Chapter 24

Hate? Love?

Yoona sat at the usual place in the cafe, near the window. Today was a special day, a day which she and Donghae are going to have their first date. Yep, they were dating, for five days—since Donghae asked. It was exactly the same place where she is sitting now that they became official. That place that is filled the memory of her first time here, meeting Minwoo and the boys, she getting Donghae's number, Donghae asking her out, and now, their first date.

 

~FLASHBACK~
It has been five days since Donghae call or even text Yoona and she was getting frustrated. Since the day they exchanged number, there hasn't been more than two days without contacting each other. Five days and it was driving Yoona nuts. Donghae didn't even reply back when Yoona swallowed her pride and contact him first.

Yoona groaned while doing homework. She could not concentrate because of that. She found herself thinking of Donghae. What was he doing? Why didn't he call or text her? What had happened to him? Yoona even got a sudden panic attack from thinking that her stepmum might have done something to him. She was about to confront her when her cell buzzed. Donghae. It was a message from Donghae.

Meet me at the cafe tomorrow.

That's it. Nothing else, no hidden message or another buzz. What did he mean? Yoona couldn't decipher the meaning or the feeling behind this. How did Donghae felt while typing this? The full stop at the end could mean a lot of things, so which one was the correct one?

What is it? Yoona texted back. She waited, and waited. No reply. What was he doing? Yoona groaned again, keeping all her stuff. She won't have any mood to do her homework anymore, will she? She could only wait until tomorrow to know the answer.

 

Meet me at the cafe tomorrow.

Donghae texted Yoona. To show no feeling or to reveal anything, he decided to type a simple message. And quickly enough, he received a message from Yoona. He read, but did not reply. He doesn't want to spill anything to her. It won't hurt her much since she hasn't received any of his text or call the past few days.

It wasn't because Donghae did not want to contact Yoona; he would love to. However, he wanted to test how concern Yoona was regarding him and he got the result he wanted.

Oppa?

Hello oppa?

Why are you not replying?

Are you alright?

Oppa?

For the past two days, there are at least one of the messages being received. Knowing Yoona, her pride prevented her to text the first few day. She called too, but Donghae could not pick it up. Five days was too long, he felt like months before he could send Yoona a text. He occupied himself with work to stop himself from texting or calling Yoona.

He has been preparing for tomorrow too, from choosing the correct locations to recruiting people to help, he did it himself. He wanted the very best, although it might be nothing compared to her status. Donghae knew about Yoona's status and wanted to show that money isn't very important in love. He might not be wealthy, but his love for Yoona isn't less. He was attracted to her the first time they met and yearned for her presence. That's why he decided to go official.

Everything was in place and all that was left to do was to wait for tomorrow and he will confess.

 

 

Yoona came to the cafe as soon as the cafe was opened. Donghae did not tell her what time to meet. At first, she wanted to go as late as possible, wanting him to wait like how he made her previous days, but she could not wait any longer and rush out immediately after washing up. She couldn't sleep either with the suspense in the air, so she had no problem waking up.

"Wel-" Jeongmin, as usual, being the door boy immediately say after hearing the bell ring and scramble to his position. He looked up and saw Yoona, and grinned secretly. *She's that eager, isn't she? We will have more time with noona then.* "Hi, noona!" Jeongmin shouted, intending to let the other boys know that Yoona arrived.

Yoona was startled by Jeongmin's loud voice. It wasn't that she never heard it before but she was so occupied in her thought and that loudness brought her to reality. "Oh... hi Jeongmin." She said lazily as she went to her original place and immediately laid her head on the table. She was dead tired from not sleeping the previous night, all because of a person named Lee Donghae. "Give me the usual." She mumbled.

"Alright!" Jeongmin walked away, still smiling and passed Minwoo and Donghyun, who were also grinning. "Mission DAY starts."

"Hi noona! Why are you here so early today? You look really really tired." Minwoo asked when he and Donghyun reached Yoona. They sat opposite her.

"I couldn't sleep." Yoona mumbled, still head down. She could hear from the voice that it was Minwoo. She felt another person's presence but she did not care. It must be one of the boys since there wasn't anyone else when she entered.

"Why, Noona?" Minwoo laughed silently. He knew the reason without asking but seeing Yoona like that wasn't common. It is making him wanting to see more.

"Give me a few minute, Minwoo. Call me when the food is ready." This made Minwoo's smile larger seeing her in this state but also glad how Donghae and her care for each other. He was happy for them; he wanted Yoona to be happy.

 

"Noona, your food is ready." Jeongmin said after a very long time. He specially told Hyunseung to prepare it an hour later, letting Yoona rest, since they still have some time left. Yoona groggily woke up and looked outside the window. It seems a lot brighter than she came in. How long had she slept?

"What time is it now?" Yoona asked the two sitting in front of her.

"9." Donghyun said after checking his watch. Yoona's eyes widened in surprise. She came in exact when the shop opened, which was 8 and it is 9 now. She had been sleeping for an hour?! What if Donghae came and left?

"Did Donghae oppa come?" She quickly asked the boys.

"Nope. Noona, are you waiting for him?" Minwoo giggled at Yoona's expression. Donghae would never be coming.

"Neh. He never called or texted me for a few days even if I texted him first. Then he texted me yesterday to meet up here without any timing given, that's why I came so early. I couldn't sleep as I was thinking of what has happened. Do you know anything?" Yoona explained the whole situation. Minwoo was smiling and Yoona was getting suspicious of him. Donghyun, sensing the situation, immediately butted in.

"Of course not! How do we know anything?!"

"Right. I must be thinking too much." Yoona looked at the food. "Hey, if I ordered the food an hour ago, why is it still hot?" She touched the cup.

"It was served not long ago. You were so tired, so I thought why not let you sleep a little more and that lead to asking Hyunseung hyung to do your order later." Jeongmin explained as he pulled a chair to sit down.

"Thanks, Jeongmin. I looked really bad just now, right?" Yoona said as she took a sip of her coffee.

"To tell the truth, I have never seen someone that bad before. You're the worst." Jeongmin joked. No matter how she looks, she will still be the pretty noona in the boys' eyes.

"Yah!" They laughed.

***

 

Yoona checked her phone again. 10:30 am. Still no sign of Donghae, not even a message or phone call. Until when is he going to appear? Wild thoughts entered Yoona's mind again. She could not help but think of anything that could stop Donghae from coming. Blame her or what-so-ever, but she was afraid of losing someone she loves again. Yes, she is in love with Donghae. They might not meet very long time, yet the feeling was strong. It was different from her past relationship.

"Noona, stop staring. It's gonna' break soon." Jeongmin commented as he passed by her table. The boys resumed their jobs as the cafe started to get busy. "You checked your phone every five minutes. He will come when the time is right."

"And when will that be?" Yoona questioned.

"Soon. I am telling you, soon." Jeongmin said and immediately ran up the stairs before Yoona could question him anymore and he would reveal anything that wasn't supposed to till the time. He went into the workers' rest room and fumbled through his backpack for his phone. He punched in the number and put it against his ear, also checking if Yoona followed him.

"Hello?"

"Donghae hyung, Jeongmin here."

"What's wrong?"

"Hyung, you know what's wrong, we called you a few times for the past two hours."

"So?"

"Well, when can we throw noona to you? She's going to figure it out very soon. She is getting suspicious of us and we won't be able hold her any longer."

"Just hold onto her a little longer. She came too early..."

"Hyung, that's your fault. Who told you to not indicate a specific time, that why she came as soon as we opened for business."

"Alrigt, alright, I'm almost finishing now. Give her the letter in one hour's time. Bye!"

"Hyung-" Jeongmin put down his phone after Donghae abruptly ended the call. He looked at the envelope in his apron's pocket. Of all times, why must he lost the game. He was now responsible for the letter and of course the delivery of it at the correct time. Yoona will definitely shout at him for not giving it to her earlier if he directly passes it to her. So how can he escape from the nagging?

 

11:28:50...

11:29:00...

11:29:25...

11:29:49...

11:29:59...

11:30:00...

Yoona sighed once again. Still no sign of Donghae. She wondered when he will come. She tried thinking of other possibility, like maybe Donghae was busy with work or there was a jam somewhere and it was so severe that he could not come at the he wanted. She had nothing to do today or she had no mood to do anything else today. She cleared everything that was on her schedule just for this and up till now, no Donghae.

Jeongmin went to carry the tray. It was supposed to be Minwoo's job but this was a special case. He had placed the letter beside the drink already and now what he was left to do delivery it to Yoona. He looked at Yoona, she was frowning already. Jeongmin gave himself an imaginary pat before walking towards Yoona.

He placed the drink and run away before Yoona could even say thank you. Yoona looked at the coffee and saw the letter.

Hi Yoona, thank you for waiting but I won't be coming. Key in this code into your navigation and follow it. Don't try calling me as I won't answer the call. Don't try asking the boys, they won't know too. When you reach, there will be another letter for you, just follow the instructions. Donghae.


The moment has come! The moment has come!!!

LOL I know quite a number of you wanted Yoonhae interaction and I am happy to say the next few Chappie will centre around them.

There isn't any 'real' interaction between but you can look at how sweet they are

Have you heard 'Mr Mr'? I find it so nice that kept playing it while I had my exam (with CNBLUE's Cant't Stop and BAP's 1004 too) till my sister complaint lol.

Well, have a nice day reading wherever you are, my lovely readers, subscribers....

Till then...