say thank you, but she pulled me. Why did she do that?

"Are you Yoona, Im Yoona?" She asked. How did she know my name? I knew that I didn't told her. And she is speaking korean language. Who is she?

"Are you the daughter of Kim Mi Hyo?" Wait, she not only know my name but also my umma's name?! Who is she exactly? "Who are you? How did you know me and my mum's name?" I questioned her. She seems shock but happy.

"Don't you remember me? I am your Aunt Mi Eun, your mum's sister."

"Aunt Mi Eun..." I repeated. I remembered! She was the one who came every week to visit Umma. No wonder she look familiar to me... She has the look of Umma except that she is younger and her hair is slightly curl. She had much heavier makeup unlike Umma who barely put makeup on. "Aunt MI Eun!" I exclaimed as I hugged her. "Where have you been?"

"I was around the world doing my business. Kaja, let walk to a nearby restaurant to do more catch up."

"Neh!"

"So how did you come up with that idea to deal with the robber?"

"Well..."

<< FLASHBACK >>

<< NO ONE POV's >>

"Umma, is there anything else that I should know on the phone?" Yoona asked as she play with her mum's phone.

"Well, there is one more thing that I haven't teach you. Come here." Mi Hyo said as she pat her lap to tell Yoona to sit there. "There is this app here. You can record a video and send it to whoever you want. This app can be very useful if you come across a situation where someone is being rob and there is no adult with you. You don't immediately rush to the front. Instead, use your phone to recorded the scene down as evidence, then send it to the police or some adult you knew that is nearby. Understand? Umma and Appa can't be there with you in every situation, so you must know some self-protection, ok?"

"Neh, Umma."

<< END OF FLASHBACK >>

"... and the other was a thought by myself since there won't be any police or some adult I knew nearby to help. So that was the only way to save you from that nasty robber."

"Well, that's why I found this method familiar..." Mi Eun chuckled.


Hey Peeps! Merry belated Christmas:)

I was supposed to update this chap yesterday by I accidentally clicked bak without saving, so I had to retype this today. Sorry for the slow update...

I know this chap is a little boring but nest chap will be more exciting. Something will happen to Yoona soon...

And have you seen SNSD new album teaser? I can't wait for its actual release!

Isn't she cute here?

What about this...

Aren't you excited?