Chapter 12

Hate? Love?

 

"Aish, where are they?" Yuri looked around the unfamiliar location that was not the usual meeting place. "Wait, are they playing prank on me? It's already past 12 pm!" Yuri kept on mumbling to herself as she kept looking at her phone and the surrounding.

 

"Yuri! Sorry that we are late!" It was Sooyoung, Sunny and Hyoyeon, running in their heels.

 

"Yeah, really guys. Did you know I have been waiting? Is this how you are going to treat me today?" Yuri said sarcastically. "We went out early enough, but we spent time to find this place. Why would we be meeting here?" Sunny asked.

 

"I am not sure about that. I received message from Taeyeon Unnie yesterday to meet here. I asked her why, she says she does not know why too." Sooyoung said. The others nodded in agreement.

 

After waiting for another seem-so-long minutes, Taeyeon, along with Jessica and Tiffany, came. "Wow, you guys are really 'early'. We have been stoning here for hours!" Yuri complained.

 

"Well, it's not my fault! I have been rushing this lady beside me million times to be quick. Can't you hear my voice changed?" Taeyeon glanced at Jessica.

 

"What? You told us to be in our best. I have to search for one that suit all occasion since you didn't tell me where we are going." Jessica rebutted.

 

"Yeah, Taeyeon Unnie, why are we today instead of our usual meeting spot?" Yuri asked before the two oldest could start a fight.

 

"Even though I was the one to send the message, but I also don't have any clue why we are meeting here. Seohyun told me that we are meeting at __________ restaurant." Taeyeon explained.

 

"On the topic, where is Seohyun? Isn't she always the earliest?" Hyoyeon asked.

 

"She said that she will be waiting for us at the restaurant itself. Kaja, we're late already." Taeyeon replied. 
------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Unnie, you are late, really late!" Seohyun nagged when he girls arrived. "I have been standing here for 20 minutes!"

 

"It isn't totally our fault, Seohyun. This place, is so difficult to find. We went rounds before meeting Yuri. Why did you choose this place?" Hyoyeon said.

 

"Huh?... Oh... I..." Seohyun was shocked by the question.

 

« SEOHYUN'S POV »
"Huh?... Oh... I..." I was stunned by the question. "Err..."

 

"Yes, Seohyun? Why here and to dress ourselves up? You won't even tell me when I asked you yesterday." Now, it is Taeyeon Unnie who is asking me. I can't tell them that. "Erm... to celebrate Yuri Unnie's birthday." I replied. I must be quick so they won't be asking more question. I seriously cannot lie. "Unnie, kaja. I have already book a place in the restaurant. Kaja!" I said as I pulled Unnie along.

 

After settling down and arguing about what to order, the waiter took our order and walked out, clearly being annoyed by our bickering. It was then that topic was brought up again.

 

"I wish Yoona was here to celebrate my birthday..." Yuri suddenly blurted out amidst the laughter. Everyone became silent after that. They were clearly upset by the fact that Yoona wasn't with them anymore. *Cheer up, Unnie. She's here!*

 

"Yeah, I wish she would magically appear from that door like 'poof'." Hyoyeon said while doing the action. Everyone laughed at her silliness. *Yeah, any time, any minute.*

 

Right at that exact moment, the door opened. *Wow, that's fast.* Yoona Unnie was standing there with the ordered food. "Miss me?" She said. I giggled. Her behaviour didn't change at all.

 

"Yoona-shi?" Everyone was dumbfounded. "Why are you here, Yoona-shi?" Taeyeon Unnie asked. Yoona smiled, "To join your group of course."

 

"I wish for the Yoona we knew, not this Yoona..." Hyoyeon mumbled.

 

"Hey, I heard that!" Yoona pouted. *Let me take back that comment.*

 

"Erm... Yoona-shi, I don't know who told you about the meeting," Jessica Unnie said, while glaring at me. I looked away. *You will thank me later.* "but we don't intend to let you join our group even if you have the same name as our friend. Please leave." Jessica continued while pointing towards the door.

 

"Wow, that's harsh, Jessica. I'm hurt." Yoona let out a sob. *Changed* "Well then, I guess I won't be needing this." Yoona prepared to walk off after putting down a necklace.



Everyone was surprise by that sudden item. It was the necklace each of them has to represent their friendship. It was an angel with the 9 girl’s names craves at the back.

 

"Wait! Why did you have this?" Yuri Unnie stood up, holding the necklace on her hand. Yoona turned around. "Oh that. My friends gave it to me when I was young, around 10 I think, as a representative of our friendship. I left them and now I came back. However, they just rejected me, so I suppose I should just return it to them?"

 

I looked at Yoona in shocked. Sure enough, I knew that Yoona was going to 'surprise' them, but I did not know she went till this extend. Sunny Unnie looked confused. Sooyoung Unnie was too shocked to even close . Yuri Unnie was on the verge of crying. *Changed, seriously changed.*

 

"Yoona Unnie, I think that you should stop now. They are almost crying at your little 'surprise'." I said, breaking the silence. Everyone was staring at me now.

 

"Hey Seohyun, I wasn't done yet! The best part was coming up. You ruined the last part!" Yoona glared playfully at me.

 

Now everyone was staring at me, confused. "Seohyun, you have some explanation to make NOW." Tiffany Unnie commanded me. I sighed, "The person standing there is, none other than our friend, Yoona, which is also my cousin, Im Yoona." Yuri frowned and was about to open but I interrupted. "I know what you are trying to say. No, Yoona is not dead yet and she came back just a few day ago. I knew it just yesterday too when she suddenly barged into the venue." I glared at Yoona with the you-better-do-something look.
« END OF SEOHYUN'S POV »

 

« YURI'S POV »
The person standing in front of me is Yoona? The person who came to our school few days ago with the same name as my friend is actually my friend, my suppose-to-be-dead friend? What's going on now?

 

"Okay, Seohyun, okay. Well, I am Yoona, Im Yoona, someone you knew since young. I know I am supposed to be dead 9 years ago, but I didn't. If not for my Aunt. She's the one who make me for who I am now. Gosh, I feel like a broken tape. This is what happens..." Yoona explained what happened to her the past 9 years. She is really Yoona! She's back! I ran and hugged her. I couldn't believe it. The friend we missed so much, is back, back to us, different. She changed a lot, from her look to her posture to her confidence. I began to cry. The tear I have been keeping in when I miss her. The emptiness without her around. I let it all out. Yoona was patting my back. The others came in and we have a group hug, the hug I missed.

 

"Hey guys, I cannot breathe!" Yoona exclaimed, laughing. We let go and laughed with her. "You know what? All of you should see your expression just now. I am dying of laughter inside. And seriously, Seohyun you can't lie. Your expression tells it all." Yoona stated, laughing more. Seohyun frowned, "Hey! That was your idea to prank them and told me to lie to them! Now you are blaming me?! Fine, next time don't ask me to do this!"

 

"At least you knew it beforehand so you weren't perceived. And I could only approach you since only you out of them knew!" Yoona rebutted. This time it is our turn to frown and hit her head lightly. "You could just told us!"

 

"Andwae! I want my friend to remember this day! And who anyone of you believes if I told you? See what all of you did just now, especially Sica Unnie." Yoona said, looking over to Sica Unnie.

 

"I... I... I was just... mianhae Yoona-ah." Sica Unnie gave up on explaining. Wow, that is the first time Sica Unnie did not rebut and even apologize! Yoona-ah, you have changed.
« END OF YURI'S POV »

 

The nine girls went back to their seats and the food came. While eating, Yoona asked about their lives.

 

"Well, thanks to Mr Im, we are now attending Korea's most prestigious university. Mr Im had helped us a lot, treating us as his own daughters. We had left the orphanage 3 years ago with the help of Mr Im and are now leaving in an apartment at ___________." Taeyeon reported. Yoona smiled after knowing that her friends were coping well in life.

 

"What about Nun Mary? Is she doing well? And Daesung, the oppa with scar on his face." Yoona asked again.

 

"Nun Mary is doing well. She is still working in the orphanage. We will visit her weekly every time we have our gathering. As for Daesung, we don't know..." Sunny replied.

 

Yoona panicked. What could have happened to her best oppa, who always made her laugh, who always stay by her side. "What happened to Daesung Oppa?"

 

"He was adopted by a rich couple five years after you were gone. We did not hear any of his news since then." Sooyoung said, mouth full of food.

 

"I hope that he is doing well then." Yoona sincerely wish Daesung is well and she would be able to meet him someday. She has something for him.

 

"What about you, Yoona? Apart from those you told us earlier, what are going to do now that you return to Korea?" Tiffany asked. Tiffany has always been the mature one, except for the obsession with pink. Her phone is pink, her wallet too.

 

"Firstly, as all of you already know, I decided to enroll into _________ University to continue my studies. I had also been taking business course in Singapore, so I will be trying my hand on Appa's company, learning its functions and take back what is rightfully mine. And not to forget to let those who bullied me suffer." As she proceed on, Yoona's tone got serious.

 

"Are you serious, Yoona?" Taeyeon asked. Everyone was looking at Yoona.

 

"Neh. This is the reason why everything happened. I can't and I won't stop."

 

"Well, if that is what you want, we cannot stop you. Just know your limit." Taeyeon said with a sigh after seeing Yoona being so determined. She knew she could not change Yoona's mindset. She could only wish no one would get injured.


Soshi bonds!!! Annyeong! Another updates for you guys! Mianhae, haven't been in the mood to do anything lately since it's the HOLIDAY! *Dancing madly* 

Do COMMENT OR SUBSCRIBE!!! > <