Chapter 5

Hate? Love?

<< Yoona's POV >>

Early next morning, during breakfast time, the news of Yoona going to America was told to the whole family.

"Yoona, when would you like to go America? I will let you decide. If you're ready, then we will go." My father asked me.

"I will go early next week." I replied, going earlier means that I will change sooner.

"Isn't it too early? Are you sure you want to go that early?" My father questioned, not sure of this decision.

"No appa, I am ok with that. Futhermore, if I go early, I can have more time to adapt to the new environment before going to school. So it is okay, appa." I reasoned.

"She is right, dear. She will need time to settle, and three months ins't long already. So going there by next week is the best choice for her." Our 'Umma' said. Pftt. What a joke! I know you want me to leave earlier so that you can carry out your plan. BUT I will not let you do so.

"But... ...But... ..."

"I know dear, you will miss Yoona. You want to spend more time with her before seperating for a few years. I will too, since I treat her as my own daughter. But think of the positive side, it will be the best for her." 'Umma' said with a kind of face that disgusted me. You right. Pftt. You could hardly want me to leave, how will you miss me. I will play along with you.

"Umma is correct, Appa. I will, too, miss you but then this would be the best for me right? Why not you accompany me for the first two day at America? We can play and shop, just the two of us?" I said. That we leave me sometime to accompany my appa before the next meetup.

"Ok then," Appa agreed and fished out his phone, "Mark, I want you to book 2 tickets for the flight to America early next week. Do it as soon as possible." I looked at her, she had this big smirk on her face.

"Yoona, I will miss you." Jiyeon said, with a bit of sarcasm in it. As if!

"Oh, Yoona, sorry for what I did yesterday. Does it still hurt? Oh, Yoona, I will miss your presense..." Aunt Jung hugged Yoona. I think your will just miss my presense for you to hit. I quickly hug. smile and let go.

"Well, we will miss you too!" The Jo twins said together. Yeah right, you all will lost one target. I will see who is the next target. Better not be those I love.

"Ok, done. Get ready for school. I will go with you, darling, to do the resignation for you." Appa interupt and everyone immediately went to prepare.

I went into my room to change into my uniform and prepare my school bag. I did not hear the footsteps coming towards my room and was startled when I heard my name very softly. I turned around and saw Seohyun and Sohee at the doorstep. "Yes?"

"Do you really have to go to America? It is so far from here." Sohee stated.

"Yes, Sohee. I have to and I need to. Don't worry about me."

"What about your friends? If they know, they will be very upset." Now, it's Seohyun turn to ask.

"Oh Seohyun, don't tell them. I don't want them to know yet." Yoona begged.

"Ok then, if this is what you want. You know that we will really really miss you." Seohyun said.

"I know and I will also miss the both of you too!" Yoona replied and hugged them, "Kaja! Let's go to school now!" 


After school, Yoona went to the orphan home. Everyone was doing their homework and was shocked when she came without any injuries.

"Yoona! Where did they hurt you again? Is it painful? Are you alright?" Yuri asked while inspecting Yoona's body. "Hey, I can't find any injuries!"

"Of course you can't find any injuries, I wasn't bully today. I came here right after school." Yoona laughed.

"Then why are you here, Yoona-ya?" Sunny asked.

"Why are you all like that? Why are you all very shocked when I came here?" Yoona questioned them.

"Cause you everytime come here only if you were hurt or upset, not like today. You seems happy so we were shocked." Sooyoung explained.

"Am I always like that?" Yoona asked. Everyone nodded. "Mianhae."

"Nevermind. Anyway, back to the question, why are you here, Yoona?" Taeyeon said.

"Well...I thought of coming to see you all!" Yoona smiled. "Can we go and play?"

"Well, of course! I am bored of these homework already! This is the best change to get away!" Jessica exclaimed as she quickly stuffed her stuff into her bag.


After few hours of playing, they laid on the grass patch.

"Yah, this is the best game ever!" Hyoyeon exclaimed as she wiped off her sweat on her forehead.

"Yup! I haven't have such fun in such a long time!" Tiffany said. "Yoona, next time bring your cousin here too! I think her name is Seohyun, right Yoona?"

There was a slient as Yoona did not reply. "Yoona?" Yuri shooked her.

"Huh...Huh?" Yoona said.

"What were you thinking? Fany asked you to bring your cousin,Seohyun with you the next time." Yuri repeated.

"Oh...Okay...um...I will bring her with me the next time." Yoona stuttered. "Guys, can I ask you a question?"

"Yes, Yoona?" Taeyeon replied.

"If I would suddenly go away, how will you feel?" Yoona asked carefully, seeing there facial expression.

"Well, I will feel very upset." Jessica first replied.

"I will miss you."

"I will be mad at you. Yoona, why did you ask this question? Is there something wrong?" Taeyeon questioned Yoona.

"Nothing... I say what if."

"I will hate you if you go away suddenly!" Yuri said and walked into the room. Yoona wanted to follow but was pulled back by Taeyeon. "Let her calm down first, she just doesn't want to lose you."

After 15 minutes. Yoona decided to visit Yuri. "Yuri? Can I come in?" Yoona asked as she creeped open the door.

"Yes." Yuri said and after Yoona settled down, she appolgised to Yoona.

"It's okay."

"Mianhae. The thought of you leaving angers me. I didn't want to lose you."

"I understand." Yoona said and hug Yuri. "Mianhae, Yuri. I cannot kept your promise. I had to leave you for some reason. I will return as a better person." Yoona thought to herself.


<< Yoona's POV >>

Time flies past quickly. It already the day to leave. We all gathered at the airport.

"Yoona, have a safe flight there. And come back safe!" Uncle James said and we had a hug. "I will. Thanks Uncle James. I will come back safe to make you bring me for nature trail." I smiled at him.

"Darling, I will miss you. Come back soon. I will teach you more things!" Aunt Im said. "Ok!"

"Yup, come back soon. I will miss your accompany!" Mum said. Unlike the previous reply, I coldly reply her with a nod.

"Attention all passengers boarding Flight _____, please board the plane now. The plane will be flying soon."

'That the announcement. Alright, we will go in now!" Appa said as we slowly walk away from the family. I could hear Seohyun and Sohee calling my name. I didn't want to turn back. I afraid that I would cry and return. I continued to walk...


Well, chapter updated. Sorry again for not updating for such such long time. I had my exam. But now it's almost HOLIDAY! YAY!